Captain Lackwit

OH GOD, THE BOMBERS ARE GOOD.

9 hours ago, Wiredin said:

That seems very above average...

using the probability calculator. If Poe has a focus and is facing 3 die shot with focus he should take 4.9 attacks to the face before he is dead. Adding Heroic ups that to 5.2. 

That tells me that it would trigger once for every 5 attacks. It's is slightly better on 2 dice than 3 dice. So lets say 1 use per game. Id rather use Crackshot for once per game to kill something personally. Mostly because Red dice win over green dice all being equal (3 v 3 with focus on both)

Compared to A-wings...where most people are putting it. Base durability is 3.6 shots. Goes to 3.8 with Heroic. so it is 0.1 less chance of death.

Heroic is bad. 

It works on offense and defense though. Which makes the probabilities add up.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:25 PM, Hiemfire said:

Maybe. I think Paige side steps that limitation per the "Golden Rules" on card ability trumping the Rules Reference and Rule Book. She says you can drop after a primary attack then you can drop after a primary attack.

http://infinitearenas.com/xw2rules/index.php?page=golden-rules

"Golden Rules

If a rule in this guide contradicts the Rulebook, the rule in this guide takes precedence.

If the ability of a card conflicts with the rules in this guide, the card ability takes precedence.

If a card ability uses the word "cannot," that effect is absolute and cannot be overridden by other effects.

During an attack or while otherwise resolving an effect involving dice, each die cannot be rerolled more than once."

But it does not contradict the Rules in the guide. The guide says you can only drop 1 device per round. Her ability on the card is stating that you can do it outside of the normal System Phase. Nowhere on her card does it say you can drop another bomb. So they are not contradicting to you each other.

Same principle with that you can only perform 1 bonus attack per round, if you have a card that provides you with another attack this round, be it Quickdraw (Having Turret turned backwards), Vet Turret Gunner, it is not contradicting to the rule of only allowing you 1 bonus attack per round. It states you get a bonus attack if certain conditions happened, the rule guide states you can only use it once per round though.

1 hour ago, PsychoCC said:

But it does not contradict the Rules in the guide. The guide says you can only drop 1 device per round. Her ability on the card is stating that you can do it outside of the normal System Phase. Nowhere on her card does it say you can drop another bomb. So they are not contradicting to you each other.

Same principle with that you can only perform 1 bonus attack per round, if you have a card that provides you with another attack this round, be it Quickdraw (Having Turret turned backwards), Vet Turret Gunner, it is not contradicting to the rule of only allowing you 1 bonus attack per round. It states you get a bonus attack if certain conditions happened, the rule guide states you can only use it once per round though.

Can I ask where exactly you are getting the idea you can only launch one device a round?

Unless I've overlooked it, I can't find it stated in the rule book or Rule reference under bombs or devices.

BOMB

A bomb is a type of device that is placed in the play area through a card effect from a upgrade card. The upgrade card that corresponds to the bomb
has the “Bomb” trait at the top of its card text. Bombs can be dropped or launched during the
System Phase and detonate at the end of the Activation Phase

Edited by Tyhar7

1 hour ago, Tyhar7 said:

Can I ask where exactly you are getting the idea you can only launch one device a round?

Rules Reference, page 9, bottom left of the page.

"• Each ship can drop or launch only one device per round."

Wait wait wait...

Rules Reference Pg. 9: "Each ship can drop or launch only one device per round"

Finch: "Before you drop a bomb, you may place it in the play area touching you instead"

So, the RR says you can only launch or drop once per round. Finch does neither of those things, he places it. Is this the same difference between acquiring a lock and taking the target lock action? Does this mean Paige + Finch can place multiple bombs per round (but not launch or drop multiple)?

I doubt it works likes that based upon the replacement effect discussion, as placing replaces dropping, and thus counts as dropping?

But technically on the wording alone, Finch could place (not drop) multiple a round! Vtg + Paige could mean place in system, place after one shot, place after another shot haha.

12 hours ago, HanScottFirst said:

Wait wait wait...

Rules Reference Pg. 9: "Each ship can drop or launch only one device per round"

Finch: "Before you drop a bomb, you may place it in the play area touching you instead"

So, the RR says you can only launch or drop once per round. Finch does neither of those things, he places it. Is this the same difference between acquiring a lock and taking the target lock action? Does this mean Paige + Finch can place multiple bombs per round (but not launch or drop multiple)?

I doubt it works likes that based upon the replacement effect discussion, as placing replaces dropping, and thus counts as dropping?

But technically on the wording alone, Finch could place (not drop) multiple a round! Vtg + Paige could mean place in system, place after one shot, place after another shot haha.

Replacing actually means that the original effect does not occur, and thus you could probably argue that this works, RAW.

However, that's clearly ridiculous and no TO would ever allow it, unless they are deliberately trying to annoy FFG into tightening the rules up

On 12/19/2018 at 10:49 AM, Jarval said:

Rules Reference, page 9, bottom left of the page.

"• Each ship can drop or launch only one device per round."

Are Paige Tico and Deathfire exempt from this when they are destroyed? If they had dropped a bomb in the systems phase and then get destroyed in the following engagement phase can they still drop a bomb?

3 minutes ago, Just Paulos said:

Are Paige Tico and Deathfire exempt from this when they are destroyed? If they had dropped a bomb in the systems phase and then get destroyed in the following engagement phase can they still drop a bomb?

No.

11 hours ago, gadwag said:

Replacing actually means that the original effect does not occur, and thus you could probably argue that this works, RAW.

Honestly, yeah I kind of agree here (and also agree that it blatantly flies in the face of RAI). They should probably address this soon!

On 12/17/2018 at 9:36 PM, Wiredin said:

That seems very above average...

using the probability calculator. If Poe has a focus and is facing 3 die shot with focus he should take 4.9 attacks to the face before he is dead. Adding Heroic ups that to 5.2. 

That tells me that it would trigger once for every 5 attacks. It's is slightly better on 2 dice than 3 dice. So lets say 1 use per game. Id rather use Crackshot for once per game to kill something personally. Mostly because Red dice win over green dice all being equal (3 v 3 with focus on both)

Compared to A-wings...where most people are putting it. Base durability is 3.6 shots. Goes to 3.8 with Heroic. so it is 0.1 less chance of death.

Heroic is bad. 

So according to your math Poe without Heroic lasts 4.9 rounds and with heroic he lasts 5.2. So ONE ROUND MORE WHERE HE GETS TO SHOOT? 

Thats definitely worth 1 point..

58 minutes ago, RedHotDice said:

So according to your math Poe without Heroic lasts 4.9 rounds and with heroic he lasts 5.2. So ONE ROUND MORE WHERE HE GETS TO SHOOT? 

Thats definitely worth 1 point..

fair

I did try it last night on Poe, I'm converted. I blanked 4 times. gets rid of the feels bad and helps with variance. so yea I'm a believer now. 

2 hours ago, Wiredin said:

fair

I did try it last night on Poe, I'm converted. I blanked 4 times. gets rid of the feels bad and helps with variance. so yea I'm a believer now. 

37 minutes ago, cybu said:

Welcome. You're one of us now 

One of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us, one of us.

Welcome to our Heroic team.

@Gilarius On Paige enabling a second bomb to be dropped in the same round, if not a contradiction and still constrained by the 1 device drop/launch per round limit then why is Genius worded the way it is? "After you fully execute a maneuver, if you have not dropped or launched a device this round, you may drop 1 bomb."

latest?cb=20180817172414

This seems to imply that Paige and Deathfire do contradict the once per round limitation on devices and thus over rule it.