Crabbok

"Possible reasons for no SSD article" the thread

Possible Reasons why we are STILL have no Armada articles:

FFG has decided to take the SSD back to the drawing board in favor of making it in proper scale with the CR-90 - new price will be $999.99?

or 

They are busy adding Dragons to the game, and have been waiting on an AMAZING article which will also cover how Dragons work?

You guys got any good ones?

9 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

*Ogres with Nunchucks have taken over FFG HeadQuarters and have decided that until someone opens a KeyForge deck with 4 Murmooks, no Armada articles are allowed.  

Mermando?

10 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

*Ogres with Nunchucks have taken over FFG HeadQuarters and have decided that until someone opens a KeyForge deck with 4 Crabooks, no Armada articles are allowed.  

FTFY. (I can't just let it go, I keep finding it funny)

Someone accidentally dropped one of those huge minis on the person who writes the articles so we won't get one until they are conscious again

Edited by Audio Weasel

Compare with the timing from last year; they did a couple of articles about designing specific cards before Christmas, but then kept the expansion articles until after the New Year. Probably wanting to keep things neatly lined up; they've just finished pushing X-Wing 2.2, they're probably working on some other stuff that will release before the SSD, and there's probably the usual mix of Christmas lunches/parties, people taking time off and so on that any business gets this time of year.

Plus there's no real pressure on them to release the article - we're not going anywhere.

I'm guessing for 4-5 January, or maybe 10-11. It's a Q1 2019 release, so expect articles not before Q1 2019?

Why does FFG suck at communication?  It’s so easy to do, it really is. 

For instance I will give the Battlefront II dev team a lot of credit.

They’re trying to turn things around to revive their game and a huge aspect of that  has been how transparent they are. The Devs constantly answer questions and put out road maps of what’s on the pipe for the coming months. When something gets pushed back it’s made public quickly. They tease things and such.

As a result the BF2 community has remained fairly sturdy despite large gaps in time between releases.

FFG just feels like this cold, impenetrable wall that occasionally...rarely throws over an article about a plastic model of a ship. 

We need someone whoon a weekly basis, if not at the very least a monthly basis, let’s us know there are people working on Armada and the game is alive. A community transmission. 

As it stands, months between articles is shameful for a company of repute like this one. I rarely feel fans are entitled much but at this point Its disrespectful to the fans of the game. 

At this point Wave 8, if it exists, should officially be confirmed. We don’t need to see ships or anything else. We just need to know future expansions are planned and being worked on seperate from the SSD.

Edited by Forresto

-"The Emperor is disappointed at your lack of progress" choking epidemic in the playtesting group?

-Bothan spies interference on the production line under review?

- final test group too busy going PewPew with free armada SSD to validate "Go" review?

I seriously think they dropped that pamphlet for a very good reason. For the ones like @Crabbok would make the job for them.

Just think about it. They most likely don't have a guy only to write articles, so writing anything takes time away from other tasks. And writing an interesting article is HARD, especially if you're not so involved in the game as most of the community here is. So they toss out the pamphlet with all the relevant information needed for an article and they let the community work on that. Effective, cheap and a nasty move, but in the industry nobody cares.

And with the pamphlet out there is only one thing remained to be revealed: the new rules coking with the SSD. And those can wait until the release article.

So unless there is something called wave 8 on the horizon, I doubt we'll get any article up until the release of the SSD. The pamphlet was the article.

Edited by Norell
Sorry for hijaking the jolly manner of the thread, I just had an epiphany and thougt about sharing it

For whenever you get worked up over FFG's failed attempts at communicating with the player base, or managing (fail!) some sort or release schedule:

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Smart Answer- The dog ate my homework. 

Sad Truth*- Right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing. 

*-applicable to nearly any sprawling company where the same people are not involved soup to nuts with product development, marketing, and sales/support.

8 hours ago, Norell said:

I seriously think they dropped that pamphlet for a very good reason. For the ones like @Crabbok would make the job for them.

Just think about it. They most likely don't have a guy only to write articles, so writing anything takes time away from other tasks. And writing an interesting article is HARD, especially if you're not so involved in the game as most of the community here is. So they toss out the pamphlet with all the relevant information needed for an article and they let the community work on that. Effective, cheap and a nasty move, but in the industry nobody cares.

And with the pamphlet out there is only one thing remained to be revealed: the new rules coking with the SSD. And those can wait until the release article.

So unless there is something called wave 8 on the horizon, I doubt we'll get any article up until the release of the SSD. The pamphlet was the article.

I get your reasoning here, but if I’m understanding the situation correctly, they asked him to take his videos down. Which contradicts the entire thought process.

The whole thing make no sense whatsoever. 

The real reason is that they are finishing the final touches on the Sun Crusher, which is the size of a GR-75, but destroyed any ship it rams. You know...so the rebels get something.🤪

Edited by mcworrell

15 minutes ago, mcworrell said:

I get your reasoning here, but if I’m understanding the situation correctly, they asked him to take his videos down. Which contradicts the entire thought process.

The whole thing make no sense whatsoever. 

The real reason is that they are finishing the final touches on the Sun Crusher, which is the size of a GR-75, but destroyed any ship it rams. You know...so the rebels get something.🤪

Sun Crusher 😀👑👌👍

4 hours ago, mcworrell said:

The real reason is that they are finishing the final touches on the Sun Crusher, which is the size of a GR-75, but destroyed any ship it rams.

Nah, it's a single unit squadron. 3 blue anti-squadron, no battery armament, 12 hull, speed 4, two scatter tokens.

Give it Grit? And then two abilities (one ship, one for the unique version?):

1. Resonance Torpedo. During any round [insert Hyperspace retreat rules, except ships aren't treated as destroyed]. At the end of the status phase you may roll 3 blue dice. If you roll a [crit icon] any ships within the Play Area are immediately destroyed. At the start of each round other than the first each player may deploy one ship that [Hyperspace retreated] in their Deployment Zone.
  2. Quantum-crystalline armor. When you end your movement touching a ship or are overlapped by a ship you may suffer 1 damage to deal one faceup damage card to that ship. While attacking an enemy squadron with a lower speed than you you may cancel all dice. If so the squadron suffers 2 damage.

How does that sound?