Maui.

Rebel Faction Wish List!

What NEW CONTENT would you like to see come next for the Rebel faction?

At the top, for me, is definitely going to be some new pilots and toys for the A-wing and B-wing. Those are much needed, especially some high I pilots for the A-wing.

But there's something else I've been thinking about lately, and I wanted to bring that up as well to see what you guys thinkLuke Skywalker crew.

Because--and I know this puts me out on a limb, but I'm bravely standing by my convictions here--gunner Luke sucks.

What sucks about it the most is that it locks two important things away in a nonviable card. The first is fluff: Luke is an icon, not only of the Rebel faction but of Star Wars generally. It would be nice if we could, say, field him on the Falcon without feeling dirty about it. The second is gameplay: Rebel force users are pretty thin to start with, and it feels pretty bad to have one of the few wasted on a card that clearly wasn't intended to be used for standard gameplay. (Disclaimer: when I say 'standard gameplay' I do not exclusively mean 200/6 tournament-style matches.)

So, as an alternative, I'd really love to see a useful Luke crew.

I like the things you're calling for, particularly the High I A-wings, and a viable Luke crew upgrade. For the B-wings I want to see the prototype and composite beam weapon from the Rebels animated series represented with a title card. Hopefully we can see the A and B wings re-release soon. It'd be great to have them pop up in wave 4. I'd also like to see some new goodies for the YT-2400 eventually. Possibly something to represent Iron Squadron, but I wouldn't expect the YT-2400 re-release for quite some time. 

I wish I had suggestions for new ship types, but I can't think of anything new that I want to see over getting re-releases to flesh out existing ships.

Squad Titles.

In the original trilogy, squad combat was such an important part of our space combat that earned our love of star wars. I want Gold Leader to mean something in this game. I want to have incentive to fly iconic squadrons. I want it to hurt when Jek can't hold it, because he's part of my squad and not just another piecemeal part of my list.

1 hour ago, hargleblarg said:

Squad Titles.

In the original trilogy, squad combat was such an important part of our space combat that earned our love of star wars. I want Gold Leader to mean something in this game. I want to have incentive to fly iconic squadrons. I want it to hurt when Jek can't hold it, because he's part of my squad and not just another piecemeal part of my list.

This.

1 hour ago, Maui. said:

What NEW CONTENT would you like to see come next for the Rebel faction?

At the top, for me, is definitely going to be some new pilots and toys for the A-wing and B-wing.

Because this isn't new content, it's recycling.

100% Post-Consumer But-It-Again, Sam.

Edited by Darth Meanie

2 hours ago, hargleblarg said:

Squad Titles.

DITTO!!!  Red Squadron, Gold Squadron, Rogue Squadron...etc etc.  

1 hour ago, drail14me said:

K2SO

Blue Squadron X-Wing Pilots and models from Rogue One

Force Ghost Ben. “Spend a force to Change a blank ordnance die to a focus”

Oh yes!! Agree to this too 

Edited by Ccwebb
Rouge Squadron— lmao!

Red Squadron- add or reroll dice if another squad memeber is near by. 

Gold Squadron- something with sharing target locks, or maybe focus fire

Green Squadron-free boost or evades 

Blue Squadron- allow “nudging” for better formation flying???  Maybe...or bumping squad mate counts as fully executed move.

Rogue Squadron- not sure

4 hours ago, hargleblarg said:

Squad Titles.

Sounds like you might be looking more for Armada.

X-Wing will never begin to approach the sort of things you're asking for given that most Rebel lists are gonna have only 3-4 snubfighters.

Corran Horn in a x-wing please....

Whistler Astromech

I dont have the details of the squadron titles nailed down, only a "concept" of what each squadron should represent in gameplay.

Red Squadron Title for T-65 X-Wings

This squadron will provide buffs for the ships who fly in PERFECT formation, rewarding well thought out maneuvering. This is to represent how the Red Squadron Pilots were weaker when they were spread out on the surface of the death star, but were still able to take it out when in "Wing" formation for the trench run, or when pilots came to each other's aid during the dog fighting. This will also buff the Generic pilots, allowing generics to have a place on the field. This will only work on members shown in the death star run, like Wedge, Garven, Porkins, Luke. Biggs, Porkins,

Rogue Squadron Title for T-65 X-Wings

This should give buffs to the ships in the squadrons, and should synergize well with the relevant pilots of the lore. like Luke, Wedge, Corran, Hobbie, etc... This is obviously to show how elite and skilled the pilots of Rogue Squadron are as a UNIT, vs Wedge or Corran alone.

Rogue Squadron Pilot - Generic

Wraith Squadron Title for T-65 X-Wings

This squadron should have unique debuffs to play on the enemy, and synergize well with other ships in squadron. This is to represent how they were a black op style squad, specializing in other things then piloting, such as sabotage.

Wraith Squadron Pilot -  Generic

Gold Squadron Title for Y-Wings

Similar to Red Squadron, will give bonuses for close formation  but will give bonus's to the amount of missiles or torpedoes, to properly represent the main use and strength of Y-wings, while simultaneously forcing them not to use or power creep bombs and the area of effect madness that happened in V1. I feel missiles and torpedoes should be treated with more respect as they were the main weapon that not only destroyed the death star, but are the main representation of explosives in the star wars universe, where as bombs really only started making a huge appearance in more modern movies and series.

Blue Squadron Title for X-wings, U-Wings

This squadron would be useful in "epic" style game modes, or in standard play, will have to declare a target, and if that target is <Insert Objective Goal Here> the rebel team will gain bonus victory points.  This is to represent how blue squadron had varied goals in Rogue One, and despite my own like of the movie, let alone Disney Lore, this is how the Squadron was displayed to be quite effective at pulling off a variety and split goal squadron like when part of the squad went to the planet and other part assisted red squadron in dog fighting.

Ru Murleen - Blue Squadron Pilot - Give this Rebel Assault pilot her own card!

Rookie One - The Player of Blue Squadron in Rebel Assault, we all loved being a "Custom" hero and replace look during the death star assault, so this should allow us to choose a pilot ability used by a fellow pilot on the field, and copy it for the duration of the match. This might be OP though, so maybe not.

Anyway, this is my wishes to get added.

What I would love to see is a Clone award squadron pack-style kit for the Rebels that contains a prototype Red B-Wing and two Green A-Wings. Hera as an I5 pilot for both platforms. A double cannon for the B-Wing that would be a 5 dice bullseye attack. And accompany the release with an A-Wing points reduction to help them see play. Add whatever else to flavour.

There's a reason we have only 2 named pilots each for the A & B wing in the conversion set. There's a reason K-2SO was held out despite another expansion of the U-Wing. There's a reason we haven't seen Obi-Wan for Rebels as a crew (something simple, +1 force token and perhaps if there is another force user as crew he adds a +1 Force token to that crew ala lightsaber training) There's a reason we don't have Lobot, Bib Fortuna, Kabe, E-3PO, Labria, Cornelius Evazan, Ponda Baba,  Garindan Ezz Zavor, Admiral Motti, Ice Cream Man, Max Rebo and the Jizz Wailers.

It's because FFG is going to make us buy new Original Trilogy content, and lots of it, to keep the game making $ and I look forward to it all. Bring it on. I want Ice Cream Man to have the ability to add rigged cargo chute to small ships and the whole cargo token is just a case of dippin' dots. #icecreamofthefuture

So I believe FFG should focus on using material from the RPG's to fill in a lot of the gaps along with all the new material from the comics, books, tv shows and movies.

One thing I would really like to see is a Rebels TV show based expansion that would be similar to the conversion kits where it would be primarily cards and cardboard but with new pilots for all ships that have shown up in the show. Couple ideas for this would be Phoenix Squadron X-Wings and Y-Wings shown during the Attack Run on Lothal which would add Hera, Mart Mattin, Cleat, Duke, and Secon Daree. I know most of the A-Wing Pilots of Phoenix Squadron didn't have names, but FFG could easily talk with Disney and come up with a few to create some new A-Wing pilots, but this would also be a good opportunity to bring in Hobbie since he is no longer currently an X-Wing Pilot, and you could add Hera, Sabine, Ahsoka and Wedge to that line up as well. then always throw in a B-Wing card for Hera just cause she was the original test pilot for the craft. and then add Ezra and one or two more Gold Squadron pilots to the Y-Wing due to the episode where the Ghost assists Mon Mothma escape imperial custody.

I am hoping the new Cassian Andor show bring us new pilots and crew members for the rebellion when that show airs.

there are still a lot of pilots I would like to see from certain books I would like to see, one group I would love to see in game is the rest of Corona since we already have Thane Kyrell, but I would also love if Disney somehow made the Rogue and Wraith Squadron crews canon cause that adds a lot of flavor to the rebellion.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, Cloaker said:

we haven't seen Obi-Wan for Rebels as a crew (something simple, +1 force token and perhaps if there is another force user as crew he adds a +1 Force token to that crew ala lightsaber training)

🤨 So +2 to the ship's force pool (all of the Force tokens from a ship's upgrades go into a single pool for that ship that regens at a flat 1 Force charge per turn, unlike Charge tokens which are hard locked to their upgrade card) from Obi if there is another Force crew, or +1 for Obi and an additional +1 from him for each other Force crew/gunner on the ship?

From a Scum player who occasionally plays Rebels

in the Rebels animated series they had a Special B-wing prototype I think it was called Blade Wing. The prototype had a gunner seat added and a special cannon that drained power from the hyperdrive and other systems, but it was powerful enough to 1 shot a imperial corvette sized capital ship.

Maybe the new B-Wing could have a limited title card for the bladewing that goes something like 

-xx points gain a gunner slot lose both cannon slots and torpedo slot, gain a bullseye arc firepower 4 or 5 attack but gain an ion token if you fire it.

another thing rebels need is a cheap ship option other than the z-95 or shuttles bc the shuttle pilots are useful crew in some situations. Could be a repriced A-Wing but if it gets cheaper then the Scum Scyk is too expensive.

I can't believe I still have to ask for this, but I do.  I want K2SO in the game as a crew, or as a pilot, or both.  I was shocked when he wasn't in the Saw's Renegades upgrade in any fashion, that was their big chance to get him in the game.  He was the best thing about Rogue One imo, and he definitely was a capable pilot and copilot.  How is he not represented?!

I'd also like to see Tycho back as well.  And as others have said, an A Wing Ace or two.  And maybe a few more droids.  :)

Edited by direweasel

9 hours ago, JJ48 said:

YT-2000!

Yeah, I know it'll never happen, but the request was for wishes, not predictions.

Rebel or Scum I'd like to see the YT-2000 added to. Though I'm a big fan of it coming to Scum A) so that we get one protag from the X-Wing games in each of the original factions, provided they add Keyan back, and B) you could run the Azameens all together in a list, hopefully.