imrandy85

Poe and Finch + 1

I ran my first couple of Resistance games last night using the following list

RZ-2 A-wing - •Tallissan Lintra - 37
    •Tallissan Lintra - Deadly Approach (35)
        Trick Shot (1)
        Heroic (1)

T-70 X-wing - •Poe Dameron - 77
    •Poe Dameron - Trigger-Happy Flyboy (68)
        Heroic (1)
        R4 Astromech (2)
        •Black One (2)
        Integrated S-foils (Closed) (0)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

MG-100 StarFortress - •Finch Dallow - 86
    •Finch Dallow - Cobalt Hammer (70)
        Trajectory Simulator (3)
        Proton Bombs (5)
        Seismic Charges (3)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)

Total: 200/200

Observations over only 2 games:

• Tallie
    • I love the rear arc on the new A-Wing
    • Never used Trick Shot
    • Never used Heroic
    • Used Tallie's ability once
    • Most turns I was using focus + boost.  Sometimes focus + rotate.  When I didn't have a shot lined up, evade.
  • Poe
    • I like him a lot, but I need to get used to flying a Poe that will actually die (I don't have his 1.0 ability, autothrusters, R2D2, and advanced optics anymore 😥)
    • I need to learn to fly a PTL ace, I k-turned and tallon rolled a couple times and immediately regretted it because I didn't have actions.  I need to either get Pattern Analyzer here, or only do turn around maneuvers when I know I won't be shot.
    • HLC was...ok but I feel like it got me into trouble by jousting more than Poe really wants to
    • Never used Heroic
  • Finch
    • Oh man, he is a blast.  Every proton bomb I placed touching my base hit an enemy, his ability is just so flexible.
    • I used Pattern Analyzer exactly once in each game to launch a bomb + hard stop + focus
  • General
    • Not having a bid scares me
    • Need to figure out a better setup
    • I think ideally I want the bomber to be covering Poe in the early game with the A-Wing flanking

New List:

MG-100 StarFortress - •Finch Dallow - 81
    •Finch Dallow - Cobalt Hammer (70)
        Trajectory Simulator (3)
        Proton Bombs (5)
        Seismic Charges (3)

T-70 X-wing - •Poe Dameron - 73
    •Poe Dameron - Trigger-Happy Flyboy (68)
        Crack Shot (1)
        R4 Astromech (2)
        •Black One (2)
        Integrated S-foils (Closed) (0)

RZ-2 A-wing - •L’ulo L’ampar - 40
    •L’ulo L’ampar - Luminous Mentor (38)
        Trick Shot (1)
        Heroic (1)

Total: 194/200

Modifications:

• L’ulo
    • Since I only triggered Tallie's ability once, and hits harder when I want/need to
  • Poe
    • Changed Heroic to Crack Shot, I lost HLC so this makes up for a bit of the offense but I'll feel less obligated to force it since its only 1 point.
  • Finch
    • Removed Pattern Analyzer, its nice but I want the bid
  • General
    • I've got a 6 point bid now!  The only other things I could really see cutting are all the Talents which would get me down to 191.

Anyone else have ideas here?  I'm really unsure of how much of a bid to go for or what Talents to put on anything.

Edited by imrandy85

Having played quite a bit of these ships I do think putting crackshot in Lulo is generally better than trick shot and I love Predator on Poe if you're willing to lose a point off your bid. Double repositioning and still getting a mod is great, and combines nicely with closed s foils.

Heroic is a low frequency use talent.  And, is more likely to trigger with an A-Wing on offense and a T-70 on defense (2 dice).  I would take your first build.  Loose the Pattern Analyzer from the bomber and the Trick Shot from Tallie to put BB8 on Poe.  This will give you a lot more shots with that Heavy Cannon (and them a lot less shots on Poe).  For a small bid. Drop Heroic.  For a larger bid loose the either the Trajectory Simulator or the Seismic Charges in addition.  Then fly Poe like the TIE Interceptor on steroids that he is.  Use reload bomb, reload bomb on Finch like the mad bomber he is.  Tallie is in the flanks like you have her.

6 hours ago, Sonikgav said:

The one thing you said that I noticed was "Used Pattern Analyser to launch a bomb"

You know Bombs aren't actions anymore right?

Yes I know its not an action.  I guess I should've said "I used Pattern Analyzer exactly once in each when I launched a bomb to hard stop + focus"

I like the bones of the 1st list more. I would ditch PA and HLC, switch Trick Shot for Predator on Tallie. That leaves you with 8 points. Any mix of a bid, a better Astro, Lulo instead of Talli, would be gold imo