Pewpewpew BOOM

Replacement dials & cards (outside of the Conversion Kit)

Perhaps it is a false memory...but I recall something about FFG allowing players to pick up the cards and dials of ships as they release w/o having to buy a new ship.  Strikers will be out soon.  I own 5 and have 1 Empire conversion kit, so I am hoping to score 2 more. 

I know that I can eBay dials. I’ve picked up Punisher and TIE Phantom conversions there for a good price, but others like SVs or TIE Interceptors are a bit on the pricey side. 

5 hours ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

Perhaps it is a false memory...but I recall something about FFG allowing players to pick up the cards and dials of ships as they release w/o having to buy a new ship.  Strikers will be out soon.  I own 5 and have 1 Empire conversion kit, so I am hoping to score 2 more. 

I know that I can eBay dials. I’ve picked up Punisher and TIE Phantom conversions there for a good price, but others like SVs or TIE Interceptors are a bit on the pricey side. 

Its not false memory, its false advertising.  FFG said they would release card packs for each wave.  They have not and have lied to us yet again.

8 hours ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

From what I remember they said if new content came out in future expansion packs, that wasn’t in the conversions like more pilots or upgrades, then they would release a card pack to get those without having to buy new models. So, I wouldnt expect more dials with those, or a pack like that at all for the striker/Z-95 since neither pack appears to have new content

3 hours ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Its not false memory, its false advertising.  FFG said they would release card packs for each wave.  They have not and have lied to us yet again.

No they said there would be a way to get cards for old ships when they are re-relesed without buying the ship.

As of now that holds true. Even the announced z-95 and tie Striker have no new content not found in the conversion kits so you don't have to buy those ships if you allready have them to get there content.

Maybe you should not lie.

11 hours ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Would you please cite your source?  Preferably a link to an article or video where this claim was made?

55 minutes ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Lets see the cards that prove this lie.  Hate, 0-0-0, all the new tech cards, etc etc etc.

So, your "proof" is a video where he immediately qualifies his statement with, "I don't think so; because the current plan is 'no'."

Also, Hate and 0-0-0 aren't in any ship pack yet, so there's still plenty of time to see if they release for everyone who can use them.

Of the tech cards, it's important to remember that First Order and Resistance are currently the only factions with released ships that can use Tech.  With that in mind, Advanced Optics, Primed Thrusters, and Pattern Analyzer are available in both their conversion kits; Biohexacrypt Codes and Hyperspace Tracking Data are FO only; Ferrosphere Paint is Resistance only; and Targeting Synchronizer is in both kits and available to both factions through ship purchases.  Of those, Advanced Optics and Primed Thrusters come closest to being unbalanced, because each one requires one faction to buy a Conversion Kit for access.  However, it's still early enough in the game's life that personally, I'm willing to wait and see if they get distributed in the next wave or so.

So, what else ya got?

1 hour ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Also, maybe the video's just not scrolled to the right place, but I didn't hear any mention of card packs, which is what you accused them of lying about, specifically (in this thread, at least).

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

So, your "proof" is a video where he immediately qualifies his statement with, "I don't think so; because the current plan is 'no'."

Also, Hate and 0-0-0 aren't in any ship pack yet, so there's still plenty of time to see if they release for everyone who can use them.

You are ignoring the context of the video and the QUESTION.  You are wrong in pretty much everything you wrote and let me prove that.  

The most important question, do I have to buy all of the faction ships that I need on my faction ships?

Response

You do not, End of story

So I have proved you wrong there. Wave 2, Imperials did not get any ships with Hate.  So if I want Hate as an Imperial Player RIGHT NOW, I have to buy outside of my faction.  Its false advertising.  There is ZERO information if and when hate will be included in an imperial ship.  Why are you sloppily defending FFG here when they clearly are lying?

Of the tech cards, it's important to remember that First Order and Resistance are currently the only factions with released ships that can use Tech.  With that in mind, Advanced Optics, Primed Thrusters, and Pattern Analyzer are available in both their conversion kits; Biohexacrypt Codes and Hyperspace Tracking Data are FO only; Ferrosphere Paint is Resistance only; and Targeting Synchronizer is in both kits and available to both factions through ship purchases.  Of those, Advanced Optics and Primed Thrusters come closest to being unbalanced, because each one requires one faction to buy a Conversion Kit for access.  However, it's still early enough in the game's life that personally, I'm willing to wait and see if they get distributed in the next wave or so.

So, what else ya got?

Why are you lying right here?  Do you not know that Quad Jumpers have a Tech slot?  Are you intentially lying or are just as sloppy with words as FFG?

https://imgur.com/a/UFJ6Krn

1 minute ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

So I have proved you wrong there. Wave 2, Imperials did not get any ships with Hate.  So if I want Hate as an Imperial Player RIGHT NOW, I have to buy outside of my faction.  Its false advertising.  There is ZERO information if and when hate will be included in an imperial ship.  Why are you sloppily defending FFG here when they clearly are lying?

Again, you ignore the fact that he immediately qualifies his statement.  You also ignore the fact that Hate hasn't yet been released in any ship pack.  Even if we dismiss his qualifier, the most absolute statement was that you wouldn't need to buy any out-of-faction ships.  Name one ship, in or out of faction which even includes Hate.

8 minutes ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Why are you lying right here?  Do you not know that Quad Jumpers have a Tech slot?  Are you intentially lying or are just as sloppy with words as FFG?

Quadjumpers haven't been released yet.  If you disagree, kindly tell me what the SKU is for them.

It's sounding less and less like FFG is lying, and more like you're simply not understanding their statements.

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

Again, you ignore the fact that he immediately qualifies his statement.  You also ignore the fact that Hate hasn't yet been released in any ship pack.  Even if we dismiss his qualifier, the most absolute statement was that you wouldn't need to buy any out-of-faction ships.  Name one ship, in or out of faction which even includes Hate.

Quadjumpers haven't been released yet.  If you disagree, kindly tell me what the SKU is for them.

It's sounding less and less like FFG is lying, and more like you're simply not understanding their statements.

Its sounds like you are defending FFG trying to word-smith your way out of what is really happening.  FFG stated that players could remain single faction.  That is clearly the message they have repeated in several places including this very video.  Right now, an Empire player wanting hate has to buy out of his/her faction.  A scum player who wants the wave 2 tech cards, has to buy out of their faction.

The scum conversion kit includes the Quad Jumper.  Quad Jumpers are legal in extended tournament play.  Why are you defending this obvious lie?

17 hours ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Its sounds like you are defending FFG trying to word-smith your way out of what is really happening.  FFG stated that players could remain single faction.  That is clearly the message they have repeated in several places including this very video.  Right now, an Empire player wanting hate has to buy out of his/her faction.  A scum player who wants the wave 2 tech cards, has to buy out of their faction.

The scum conversion kit includes the Quad Jumper.  Quad Jumpers are legal in extended tournament play.  Why are you defending this obvious lie?

Repeatedly calling your misunderstanding a lie on FFG's part doesn't make it a lie.  Quadjumpers have not been rereleased yet.  Hate has not been fully released.  We have absolutely no reason to believe that the conversion kits are even likely to be permanent products.  If you view them, as I have done since they were announced, and as I suspect (though I don't know) the developers may have intended them, as previews of what's to come, these "issues" go away altogether.  Why are you so intent on hating FFG that you have to twist every little thing they say or do to try to find something that you can call a conflict, if you squint hard enough at it?

Edited by JJ48

12 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Repeatedly calling your misunderstanding a lie on FFG's part doesn't make it a lie.  Quadjumpers have not been rereleased yet.  Hate has not been fully released.  We have absolutely no reason to believe that the conversion kits are even likely to be permanent products.  If you view them, as I have done since they were announced, and as I suspect (though I don't know) the developers may have intended them, as previews of what's to come, these "issues" go away altogether.  Why are you so intent on hating FFG that you have to make twist every little thing they say or do to try to find something that you can call a conflict, if you squint hard enough at it?

I really cannot believe you are claiming all of the ships released in the conversion kits are not released yet.  That is obviously delusional.  Quad Jumpers have been released and are LEGAL in extended tournaments.  Hate has been released and is LEGAL in extended tournaments hosted and sponsored by FFG.  I guess we can just stop communicating because you clearly are unable to acknowledge FFG has lied about being single faction.  The evidence is crystal clear with the conversion kits and wave 2.

2 hours ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Lets see the cards that prove this lie.  Hate, 0-0-0, all the new tech cards, etc etc etc.

I see less of them lying and more you lacking patience and just wanting everything now. The conversation in that section between the two surrounded having to buy out of faction to get "needed" upgrades and the answer was a no + a little wiggle room. Since you have so much hate towards FFG that you're drawn to libeling them at every opportunity you may be better off finding another game to play. Just a suggestion.