Turtlefan2082

Unofficial cancellation false alarm

3 hours ago, zooeyglass said:

It has been confirmed by the magazine and it's in the massive The Circle Undone thread, outlining all the evidence for it. You don't have to believe us, of course, but we do know it to be the case now. In terms of it being weird: I completely agree, but there's precedent for Matt Newman trying new and different things. In The Path to Carcosa we got 6 investigators, as you noted. We already know there are 'prologue' characters for The Circle Undone. He likes to shake things up! 

On the novellas: something I've not yet seen mentioned here is that the story editor at FFG left just under 12 months ago and wasn't replaced directly. While that meant the keeping of the lore bibles for FFG's various IPs just passed to other members of the relevant story teams, for things like the fiction associated with any given line there were delays, and there was no one inhouse actively working to commission new novellas. Hence the silence, hence the uncertainty. I'm not sure if we can make any estimates for whether there'll be more novellas imminently, but fortunately that's immaterial when it comes to whether they'll reprint the first five (they will). 

Additionally, since Marie was already a promo investigator and NOT a replacement, including her in a cycle that already HAS a mystic seems to be the best way to incorporate her into a box. Otherwise, those who have had her character since The Investigators of Arkham book was available to pre-order would also not be getting a 'new' mystic as they would already have her.

EDIT: ^Ninja'd by CSerpent!

Edited by Soakman

On 12/21/2018 at 6:55 PM, Soakman said:

For me: Patrice, Sefina, Darrel, Gloria, Kate, Carson, Diana

If you want a a Diana back story, I can recommend "The Feeders from Within." I'm also pleased to see that her cards reflect the story.

2 hours ago, bern1106 said:

If you want a a Diana back story, I can recommend "The Feeders from Within." I'm also pleased to see that her cards reflect the story.

I've already read it, unfortunately, and would happily read more if I could. She was really fun to read. Thanks for the rec!

Edited by Soakman

16 minutes ago, Goshiu said:

Updated the upcoming page to On the Boat. Doesn't give a timeline but also safe to say not canceled or too slow to remove.

Well, I want them to come out soon... But I don't relish spending almost $100 on Arkham this month. But lord knows I will if they're restocked.

3 minutes ago, Antimarkovnikov said:

Well, I want them to come out soon... But I don't relish spending almost $100 on Arkham this month. But lord knows I will if they're restocked.

I'm lucky I only need Ire of the Void and The Dirge of Reason.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Buhallin said:

Not lasting long, but they are indeed back in stock in the FFG store.  I'm sure the humble mea culpa will come soon.  Or some moving goalposts, more likely.

Aaaaand they're gone

Edited by CSerpent

2 hours ago, Turtlefan2082 said:

I am a man of my word.  I do apologise for the scare.  I still bitter as **** about having to wait one more year before I can even think about getting my hands on a new copy of To Fight the Black Wind. 

Thanks.

Would you mine editing the subject to something less startling?  I know when I first read it, I thought it was about the entire game line before clicking in.

4 hours ago, Jobu said:

Thanks.

Would you mine editing the subject to something less startling?  I know when I first read it, I thought it was about the entire game line before clicking in.

How do you do that?

16 hours ago, Turtlefan2082 said:

I am a man of my word.  I do apologise for the scare.  I still bitter as **** about having to wait one more year before I can even think about getting my hands on a new copy of To Fight the Black Wind.

This apology honors you.

It is ironic, however, when you realize that your original post has maybe contributed to make the recent stock sell very quickly again, because of fear of missing out forever... Let's hope that they're restocked faster this time. 

3 hours ago, Freeman said:

This apology honors you.

It is ironic, however, when you realize that your original post has maybe contributed to make the recent stock sell very quickly again, because of fear of missing out forever... Let's hope that they're restocked faster this time. 

Yes, let's hope

Now can we get back to being upset that there has not been an announcement on the novellas since last March?

Give us some idea of what you are planning.  It doesn't have to be announcement but a "this is our plan" would be really nice.

I won't actually be satisfied until there are actual new books or WoG from FF. Otherwise I'm sad they didn't feel this warranted follow-up, and now I'm going to forget about these and obsess about the Tarot Deck I want them to make.

3 hours ago, Jobu said:

Give us some idea of what you are planning.  It doesn't have to be announcement but a "this is our plan" would be really nice.

This just isn't something FFG does.

1 hour ago, jjvreed said:

I won't actually be satisfied until there are actual new books or WoG from FF.

Assuming they did the first set as a trial run, they probably wouldn't have even commissioned the next to be written until after they saw how these did.  It's been about 14 months since the first one was released.  A year to write, publish, etc is pretty short.  With as fast as these sell I expect we will see more, but the timeline will be out a bit.

13 hours ago, Buhallin said:

This just isn't something FFG does.

Thats true.

Its just something that I would like them to do and that they could do. 

5 hours ago, Jobu said:

Thats true.

Its just something that I would like them to do and that they could do. 

I would too, but can you really blame them for not?  The more vague plans they share, the more likely things are to change or just not happen, and they'd get crucified for every little thing.

All in stock on FFG US store except for dirge of reason as of 3:30 PM CST, 1-15-2019.

I finally got the last two I needed (to Fight the Black Wind and the Deep Gate.)