Wiredin

dial tokens - ooops

during the 1.0 purge I tossed everything aside from the ships and dial covers. I don't know why I assumed FFG would give us dial tokens... but alas they did not.

Super sad I'm missing many dial tokens for so many ships from the Starfortress Bomber, Silencer, Gunboats, Sheathpeide...the list goes on.

Anyone else make the same silly mistake? I don't want to leave the holes open. Anyone seen or come up with solutions?

Nope. I saved all my 1.0 stuff.

My first idea is to find some replacement images on the internet, resize them in paint.net, print them out and glue them to thin cardboard with a glue stick.

Or just write the name of the ship on a sticky note and stick it to the dial... :D

Ask around in your play group. Some folks aren't planning to get certain factions this time around, yet bought into them in 1.0.

I still have my 1st ed. cards, dials, etc. even though I know I'll realistically never get to use them again, but if someone were to ask, I'd likely just give them the 1.0 parts they needed. I doubt I'm the only one who would.

It wouldn't hurt to ask.

You might get more responses if you're asking in your local group's Facebook. And if you're not already part of a group, join up! We make each other better by helping one another.

9 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

There is a small chance when the Resistance and First Order dials come out they MIGHT have them.

I still have all my stuff, most of it is in gallon sized zip loc bags.

Sadly, probably not. I bought a new rebel dial kit and it contained zero ship markers. Not even the ones that used to come in the dial kits.

19 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

Anyone else make the same silly mistake? I don't want to leave the holes open. Anyone seen or come up with solutions?

You're talking about those ship silhouettes that get inserted into the plastic dial covers? I've pretty much kept all that stuff in a baggy and never used them... obsessive that way. I can see if I can find them in the shoebox and set you up. I don't use those fancy plastic dials anyway.

@Wiredin, I might have a tip...

There is this little-known group called the, "Dial mofia".

They generally lurk in the shadows, haunting poor newbies and bullying them out of their ship tokens.

Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can catch one dumpster-diving and collecting all manner of lost and forgotten 1st edition content. 

You may be offended by their methods, but I assure you that they do have the tokens you're looking for...

The Dial Mafia are difficult to contact, but you might find one or two willing to make a deal if you wait long enough on the Armada forums. 

It's not much, but there ya go.

Best of luck.

2 minutes ago, generalchaos34 said:

I think you get them in the conversion kit. I got a ton in the regular conversion kits. 

You get tokens for every ship released before they started printing the dial kits. So tie fighters, x wings, etc., but you won't find any tie adv. prototypes or sheathipedes, not to mention basically all resistance/fo content

5 minutes ago, generalchaos34 said:

I think you get them in the conversion kit. I got a ton in the regular conversion kits. 

only certain ones are in the kits. the ones for the ships that didn't originally come with them.

NINJA'D!!

Edited by PanchoX1

Yeah, I never bought the dial upgrades when they first released, so didn’t bother keeping all the silhouettes from new ships.  Then my FLGS had a clearance sale when 2.0 was announced and I picked some up on the cheap, combined with all new dials in 2.0 it seemed to make sense.  Now I wish I had kept those few tokens I’m missing.

Edited by Phelan Boots

We loved our dial covers in 1.0, painting them for fun means we have a pile of them. However, the 2.0 dials are facing the proper way, which makes it easier to just fly a new random list, so I doubt we'll use them. More money for me? 

I made the same mistake with my dial covers, but I didn't throw away all the 1.0 stuff (just shoved it in a box in my garage) so I was able to find most of the right tokens... lots of helpful suggestions here though, and I don't think the cardboard inserts are an "essential component" or whatever so you should be fine just printing off your own versions of those tokens and gluing them to some cardboard. Alternately, put base marker number tokens in the dials that correspond with the ships instead - I've seen some people do that and I think it looks pretty cool. 

On 12/14/2018 at 11:54 PM, Quack Shot said:

Print out little LEGO figures of your favorite pilots, cut up in squares, put in the token spot, put a different token behind it, insert dial, and boom you have a better and cooler set up than your opponent!

K thats cool. 

Apparently this is "illegal" but  I really doubt you'd get called for it.  But one thing I've seen others do, and have considered doing myself is just taking the ID number of the ship and cutting it down to fit in that spot.  That way you have a "1" on the dial, "1" on your ship, and a third "1" on your card.  That is one way to keep dials straight.  I run a lot of generic same ship lists and this would actually be handy if they are clumped together.  Sometimes dials get moved around when you are sliding ships out of the way and marking them.

Edited by viedit

4 minutes ago, viedit said:

Apparently this is "illegal" but  I really doubt you'd get called for it.  But one thing I've seen others do, and have considered doing myself is just taking the ID number of the ship and cutting it down to fit in that spot.  That way you have a "1" on the dial, "1" on your ship, and a third "1" on your card.  That is one way to keep dials straight.  I run a lot of generic same ship lists and this would actually be handy if they are clumped together.  Sometimes dials get moved around when you are sliding ships out of the way and marking them.

thats really smart. I like that.

3 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Yeeeaahhh... Wasn't very happy about that...

Or the coMPLETE LACK OF BOMB TOKENS WHAT THE ****.

It’s converting your collection, should have the bombs already and the other ships came with ID tokens in their 1.0 packaging.