matt.sucharski

L'ulo is love. L'ulo is life

I think that like most of the resistance he's a hearty high risk high reward ace. His ability is useless until you get into the scrap but once you do, and if you haven;t *totally* botched it up, he becomes a monster if you leave him alone. I really love this archetype and has made the resistance my favorite faction by far (until the republic): yesterday I was playing a game with Ello, Tallie and Rey against 2 TAP's, Jonus and a Starwing. Rey/Tallie got decked kinda quick by missiles but Elllo then singlehandedly hard carried once he got to the fight. He was useless until then but becasue he got left alone he could outfly and mop up the rest of the ships. Now I just wish I could fit Lulo in there but finding three points is going to be hard. 

I've been loving Lulo but having a hard time with his talent slots. Heroic has generally saved him from 1-2 damage a game which is great for 1 point.

For the other slot I've tried Juke, LW, and Predator but none have really jumped out at me. Crackshot is certainly cheap but Predator seems like it'd push more damage through most games.

this is far from ideal build... but IF you wanted to use Composure....

Composure/Crackshot/Pattern: 3 sloop or 5 K-turn. Boost to attempt range 1. if it fails cus you can't get into R1 then you still get the focus. (This is actually how I build Nein Numb...and it's better on him by a long shot)

I've been underwhelmed with L'Ulo to be honest. Tallie is my new wife tho. 

10 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

this is far from ideal build... but IF you wanted to use Composure....

Composure/Crackshot/Pattern: 3 sloop or 5 K-turn. Boost to attempt range 1. if it fails cus you can't get into R1 then you still get the focus. (This is actually how I build Nein Numb...and it's better on him by a long shot)

I've been underwhelmed with L'Ulo to be honest. Tallie is my new wife tho. 

Edit: Misread the tech!

Edited by Innese
Misread the tech upgrade!

8 hours ago, SOTL said:

Good to hear!  I was worried he got really squishy

Best argument I've heard for him is not to think of him as an A wing but as Sabine. Same number of points for the same stats (3 attack two defense, 4hp), but instead of token stacking you've got great blues and the ability to get an extra evade dice.

Going against him, unless you can get a lot of guns on him in the same turn (which can be tough at i5) then its hard to justify shooting him over another ship knowing if he takes damage he can bug out and save points.

I wasn't in on him initially, but I've seen a lot of utility on the table. 

On 12/16/2018 at 10:00 AM, player3049613 said:

From page 3 of the rules reference: • Actions are either white or red. After a ship performs or fails a red action, it gains one stress token.

or fails was added in the most recent edition ie. September 19th

Indeed. Since it would have allowed you to pull off some shenanigans with Corran initially.

you could have TLed from far away, with the baked in ability, and on the merge you would boost  or barrel roll into Range 1  with it, then try a red TL, failing it because of the baked in ability, getting a Focus from composure.

So essentially it would have permitted you to boost or Barrel and link Focus instead of a TL for the E-Wing.

Not that this would have made Corran playable imho. But they adressed it with unusual zeal...

Edited by ForceM

21 hours ago, Incard said:

If you want the stress in the first engage but don't need to boost, try starting L'ulo with his arc backwards, so you can stress to focus>rotate .

Can you actually rotate a turret to the same zone it was in?

14 minutes ago, ForceM said:

Can you actually rotate a turret to the same zone it was in?

I thought you could, but apparently not. You have to select another arc as per the rules reference. No 360° spins for Lulo!

Well, regardless of composure or not, Lulo is amazing. Easily the MVP is a Lulo/Talli/Poe/Jess list I have been running. Gets a lot of 4-dice R1 shots without taking fire in return. I've been running with crackshot and heroic and nothing else. Burn the crackshot on the first round of shooting then flip the guns back and forth while dodging arcs. Probably 75% of my shots are from the rear arc. Insanely fun and good.

2 hours ago, Rettere said:

Well, regardless of composure or not, Lulo is amazing. Easily the MVP is a Lulo/Talli/Poe/Jess list I have been running. Gets a lot of 4-dice R1 shots without taking fire in return. I've been running with crackshot and heroic and nothing else. Burn the crackshot on the first round of shooting then flip the guns back and forth while dodging arcs. Probably 75% of my shots are from the rear arc. Insanely fun and good.

I have composed an all i5 list with Lulo, Tallie, Nien and Ello. Some points for talents, astromechs or techs come in handy. Will give it a try soon.

1 hour ago, rhetor said:

I have composed an all i5 list with Lulo, Tallie, Nien and Ello. Some points for talents, astromechs or techs come in handy. Will give it a try soon.

Yeah that’s the one i am interested in too. Poe is nice but i prefer having some space for upgrades and a bid. And all I5 is easier to fly too.

Not sure on the exact Upgrades to take however.

Heroic+Trickshot/Crackshot on the A-Wings, and Heroic on the X-Wings. Black one on Ello or nien seems also as a good idea. Then it’s a question if you better have an astromech or Tech upgrade on anyone, or switch one of the talents out for something more expensive, or just bid.

They all seem very solid, but they also all seem like they have no insane synergy with a special upgrade or talent.

Edited by ForceM

I'm going to try out all I5 as well, but I have a feeling I will prefer having my X-wings split low/high on PS. That way one of them can block and the other (Poe) can ace arc dodge.

What do people think about a missile on Lulo? Homing missile or proton rocket would let you threaten shots out of the front or back simultaneously.

I feel like Heroic might be a trap on Lulo. I5 arc-dodgers need a healthy bid, and every point matters. Furthermore, Lulo is very rarely going to be rolling 2 dice if used correctly. Either he's going to be arc-dodging and throwing 3 reds from out of arc, or he gets caught in arc and attacks with Homing missiles instead so he can keep his 3 agility.

I feel like Crackshot is going to be the 1 point talent of choice for him in addition to Homing missiles.