Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emirikol

Is there a map of the Wastelands anywhere? What are the two rivers named?

33 posts in this topic

I think you'll have to name them yourself Emirikol.

Can I offer a suggestion: River Aarnau, and river Buuren (or Manaan's river)

according to the 1st edition Marienburg: Sold Down the River,  the northern river would pass through or close by the frontier town of Aarnau. What's interesting of that town (pop. 4 000) is that its the site of the last remaining Old Noble house of Wastelands, the van Buurens (I suspect you know this allready Emirikol, planning an adventure and everythinggui%C3%B1o.gif).  There Baron Martinus van Buuren lives his days in past glories with his 150 men strong militia, hunting, and taking his self-appointed role as the guardian of Wasteland's independence quite seriously.

the other river Buuren, would run some miles north of Fort Solace (pop. 300 owned by Wasteland Import-Export Exchange). Ships reaching the Manaanspoort Sea at nightfall often stop there before making the final journey to Marienburg. So another suggestion of that "W" river would be Manaan's river.

Emirikol If you don't possess or are able to get the book I'm referring to, I be more than happy to email a selection of the book's contents to you.

Sincerly Mal

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that one of them is called the river "Thrakazog".

I can't remember where I read it, so you'll have to take my word for it.  (Fel 5/Guile 2)  cool.gif

Thrakazog said:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that one of them is called the river "Thrakazog".

I can't remember where I read it, so you'll have to take my word for it.  (Fel 5/Guile 2)  cool.gif

Ooo, Chaos Star.

The southerly river, if I recall correctly, runs next to the former site of Jutronsk (sp?), the capital of the Jutones that was overrun by undead. Might consider a name that reflects that bit of history.

Well the two rivers were oviously the following...

North Emerikol River

River Gitzman

I dont understand why we are still talking trying to figure it out, its solved =)  Someone must have forgottent o put them into their maps a long time ago and the knowledge has jsut been lost over the ages.

Gitz.

Mal Reynolds said:

I think you'll have to name them yourself Emirikol.

Can I offer a suggestion: River Aarnau, and river Buuren (or Manaan's river)

according to the 1st edition Marienburg: Sold Down the River,  the northern river would pass through or close by the frontier town of Aarnau. What's interesting of that town (pop. 4 000) is that its the site of the last remaining Old Noble house of Wastelands, the van Buurens (I suspect you know this allready Emirikol, planning an adventure and everythinggui%C3%B1o.gif).  There Baron Martinus van Buuren lives his days in past glories with his 150 men strong militia, hunting, and taking his self-appointed role as the guardian of Wasteland's independence quite seriously.

the other river Buuren, would run some miles north of Fort Solace (pop. 300 owned by Wasteland Import-Export Exchange). Ships reaching the Manaanspoort Sea at nightfall often stop there before making the final journey to Marienburg. So another suggestion of that "W" river would be Manaan's river.

Emirikol If you don't possess or are able to get the book I'm referring to, I be more than happy to email a selection of the book's contents to you.

Sincerly Mal

Thanks for the great tips Mal.  I'm pretty sure I can round that stuff up from one of my many 2e friends (who still stubbornly refuse to even try 3e..losers..;)

jh