Sign in to follow this  
Crit Happens

The race to the bottom, and how it should be addressed

10 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

This is actually one of the biggest problems with the design of the game.  It was identified in 1e and only sporadically fixed, and hasn't really been touched in 2e - that the highest init pilots should NOT have the best abilities.

Good abilities should go with LOW PS, so that you have a choice between arc dodging and perfect information, OR good abilities.  Pilots where everything's concentrated on the top pilot are super difficult to balance because they're so all or nothing.

If, for instance, boba had say, koshka's ability, and vice versa, you'd have a solid listbuilding choice between lower init and double mods, or higher init and a less useful power.

With it the way it is there's almost no incentive to ever use a lot of low-init pilots, because their abilities are terrible too.

It would have been pretty good if Soontir and Turr switched abilities.

23 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Does every faction need an I6?

Every squad doesn't.

I'm sort of interested in CIS. We have a Sith Infiltrator, I rather fancy it with Jango.... and I like Tri Fighters rather a lot. I'm not feeling much theme around an I6, it sort of puts me off there being one. Just personal taste, I don't tend to use them.

CIS. The anti-bid faction. I'm in :D

Something tells me Jango if released will be the CIS I6, as to if every faction needs one. For gameplay and balance I believe each faction needs at least 1 so that each faction is at a minimum given the same tools even if they’re not the same amount of those tools available.

On 12/19/2018 at 4:59 PM, Cgriffith said:

Something tells me Jango if released will be the CIS I6, as to if every faction needs one. For gameplay and balance I believe each faction needs at least 1 so that each faction is at a minimum given the same tools even if they’re not the same amount of those tools available.

Give him a tragedy sim slot to boot! Yeah, he died to purple stick boi when he could have used other weapons from a distance, but IN THE MOVIES (YEE I KNOW COMICS ETC. EXIST) he did more than the already awesome Boba. And that Bounty Hunter game for 5th gen consoles was dank.

I suppose I could get behind even his most perfect Clone not being quite as good of a pilot, but I'd certainly prefer Jango at i5 for flavor reasons. If he joined the gig at i6 then Separatist fans would just cry for a small base i6, and either way that's really overlooking their true power of Vulture swarms. (I can't wait to play the heck out of those.)