JJH_BATMAN

Is the Mining Guild TIE worth it?

34 minutes ago, JJH_BATMAN said:

Is it better in swarms or as a filler or ace?

Extended: Works for Filler or Swarm. Yushyn is great to fly along side ordinance boats with reload (Kimogila and Y-Wing). Ahhav is a good filler threat option if your opponents like running medium or large bases. Proach helps to set up an enemy for a hammer blow, if you can get him to shoot before the rest of your squad (Swarm Tactics on an I5 or 6 can help this, though it is up to you if you want to invest the points). Seevor's ability is full range (0-3) as long as he's not in the attacker's (when defending) or his target's bullseye arc and is not dependent on being hit or hitting the target so can work nice to token strip (Swarm Tactics from a higher init, or chained starting from one, could also help get an attack from him off sooner enabling the token strip earlier). Swarm wise both of the generics are reasonably good when running with Drea. Crack or Juke on the Surveyor's will hit hard though running the Sentry's works to.

Hyperspace: If you have Andraste Yushyn helps, otherwise don't bother with them (right now RAW Yushyn + Proach is non-functional). The other 3 limited pilots still fit well. If wanting to run a swarm remember that unlike Howl and Iden swarms they are not formation locked so something like this could bring dividends if flying loose is your style:

Foreman Proach (32)
Outmaneuver (6)

Captain Seevor (28)
Outmaneuver (6)

Ahhav (30)
Elusive (3)

Mining Guild Surveyor (25)
Outmaneuver (6)

Outmaneuver (6)

Outmaneuver (6)

Total: 198

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Or a straight up Sentry Swarm:

Mining Guild Sentry (24)

Mining Guild Sentry (24)

Mining Guild Sentry (24)

Mining Guild Sentry (24)

Mining Guild Sentry (24)

Mining Guild Sentry (24)

Mining Guild Sentry (24)

Mining Guild Sentry (24)

Total: 192

In short, if you like swarming get 6-7. If you just want to use as filler you can get away with 1-3. If you're nuts like me:

Bounty Hunter (66)
Qi’ra (2)

Shield Upgrade (8)

Shield Upgrade (8)

Shield Upgrade (8)

Shield Upgrade (8)

Total: 200

Just remember, if you're flying them bring asteroids. They don't ignore debris and won't ignore what ever the new obstacle that is coming out with the Seps/Repubs. :) Happy flying.

I think they will be awesome filler ships for scum squadrons, both in generic form and even some of the named pilots. If you’re expecting a lot of medium and large base in your area, that pilot who just gets +1 attack on bigger ships is worth it.

Point for point, they are better than scum z95s in every way except lack of a missile slot and crit mitigation (no shields). Just my opinion.

I am Scum-centric, but was not planning on picking one up.  Just because I already have so much stuff.

Then I played against Ahhav and Seevor in back to back games.  They are so cheap, and so annoying, and such good value for points.  Yeah, $20 is a little spendy, but I think I have to get one anyway.  Maybe two.

49 minutes ago, william1134 said:

They are good... too good.  Just 1 point more than a rubbish tie ln doesn't seem right to me so they may go up a little bit in points.

That "rubbish" TIE still has a better dial. Sentry vs Academy that 1 point extra for the Sentry is about right. Don't like em? Bring Debris Clouds...

Captain PB & Jam seems ridiculous

With him, you can leave Palob at home and bring out Moldy Mux, who has the added benefit of making the enemy I 0 so captain PB&J can jam them before they fire regardless of initiative

Remember, his ability is NOT bullseye only, you just don't want to be in the enemy's bullseye, making it FAR superior than it would otherwise have been 

New Mux

(36) Torkil Mux
(12) Moldy Crow
(3) 0-0-0
Points 51

(44) Cartel Executioner
(4) R5-P8
Points 48

(68) Fenn Rau
(3) Fearless
Points 71

(28) Captain Seevor
Points 28

Total points: 198

Rau is the only weird point for me, can always turn into quad + something

Edited by ficklegreendice

21 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Captain PB & Jam seems ridiculous

With him, you can leave Palob at home and bring out Moldy Mux, who has the added benefit of making the enemy I 0 so captain PB&J can jam them before they fire regardless of initiative

Remember, his ability is NOT bullseye only, you just don't want to be in the enemy's bullseye, making it FAR superior than it would otherwise have been 

New Mux

(36) Torkil Mux
(12) Moldy Crow
(3) 0-0-0
Points 51

(44) Cartel Executioner
(4) R5-P8
Points 48

(68) Fenn Rau
(3) Fearless
Points 71

(28) Captain Seevor
Points 28

Total points: 198

Rau is the only weird point for me, can always turn into quad + something

😀

Torkil Mux (36)
0-0-0 (3)
Moldy Crow (12)

Cartel Executioner (44)
R5-P8 (4)

Captain Seevor (28)
Outmaneuver (6)

Foreman Proach (32)
Squad Leader (4)

Ahhav (30)
Trick Shot (1)

Total: 200

Just an idea.. :)

If you dont wanna drop $20 for them, just get the dirt cheap imperial ones from folks who have multiples of the older sets (or ebay them yourself for the whole starter set with 2 for $15 shipped) and paint them to match what you want yours to look like. Then usethe dials from your conversion kit.

Edited by EVIL INC

34 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

If you dont wanna drop $20 for them, just get the dirt cheap imperial ones from folks who have multiples of the older sets (or ebay them yourself for the whole starter set with 2 for $15 shipped) and paint them to match what you want yours to look like. Then usethe dials from your conversion kit.

What dials from conversion kit? The Mining Guild Tie is a new release, not covered in the kit.

4 minutes ago, costi said:

What dials from conversion kit? The Mining Guild Tie is a new release, not covered in the kit.

Indeed. You can't even repaint the top sides of the dials - since the Mining Guild Tie's dial's maneuvers available are different.

1 minute ago, InterceptorMad said:

AND you'd need the base chits and pilot cards.

I could see, in extremely casual games, someone buying one or two Mining Guild TIEs and photocopying cards to cover the rest of their Mining Guild TIE fleet.

1 minute ago, Ironlord said:

I could see, in extremely casual games, someone buying one or two Mining Guild TIEs and photocopying cards to cover the rest of their Mining Guild TIE fleet.

VERY casual yeah lol Cards are fine, I play people who just print lists. But having a crappy paper base chit? Nooope.

2 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

VERY casual yeah lol Cards are fine, I play people who just print lists. But having a crappy paper base chit? Nooope.

Taking apart their old dials, photocopying a Mining Guild TIE dial on thin paper, gluing it to the old dial and putting the dial back together, could work.