Cubanboy

Happy Friday - Just played First Order !

Tavson is AMAZING.

Played him loaded up and naked except for bio codes. Just action economy for days. If they dont attack him he is coordinating and blocking and jamming them, if they do attack him its just massive action economy for your squad, coordinate, take a lock for next round where you then move and jam. The FOs palp shuttle with an unlimited range coordinate/jam.

Edited by wurms

9 hours ago, Cubanboy said:

What does everyone think of the first order and Resistance now we have them on the table?

Some of us don’t have them yet....

I want to like the FO. I preordered at LGS to convert them. I’m hoping I made a good call there... I keep seeing all the Resistance love though so a little worried.

Ah, who am I fooling.... I wouldn’t feel right flying them. Even if they’re better based on the forum traffic.

Happy Friday CB!  

I'm all in on Blackout, I tried to get him to work in 1.0 and didn't have much luck since Kylo was infinitely better.  However now.... looks like I get to go Poe hunting!  I've been proxying it the last couple weeks and think I may have something, but I'm still trying to figure out which F/O pilot to use (Upsilon is the 3rd ship).  And extra awesome is my squad is already painted and modded :)

Happy Friday!

Just a few games of Wave 2 under my belt last night; I played Resistance versus some Scum with MGTIEs and against double Silencers.  First impressions? The MGTIEs are ridiculously good value.  And the First Order is only maybe a little behind the Imperials on the power curve - and well ahead in Hyperspace - Silencers are killing it in the right hands and the f/o's are sooooo good.  RZ-2's are going to need a lot of practice to get value, even as cheap as they are, and Bombers are...okay?  I need to experiment with T70s yet, and Rey's Falcon seem a lot like the other Falcons - not terribly good.

1 hour ago, Jyico said:

Happy Friday CB!  

I'm all in on Blackout, I tried to get him to work in 1.0 and didn't have much luck since Kylo was infinitely better.  However now.... looks like I get to go Poe hunting!  I've been proxying it the last couple weeks and think I may have something, but I'm still trying to figure out which F/O pilot to use (Upsilon is the 3rd ship).  And extra awesome is my squad is already painted and modded :)

I feel like blackout will suck compared to first edition since he lost advanced sensors. Advanced sensors was key to keeping asteroids in your arc.

Resistance is interesting. I need to fly again with a better list (not overloading Poe with shiny upgrades that don’t do much).

If anyone has an extra copy of Hate they wouldn’t mind mailing to me, that’d be cool 😬

edit: can anyone confirm how many of each Force upgrade the FO kit comes with? The wiki seems to be innacurate, and I can’t find any listings elsewhere.

Edited by SpiderMana

47 minutes ago, TBot said:

I feel like blackout will suck compared to first edition since he lost advanced sensors. Advanced sensors was key to keeping asteroids in your arc.

I tend to setup at non-standard 0 or 45 degree angles, so getting asteroids between myself and enemy ships hasn't been too difficult.  Think more about how you can almost graze a rock and keep a wide arc instead of pointing directly at it.  Plus, use the 3 biggest ones!  Coordinate at either Initiative 0,1,or 7 seems like it will help: 

TIE/vn Silencer - •“Blackout” - 88
    •“Blackout” - Ill-Fated Test Pilot (70)
        Trick Shot (1)
        Proton Torpedoes (9)
        Primed Thrusters (8)

Upsilon-class Shuttle - •Petty Officer Thanisson - 76
    •Petty Officer Thanisson - Alert Flight Controller (60)
        •Captain Phasma (5)
        •Kylo Ren (11)

TIE/fo Fighter - •“Null” - 35
    •“Null” - Epsilon Ace (31)
        •Squad Leader (4)

Total: 199/200

Its Hyperspace legal, but I could always add the Biohexathingamajiggers to round out 200 in extended.

37 minutes ago, Jyico said:

I tend to setup at non-standard 0 or 45 degree angles, so getting asteroids between myself and enemy ships hasn't been too difficult.  Think more about how you can almost graze a rock and keep a wide arc instead of pointing directly at it.  Plus, use the 3 biggest ones!  Coordinate at either Initiative 0,1,or 7 seems like it will help: 

TIE/vn Silencer - •“Blackout” - 88
    •“Blackout” - Ill-Fated Test Pilot (70)
        Trick Shot (1)
        Proton Torpedoes (9)
        Primed Thrusters (8)

Upsilon-class Shuttle - •Petty Officer Thanisson - 76
    •Petty Officer Thanisson - Alert Flight Controller (60)
        •Captain Phasma (5)
        •Kylo Ren (11)

TIE/fo Fighter - •“Null” - 35
    •“Null” - Epsilon Ace (31)
        •Squad Leader (4)

Total: 199/200

Its Hyperspace legal, but I could always add the Biohexathingamajiggers to round out 200 in extended.

Thats just sexy. Coordinating Blackout at 0, 1 or 7!

I'm looking forward to playing against some First Order squadrons tonight. Won't be picking up either sequel-era conversion kit for a while.

Also: Happy Friday!

Edited by tracker7

I feel the upsilon is still a bit to expensive for a support shuttle and suffers from a split personality of providing actions to other ships and wanting to be an attack platform and it can't do both without being half your points and no flip around, I haven't played with the silencer yet but aside from Kyle and recoil the pilot abilities feel super gimmicky or bad (looking at you avenger).

The tie fo seem pretty solid and can get dangerous with fanatic, and haven't tried the sf yet but excited to fly them again.

Edited by Oberron

3 hours ago, TBot said:

Having flown some blackout, with Trickshot and Pro-torps, he is very good, especially with that bump to I5 and having a talent slot open whilst basically having PTL. The trick on him is to use the ability as a deterrent, and by fearing it triggering, your opponent could be corralled into certain lanes. His ability is cool, but even if you have advanced sensors (in a hypothetical proxy I did), you are hurting yourself putting too many resources in making the ability trigger. And don't worry about it triggering, as it certainly will almost every game (and in more than half the games, both pro-torps fired through rocks, thus rolling 5 dice against either a paltry 2 (such as Rexler) or even 1 (Boba and Wedge)!). If you really want the ability to trigger, I highly suggest having your coordinate boat not be a Upsilon, but instead be a shield upgrade Null.

And at worst, he is an I5 interceptor who trades his evade (meaningless in most cases to a non-Soontir interceptor) for a lock (oh yes please, if you equip Fanatical!), gaining 1 hull and 2 shields (which can be greatly extended by the 4 pt investment of Lone Wolf or just go all the way and make him Kylo's baseline by slapping on a Stealth Device for 4 greens and a reroll for your focus!). How does this suck for a baseline of 70pt again?

Now if you want to talk about bad Silencers, Avenger stapled to his squad of Omega Squad Aces is a juicy target.

4 hours ago, TBot said:

Pair with Tavson + bio codes + baffle. Blackout can park wherever he wants and get out from behind a rock. Got a trickshot proton torp off first try. Then next round, coordinated a focus,linked blackout to a barrel roll out from behind a rock. Blackout did a 2 straight, clearing the stress, then took a lock and fired second proton torp.

Blackout is gonna be flown for his initiative more than his ability though. "When you cant afford Kylo, get the next best thing!"

20 hours ago, wurms said:

Pair with Tavson + bio codes + baffle. Blackout can park wherever he wants and get out from behind a rock. Got a trickshot proton torp off first try. Then next round, coordinated a focus,linked blackout to a barrel roll out from behind a rock. Blackout did a 2 straight, clearing the stress, then took a lock and fired second proton torp.

Blackout is gonna be flown for his initiative more than his ability though. "When you cant afford Kylo, get the next best thing!"

Why take blackout when you could take Quickdraw for a lot less if going for I?