Captain Lackwit

OH GOD, THE BOMBERS ARE GOOD.

Finch is Bob from 1.0.  Bob made a worlds cut appearance, and I won a couple small local tournaments with him.  The big change for Finch is that he doesn’t have bombs with control effects.  Bob could ion and stress enemy ships at will.  I’m concerned that Finch will be significantly weaker.

37 minutes ago, chrisleeingram said:

If you have Finch, and trajectory sim, does that he can place a bomb anywhere 360' from the bomber at 5? (cheese): Before you would drop a bomb, you may place it in the play area touching you instead.

That would not work. TS only allows you to use the 5 forward the normal way and woudnt be aimable by finches ability. 

1 minute ago, chrisleeingram said:

I am not sure, the spirit of a bomber is to drop, what gives the bomber the ability to launch?

The text of Trajectory Simulator says, "During the System Phase, if you would drop or launch a bomb, you may launch it using the 5 straight template instead."  It says you may do this while dropping or launching, but the action itself is specifically a launch, which must use the front templates.

Finch's ability says, "Before you would drop a bomb, you may place it in the play area touching you instead."  If I decide to drop a bomb, either ability could trigger, but not both (TS makes me launch the bomb instead of dropping, so Finch can't trigger.  Finch makes me place a bomb instead of dropping or launching, so TS can't trigger.)

Maybe switch primed thrusters for proton rockets and either a bigger bid or throw an extra hull on the bomber?

I really like the idea of double a wing + big ship list and have tried Han and Vennie so far but felt it wasn't quite there either time.

9 minutes ago, chrisleeingram said:

What does the listening device really do?

If you have a ship with Informant, you give an enemy ship a Listening Device at the start of the game.  Then, if the Informant's ship is near that enemy ship during the System Phase, the enemy has to flip over his dial.  That way, you can make decisions on what actions and abilities to use while knowing what maneuver that ship will do.

14 minutes ago, chrisleeingram said:

What does the listening device really do?

When the ship with the Listening Device condition is within range 2 of the ship with the informant upgrade (the upgrade that assigns the listening device) during the System Phase, that ship's dial is turned over so that the chosen maneuver is visible. This gives the player who's ship assigned the device knowledge as to how the ship with the device is going to move. It makes blocking or securing a kill box for the ship with the device on it easier. Best done with a low initiative ship (Gunrunner or other low init crew carrier) having the Informant upgrade equipped and the listening device assigned to a higher initiative opposing ship (Kylo, Luke, Fenn, Boba, etc.). Mostly make sure you have the listening device assigned to an opponents most dangerous high init ship. It'll help. :)

Edited by Hiemfire

13 hours ago, gennataos said:

@Captain Lackwit - I’m missing the usefulness of PT on A-Wings. Please enlighten me. 

DUDE WHAT

Okay so, those let you just stack stress up to twice and you're still able to barrel roll or boost. So, if you're carrying over stress from a previous turn for whatever reason, you have absolutely all the free reign to just. Barrel roll or boost. You don't even have to clear it. It's just such a good option. Meanwhile, I'm not totally sure about them on X-Wings at all. But I'm sure not sold on Ferrosphere.

10 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

@Captain Lackwit So why not Pattern Analyzer on Finch? Just don't have the card? Being able to rotate arc after a Red 1 Hard or Red 3 Bank without having to depend on Paige's trigger could be useful.

Because I'm never gonna' force stress on a bomber. That's just not a great idea in my book.

6 hours ago, chrisleeingram said:

If you have Finch, and trajectory sim, does that he can place a bomb anywhere 360' from the bomber at 5? (cheese): Before you would drop a bomb, you may place it in the play area touching you instead.

Definitely not. That basically means, "Put it around your ship wherever you want, so long as it's touching your base."

Hey, Trajectory Simulator lets you fire off forward, right?

9 hours ago, player3010587 said:

Laughs in Kylo. True, my Rexler became Wrekt-Brath, but switching factions to fly the far more maneuverable ship has dispelled any fear I previously had for one of the game's best blockers. 

I'd love to fly against little Ben! That'd be a thrill with this list.

3 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

Maybe switch primed thrusters for proton rockets and either a bigger bid or throw an extra hull on the bomber?

I really like the idea of double a wing + big ship list and have tried Han and Vennie so far but felt it wasn't quite there either time.

Losing PT might be a little risky, but that is 16 points I can spare if I take them off. Of course I could put other tech there too. Advanced Optics or Pattern Analyzer could be interesting. But I'm not sold.

5 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Because I'm never gonna' force stress on a bomber. That's just not a great idea in my book.

It wouldn't be about forcing stress, it'd be for keeping options open when/if you do those maneuvers. Pattern Analyzer is 5 pts, unless the small bid you've got on the list is that big of a deal in your local area for L'ulo.

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

It wouldn't be about forcing stress, it'd be for keeping options open when/if you do those maneuvers. Pattern Analyzer is 5 pts, unless the small bid you've got on the list is that big of a deal in your local area for L'ulo.

Well, yes. That is quite true. I may just well use that next time.

5 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Surprised I haven't heard of Edon yet

He's like a better version of "genius", other than he doesn't work with red manuevers

Yes, possibly the bomber I'm most interested in - scooting about and dropping Proxy Mines all over the shop.

50 minutes ago, SOTL said:

Yes, possibly the bomber I'm most interested in - scooting about and dropping Proxy Mines all over the shop.

2 is hardly 'all over the shop'! 😛

You can't recover the charges on Mines, unfortunately...