Sign in to follow this  
Hiemfire

Resistance points PDF updated yesterday

Scavenged YT-1300 has a missile slot now is the big change I spotted.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/e3/7f/e37f76a6-63da-4070-ae47-2c4eb1ece1a6/onlinepoints_resistance.pdf

@raithos and @Wazat & crew just incase you didn't catch the update. :) 

Edited by Hiemfire

1 hour ago, Dwing said:

I have used proton rockets a couple of times on Scum Lando with Han crew. Turrets to the side. I have managed to get them off every single game so far. 

That does not work? Prokets require a bullseye arc and turret ships do not have that.

EDIT: Congrats, I played myself. I suddenly realize how that works.

Edited by AgentoftheEmpire

8 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

If there was a 4 die range 2-3 missile I would definitely use one on Han Yolo

Homing Missile, but yeah the missile attacks suck, of course I am going to take 1 shield token off to stop a 4 attack that you can reroll.

Edited by Marinealver

39 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

Homing Missile, but yeah the missile attacks suck, of course I am going to take 1 shield token off to stop a 4 attack that you can reroll.

Exactly, that isn't a 4 die attack. It's 1 auto or 4 maybe but your opponent gets to pick - not right for this build.

See what wave 3 brings for the missile slot with the clone ships

7 hours ago, InterceptorMad said:

Can you enlighten, as I'm honestly drawing a blank as to how lol

Weapons that specify a certain arc (front arc, bullseye arc, etc) don't pay any regard to what arc your turret is currently pointed.

12 hours ago, NerroSama said:

The trick is that... All ship have a bullseye arc.

10 hours ago, svelok said:

Weapons that specify a certain arc (front arc, bullseye arc, etc) don't pay any regard to what arc your turret is currently pointed.

Ah see, here I was under the impression that a ship needed to have something shaded (or it have a turret indicator pointed at it) to use.

Wasn't there a thing on the RZ-2 Quickbuild cards that just literally didn't work at all because they have no shaded arcs?

19 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

Ah see, here I was under the impression that a ship needed to have something shaded (or it have a turret indicator pointed at it) to use.

Wasn't there a thing on the RZ-2 Quickbuild cards that just literally didn't work at all because they have no shaded arcs? 

Yes, but that's because the devs decided it was a good idea to have "a \/ attack" and "an attack with turret arc set to \/" be different things. :P

Depends on the weapon. Missiles always fire forward - guns can fire in various directions depending on the ship. Makes sense for a ship to be firing its missiles forward, but its guns backward.

4 minutes ago, Elavion said:

Yes, but that's because the devs decided it was a good idea to have "a \/ attack" and "an attack with turret arc set to \/" be different things. :P

Hey, if you want me to be able to take Fearless on Dengar, I'm in.

29 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

The only ship for which that's true is the TIE /sf, because of their ship ability. Everybody else can point guns to the sides and missile forwards.

And the TIE/SF has two gun weapons, not one - a front arc weapon and a turret weapon.

So it can fire its guns forward and its missiles backwards.

However, because Proton Rockets are specifically bullseye arc, and the Heavy Weapon Turret rule for a TIE/sf specifies that forward arc missiles be fired backward if the turret's pointing backward, by RAW, proton rockets always fire forward no matter what direction the turret is pointing.

Edited by Ironlord

1 hour ago, svelok said:

Hey, if you want me to be able to take Fearless on Dengar, I'm in.

Yeah, the jumpmaster is so overpowered righ now :P

And point adjustments are a thing. There's literally nothing stopping them from making Fearless more expensive on turreted ships or even just Dengar specifically if they want to (though I fail to see why it would be problematic, it still wouldn't work outside the front).

Edited by Elavion

On 12/14/2018 at 1:25 PM, Hiemfire said:

Scavenged YT-1300 has a missile slot now is the big change I spotted.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/e3/7f/e37f76a6-63da-4070-ae47-2c4eb1ece1a6/onlinepoints_resistance.pdf

@raithos and @Wazat & crew just incase you didn't catch the update. :) 

This is now updated. If you had an old list and you want to update it to having missiles, you will need to re-add crew slots. Old lists will overwrite the missile slot with a crew upgrade since we put ordinance at the top.