matt.sucharski

L'ulo is love. L'ulo is life

Also love L’ulo, an A-Wing with a unique turret and a way to get 3 reds is amazing. 

Not sold on Heroic either, although I haven’t removed it yet. My strategy now has been basically don’t stress yourself if you’ll be taking any shots at all. Therefore it’s extremely unlikely you’ll blank out. 

Edited by ayedubbleyoo

I'm still not sold on L'ulo to be honest. I like Tallie a lot better. Everytime I see L'ulo across from me I'm never worried and I've one shot him more times than I can count. On paper before release I was all in, I thought best A-wing for sure. but now after flying it, Tallie is my leading A-wing lady. Mostly because she's so bloody cheap. 

1 hour ago, Wiredin said:

I'm still not sold on L'ulo to be honest. I like Tallie a lot better. Everytime I see L'ulo across from me I'm never worried and I've one shot him more times than I can count. On paper before release I was all in, I thought best A-wing for sure. but now after flying it, Tallie is my leading A-wing lady. Mostly because she's so bloody cheap. 

Sabine attack shuttle is good, right?  Lulo is that but I5 and with a better dial and a rear arc and the option to flip to 3 green dice.

10 minutes ago, SOTL said:

Sabine attack shuttle is good, right?  Lulo is that but I5 and with a better dial and a rear arc and the option to flip to 3 green dice.

Sabine double stacks and gets super natural for free. big difference. she also can abuse the snot out of composure. That is why Sabine is good. 

L'ulo has more versatility in a different way, but cannot double stack focus/evade. 

Sabine can decide late in the order if she wants to use her focus on offense 

L'ulo uses his focus on offence and then gets dead if he was not able to dodge arc

Sabine can re-position and get focus/evade. Or double re position and still get a token of some kind. 

L'ulo can double re-position without getting any tokens, or token plus boost.

REally the only thing they have in common is L'ulo's stressed stat line and 38 points. 

Edited by Wiredin

4 hours ago, Wiredin said:

I tried a couple games with him and the spell has been broken for me, too. But I've been using him more as cheap Xwing with low health.

But I see no reason to take Tallie either. I get it, she's cheap for I5.  I guess I need to see her ability in action.

4 hours ago, SOTL said:

Lulo is my new jam. It was lulo verse ryad in the end game and i pulled out a win. Getting a focus, turning your turret and launching 4 dice out the butt is too hot!

On 12/27/2018 at 7:41 PM, TBot said:

Lulo is my new jam. It was lulo verse ryad in the end game and i pulled out a win. Getting a focus, turning your turret and launching 4 dice out the butt is too hot!

The look on your opponents face when an awing rolls 4 dice!

Edited by TBot

8 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

I tried a couple games with him and the spell has been broken for me, too. But I've been using him more as cheap Xwing with low health.

But I see no reason to take Tallie either. I get it, she's cheap for I5.  I guess I need to see her ability in action.

No you don't, she's just cheap for an I5, that's her ability.

Trick shot on L'ulo, is also pretty good, if you are in the mix, it is quite possible to get recurring trick shots off, so 4 red dice attacks, that and keeping Heroic on him, as he will definately be needing it once in a while.

L'ulo is the only A- wing I would put heroic on tho.

4 hours ago, SOTL said:

No you don't, she's just cheap for an I5, that's her ability.

13 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

correct. her ability is her points efficiency. when her ability proc's it's a nice bonus, but it's not something I'd ever rely on. 

1 hour ago, Wiredin said:

correct. her ability is her points efficiency. when her ability proc's it's a nice bonus, but it's not something I'd ever rely on. 

Yeah, the issue is that she simply doesn't fit into the squad I'm currently interested in.

Maybe the idea with Snap wasn't so bad after all.

I love all the RZ-2’s but Lulo is awesome. He is a great flanker and really does damage if ignored. I played last night with Poe, Lulo and 2 crack/optic greens all with Heroic. Heroic triggered 6 times on defense including twice when rolling 4 greens. I can’t understand why anyone would play resistance without it. It’s cheap insurance against variance.

Not as a competitive list, but I want to try this:

L'ulo L'ampar (38)
Heroic (1)
Intimidation (3)
Proton Rockets (7)
Ferrosphere Paint (6)

Tallissan Lintra (35)
Heroic (1)
Intimidation (3)
Proton Rockets (7)
Ferrosphere Paint (6)

Poe Dameron (68)
Heroic (1)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Ferrosphere Paint (6)
Black One (2)
Hardpoint: Torpedo (0)
Proton Torpedoes (9)

Total: 195

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

oh why Intimidation you ask? Well I will most likely be moving first and setting up bumps because no one plays anything lower than i5. and also.. .because outmaneuver doesn't work. 

Edited by Wiredin

28 minutes ago, Dreadai said:

I keep wanting to put prockets on Lulo. Am I mad?

Yes. Lulo benefits least of all, neither does his ability help nor can he then afford the stress to reposition and make sure he gets the bullseye. Plus he's the most expensive already.

Tallie on the other hand is better for prockets. She gets her ability, can stress herself, is also I5 but very cheap

1 hour ago, Dreadai said:

I keep wanting to put prockets on Lulo. Am I mad?

55 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Yes. Lulo benefits least of all, neither does his ability help nor can he then afford the stress to reposition and make sure he gets the bullseye. Plus he's the most expensive already.

Tallie on the other hand is better for prockets. She gets her ability, can stress herself, is also I5 but very cheap

there is a local who runs both with ferro and prockets. that procket shot is scary AF, but I've always felt that on Lulo it's too expensive compared to what he does normally. 

Posted (edited)
On 12/28/2018 at 6:42 PM, Wiredin said:

oh why Intimidation you ask?

Intimidation is actually pretty good on Tallie; bumping is a reliable way to trigger her ability!

I'm less keen on it on L'ulo, though, as I'd want to be making sure he gets to take full advantage of his bonus attack die...

Edited by DexterOnone

On 12/31/2018 at 5:28 PM, GreenDragoon said:

I’ve got a Poe/Lulo/Tallie list where they both carry prockets. Not sure fat A-Wings are sensible, but when did that ever stop me? 

21 minutes ago, Dreadai said:

I’ve got a Poe/Lulo/Tallie list where they both carry prockets. Not sure fat A-Wings are sensible, but when did that ever stop me? 

A 7pt bid might be better. Or fatten up Poe.

But of course prockets can still be good if you have the points.