Sign in to follow this  
Barkest

Quickdraw bonus primary

latest?cb=20181204185530

I'm really struggling to understand Quickdraw's ability. Does it mean:

1. Every round that I'm not at 3 shields, I get to flip the charge token once and perform a bonus primary attack?
2. When a shield is lost in an attack, I can flip the charge token and then perform a bonus primary attack? (but only once total in that round)

Any clarity would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

1. Every round that I'm not at 3 shields, I get to flip the charge token once and perform a bonus primary attack?
2. When a shield is lost in an attack, I can flip the charge token and then perform a bonus primary attack? (but only once total in that round)

1) No, only right after you lose a shield. Once they are all gone, the ability is moot. But. take note, this does not have to be during an attack.. just when you lose a shield. So it can trigger anytime when you remove a shield token. 

2) Correct, you can only perform ONE bonus attack a round. 

10 hours ago, WhisperEcho said:

and remember it is a primary attack, so if your indicator is pointing aft, you can shot both directions

This is incorrect. By rule, ships are limited to a maximum of one bonus attack per round. When using Quickdraw's ability, if the indicator is pointing aft, she can shoot in either direction, but not both. (Quickdraw's charge is somewhat redundant in this regard.)

This also means that if Quickdraw uses Special Forces Gunner (or Cluster Missiles, or anything else) to perform a bonus attack during her activation, she will not be able to use her ability that round.

Posted (edited)
On 12/24/2018 at 8:48 AM, Maui. said:

This is incorrect. By rule, ships are limited to a maximum of one bonus attack per round. When using Quickdraw's ability, if the indicator is pointing aft, she can shoot in either direction, but not both. (Quickdraw's charge is somewhat redundant in this regard.)

Totally agree that it's a max of one bonus attack per round.  If she performs her normal attack out the front, why couldn't she perform her bonus attack out the rear turret if it is the only bonus attack she is using this round?

Edited by Yank01

11 minutes ago, Yank01 said:

Totally agree that it's a max of one bonus attack per round.  If she performs her normal attack out the front, why couldn't she perform her bonus attack out the rear turret if it is the only bonus attack she is using?

I think I may have misunderstood what WhisperEcho was saying when I responded to this... eight months ago 😛... but I was saying that QD can perform her bonus attack out the front or out the rear, but not both, because she is limited to only one bonus attack.

Awesome!  Thank you.  I know it was an old thread, but I had a Quickdraw question (which this thread answered nicely) and came across your post.  Having not flown her before, I didn't want to mess it up.