Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Theia

Women in the Game, a Poll of Sorts

alright someone get the hose,bunch of people here need to cool their jets. and then consider eachothers standpoint, reconsider their own. and then calmly write down their criticisms.

don't start attacking eachother, you're better than that.

Edited by Geressen

10 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

So how long is it gonna be till this thread gets locked? My guess is the end of the day

Sooner the better. The thread started out posing some interesting questions, but it's not just jumped the shark...it's nuked the fridge too!

23 minutes ago, ExplosiveTooka said:

What you are condoning is an environment where women dont feel welcome. And that was an extreme example but also relevant. 

There are some places men aren't welcome, Curves for example, and some places women aren't welcome... I can't think of any of the top of my head except small groups that for for the reasons I explained and the ones I never condoned, Armada isn't either of those. Why you think the Armada community doesn't welcome women? I'm honestly curious as to why you feel this way considering your own self proclaimed positive experiences.

Edited by Teh HOBO

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, Stasy said:

I get the hesitation factor. Game shops are filled with some odd ducks sometimes. Even as a guy I get awkward feelings from some patrons. Nevermind what other factors women face.

You are being *incredibly* polite here.

On 12/15/2018 at 8:44 PM, Geressen said:

plugtypes_around_the_world.jpg

With the power grids in Europe becoming more and more intertwined it is better if all of Europe used the same plugs, I don't care that brits say "It's got a breaker INSIDE of it" that is what the **** switchboard breaker box inside your house is for! and don't get me started on the swiss, they are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor, take them away.

What do you mean you dont care that the Brits give a **** about safety? The third plug is there for a reason, to protect the user. Dont assume that all homes in the uk have breakers in the switchboard. They dont. Mine sure doesnt and I can tell you electricity really really hurts. 

I am all in favour of adopting a single plug type, so lets adopt the American three pin. 

1 minute ago, Ginkapo said:

What do you mean you dont care that the Brits give a **** about safety? The third plug is there for a reason, to protect the user. Dont assume that all homes in the uk have breakers in the switchboard. They dont. Mine sure doesnt and I can tell you electricity really really hurts. 

I am all in favour of adopting a single plug type, so lets adopt the American three pin. 

As an electrician i second that. Make the 3 pin great again.

1 minute ago, PodRacer said:

Lets not get off topic here, as a father of two young daughters who may or may not be interested in tabletop gaming in the future this is as educational as it it is painful to watch.

I guess my question would be, How much MMA training will my daughters need before they get in the hobby?? 

Not much, the average nerd has the arm strength of a pool noodle.

2 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

Lets not get off topic here, as a father of two young daughters who may or may not be interested in tabletop gaming in the future this is as educational as it it is painful to watch.

I guess my question would be, How much MMA training will my daughters need before they get in the hobby?? 

None? These are socially awkward nerds.

Edited by Teh HOBO
Ninja'd

Just now, thepopemobile100 said:

Not much, the average nerd has the arm strength of a pool noodle.

Its generalisations like this which cause such angst in society. 

Just imagine a world without countries. 

3 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

None. Because once again there is no imaginary mob of mysoginstic men looking get their dirty paws on them. And no one including this man allow actual physical violence against another player (especially a woman) to happen.

Unless you plan on playing in Saudia Arabia or Iran, then I would be worried.

Just now, LordTesla said:

None. Because once again there is no imaginary mob of mysoginstic men looking get their dirty paws on them. And no one including this man allow actual physical violence against another player (especially a woman) to happen.

Unless you plan on playing in Saudia Arabia or Iran, then I would be worried.

Well I have first hand evidence to dispute this.

37 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

The third plug is there for a reason, to protect the user. 

Im not talking bout the ground,2 of the light green and the green have a ground too.

im talking bout the fuse which is useless becuse there should already be  fuse box in your house and if your house doesn't it is unsafe, get it fixed.

main-qimg-b2dc4e78c1b6d8c990e7469f6df197

Edited by Geressen

Can we just agree on some things?

1.  The point of this thread is not to attack men.  Nobody’s trying to do that.

2.  Sexual harassment should be treated with the disgust (or more serious consequences) it deserves, regardless of the gender of the accuser.  Men do it much more.

3.  It seems ridiculous to say this doesn’t happen in Armada, because we’re spread in little groups across the world.  The best one could possibly say is “this doesn’t happen in my group.”

4.  Armada groups do not explicitly exist to be an all-male thing.  At least, that sure wasn’t the understanding I had when joining this game.

Right?

12 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Its generalisations like this which cause such angst in society. 

Just imagine a world without countries. 

I don't disagree with that. In my experience with TCGs, pen and paper RPGs, and mini games I have yet to meet someone who would constitute as having above average muscle strength in person.

Guys. We live in a world of 7.7 billion people. Each person forms their views and opinions from their experience and individual perspective.

Instead of flinging broad statements and accusing others of lying or being wrong, can we acknowledge that others have different experiences and perspectives which is what makes humanity so special.

2 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Can we just agree on some things?

1.  The point of this thread is not to attack men.  Nobody’s trying to do that.

2.  Sexual harassment should be treated with the disgust (or more serious consequences) it deserves, regardless of the gender of the accuser.  Men do it much more.

3.  It seems ridiculous to say this doesn’t happen in Armada, because we’re spread in little groups across the world.  The best one could possibly say is “this doesn’t happen in my group.”

4.  Armada groups do not explicitly exist to be an all-male thing.  At least, that sure wasn’t the understanding I had when joining this game.

Right?

Points 2-4 i can agree with you on.

I would say that this thread didnt start off attacking men but quickly declined into doing so all on its own before me and others started commenting.

8 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I don't disagree with that. In my experience with TCGs, pen and paper RPGs, and mini games I have yet to meet someone who would constitute as having above average muscle strength in person.

Agreed.  But based on forum participation, there seems to be a larger percentage of military/ex-military that play Armada as opposed to those other games, which requires you to be in better than average physical condition.

Edit:  I won't say "requires you to be in top physical condition."  Obviously Adama is missing that mark.

Edited by Admiral Calkins