IndyPendant

Those with the new kits - did FFG screw us over again?

For the most part I support and am satisfied with the conversion kits, but I do have one small complaint with the first order kit: only 1 copy of the Biohexacrypt Codes upgrade. Seriously FFG? It’s a cheap (1 pt), FO only, non-unique upgrade and you could only give us ONE of them in the First Order conversion kit? Why????? :blink:

5 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

For the most part I support and am satisfied with the conversion kits, but I do have one small complaint with the first order kit: only 1 copy of the Biohexacrypt Codes upgrade. Seriously FFG? It’s a cheap (1 pt), FO only, non-unique upgrade and you could only give us ONE of them in the First Order conversion kit? Why????? :blink:

I agree.

However I can't envision needing more then one. I don't plan to swarm updilons. But I can understand someone else might so would have been nice to have 3 in the kit.

1 hour ago, Icelom said:

I agree.

However I can't envision needing more then one. I don't plan to swarm updilons. But I can understand someone else might so would have been nice to have 3 in the kit.

I have 2 UPS trucks shuttles and the very first list I put together- before I even opened my conversion kit, includes using both of them with biohexacrypt codes. <_<:rolleyes:

Here's my experience with the conversion kits. I play Empire and Rebels, so I bought both of their kits. I have always had a relatively small collection, either I had the right amount of ships for the kit (3/3 Tie Intercpetors) less than the kit (only 1/2 Tie Phantoms) or one instance where i had more than the kit (6/4 TIE LNs).

After getting my kits back in the fall, I have had a fun time buying 1.0 ships to fill out my kits. there are still one or two ships I won't bother to buy, like the TIE Agressor or the Wookie Gunship, but hopefully I can sell my cardboard for those ships later. Once I finish filling out my Rebel and Imperial kits, I will get the FO and Resistance kits, and fill out my collections for those factions. Then i'll pretty much be done collecting. I know that I'm probably a rare case where 2.0 is working out perfectly for me, but I thought I would share my positive experience. 

38 minutes ago, Sir Orrin said:

I know that I'm probably a rare case where 2.0 is working out perfectly for me, but I thought I would share my positive experience. 

Same here. My collection is much larger - but 2 Core Sets, 2 each of Rebel, Scum, and Imperial kits (and 1 each of Resistance and First Order) means I can field at least half-decent spam lists of almost anything. For me, the conversion kits fit well with the size of my collection - it's hard to find any cases where I have more models than can comfortably fill out a 200 pt "spam list" and not enough dials/ship cards.

2 minutes ago, Ironlord said:

Same here. My collection is much larger - but 2 Core Sets, 2 each of Rebel, Scum, and Imperial kits (and 1 each of Resistance and First Order) means I can field at least half-decent spam lists of almost anything. For me, the conversion kits fit well with the size of my collection - it's hard to find any cases where I have more models than can comfortably fill out a 200 pt "spam list" and not enough dials/ship cards.

Same with me.

High fives all around

47 minutes ago, Sir Orrin said:

Here's my experience with the conversion kits. I play Empire and Rebels, so I bought both of their kits. I have always had a relatively small collection, either I had the right amount of ships for the kit (3/3 Tie Intercpetors) less than the kit (only 1/2 Tie Phantoms) or one instance where i had more than the kit (6/4 TIE LNs).

After getting my kits back in the fall, I have had a fun time buying 1.0 ships to fill out my kits. there are still one or two ships I won't bother to buy, like the TIE Agressor or the Wookie Gunship, but hopefully I can sell my cardboard for those ships later. Once I finish filling out my Rebel and Imperial kits, I will get the FO and Resistance kits, and fill out my collections for those factions. Then i'll pretty much be done collecting. I know that I'm probably a rare case where 2.0 is working out perfectly for me, but I thought I would share my positive experience. 

So, would you have bought those ships anyways, or did the CK kits sucker you into buying additional ships??  Just curious.

15 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

So, would you have bought those ships anyways, or did the CK kits sucker you into buying additional ships??  Just curious.

Pretty weighted and biased question.

He is having fun isn't that the main point of this? Shouldn't that be all that matters?

Edited by Icelom

22 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

I know 2.0 in general convinced me to buy two more Lambdas I wouldn't have bought otherwise, just because having three on the board is so much fun to fly!

29 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

I bought 3 T-70's because I wanted the new models, gave away my old T-70 repaints and repainted all 3 in new schemes.  My purchasing process makes 0 logical sense and has no basis in necessity.

12 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

I bought 3 T-70's because I wanted the new models, gave away my old T-70 repaints and repainted all 3 in new schemes.  My purchasing process makes 0 logical sense and has no basis in necessity.

18 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I know 2.0 in general convinced me to buy two more Lambdas I wouldn't have bought otherwise, just because having three on the board is so much fun to fly!

27 minutes ago, Icelom said:

Pretty weighted and biased question.

He is having fun isn't that the main point of this? Shouldn't that be all that matters?

Yeah, I know.  But I was genuinely curious to see if people's buying increased exactly because of the CK kits.  I see that I have confessions above. :lol:

And as for the latter question, do you really think that Mr. 500 Ships has an issue with extra purchases?

6 hours ago, Sir Orrin said:

After getting my kits back in the fall, I have had a fun time buying 1.0 ships to fill out my kits. there are still one or two ships I won't bother to buy, like the TIE Agressor or the Wookie Gunship, but hopefully I can sell my cardboard for those ships later. Once I finish filling out my Rebel and Imperial kits, I will get the FO and Resistance kits, and fill out my collections for those factions. Then i'll pretty much be done collecting. I know that I'm probably a rare case where 2.0 is working out perfectly for me, but I thought I would share my positive experience. 

I am in a similar boat except the cheap ships have spurred me to by more ships and eBay additional conversions.  I went from 1 to 4 phantoms and 1 to 3 punishers. 

17 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Buying more conversions because of the number of models you own does slightly increase FFG's sales.  Since they have stopped producing 1.0 expansions, the opposite is not true.

On 12/19/2018 at 3:31 PM, Darth Meanie said:

It's certainly encouraged my to buy ships I was on the fence about. Like the Tie Striker and the Ghost. But some ships... like the Wookie Gunships and TIE Agressors... nah I'm not buying those. I'm gonna try and the sell the kit stuff for those at some point. 

9 hours ago, Matanui3 said:

Buying more conversions because of the number of models you own does slightly increase FFG's sales.  Since they have stopped producing 1.0 expansions, the opposite is not true.

You might talk to TSR, Decipher, and Iron Crown Enterprises about what unsold merchandise can do to your solvency.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:22 PM, Darth Meanie said:

Odds are, I will never convert Empire, Rebels, and Scum because those factions will not be cost effective for me to update, and I'm fine playing them as 1.0.  At $150 for all 3, those ConKits are a whole 1-2 Waves of Republic I can buy.

But the cost of conversion has meant that FFG has not/will not see any of my gaming dollars for a year.

Buy them off discount sites. Only paid $173 for all 5 kits off Miniature Market...

On 12/19/2018 at 3:31 PM, Darth Meanie said:

I could try to say that I'm just buying stuff to fill in the kits, complete my collection, but that'd be a lie.

Like many X-Wing players, I keep buying ships I don't really need, and I did before the 2e changeover.

10 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I could try to say that I'm just buying stuff to fill in the kits, complete my collection, but that'd be a lie.

Like many X-Wing players, I keep buying ships I don't really need, and I did before the 2e changeover.

I can relate to that my friend, but I did trade off several things I had bought that I didn’t need for cardboard for other ships I have that I also didn’t need.😆 So at least the changeover helped to thin some of the collection. 

I actually dont mind buying the extra ships. I like new toys. In my situation I also have a few nephews and buddies who have more"overhead" than I do and i dont mind having the extra ships available to them to use to try until they get their own down the road (or until they buy from me at a super discount or for help doing things I dont know how to do or dont have time for). 

And to me, buying old ships and the conversion kits is a way to save a buttload of cash.

For lack of cards when i dont have enough, just note down which ships have it and use the single card to cover them all.

Edited by EVIL INC

21 minutes ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

It would have been nice to get 3 more Fanatical in the FO kit so I could run a Fanatical swarm of 6 I3 FO TIEs.  The idea thay anyone would buy 2 kits is pure lunacy. 

Fanatical also comes in the Tie FO expansion pack.