Sign in to follow this  
Da_Brown_Bomber

Is anyone playing Maul crew?

Is anyone playing maul crew?

13pts for +1 force token and can equip Dark Side upgrades. 

Maybe we will see some more Dark Side upgrades released soon?

imho the availability of the force is the single biggest threat to power creep and faction balance in the game because force tokens have such a significant impact on the game.

43 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

13pts for +1 force token and can equip Dark Side upgrades. 

Maybe we will see some more Dark Side upgrades released soon?

imho the availability of the force is the single biggest threat to power creep and faction balance in the game because force tokens have such a significant impact on the game.

For accuracy's sake he also enables that Force Charge to regen in response to damage at the cost of a stress (no cap on stress amount other than the hp of the ship he's on):

latest?cb=20180522045924

1 minute ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

hes very good on ventress but she is already too expensive to begin with. 

I wonder if her being on the fastest ship in the game without boost or SLAM has something to do with her cost. The Lancer is **** quick.

If you can add Ezra in some form to the list he's quite good on Kanan (Also good combo with choper crew) Like Kanan with Ezra gunner and Maul crew for 4 force charges (add chopper for force recovery). Costs arm and leg of course.....

Edited by Redblock

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

I wonder if her being on the fastest ship in the game without boost or SLAM has something to do with her cost. The Lancer is **** quick.

best dial for a ship her size but still none is palyn her. the 2 dice turret just doesnt hit hard enough for the points invested. assaj is 20pts more than generic shadowhunter. ouch. 

I played him on asaj and it was ok... I played him for the force regen as asaj + heightened perception uses alot of force.

Was it worth the points? Not sure.... I am a little confused there are no dark side force powers in wave 2... I think maybe he should have been worded:

"You ignore faction restrictions on force power upgrades"

Edited by Icelom

1 hour ago, Carnor Rex said:

Right now Maul is like a worse version of han gunner for 9 pts more.

That seems like a pretty decent comparison.

One thing in Maul's favor when compared to Han, however, is that your first force you get for free, and only the 2nd one costs stress.

Suppose you've got Han Gunner on Kavil or such.  Is there any logic to going Slave One/Maul over IG-88 D?  You'll get at least one Force per turn, and it'll be easier to take non-Focus actions.  Slave 1 + Boost is a lot of reposition options.  Reinforce, if you never use Maul's trigger and only use him for the Force, seems like a decent way to survive a swarm at Range 1.

I almost want to fly it sometime.  I think the particular fact that Maul opens up Boost in a way IG-88 D doesn't has some value.  I don't know that it's worth 9 points, but is a gain of some kind.

//

In general, though, most non-Vader Force crew/gunners seem a point or two too expensive, and Vader seems a point or two too cheap.

2 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

ME

It’s amazing. I’ve only tried it once and it wasn’t against a super meta list, but I believe in it 😂

1 hour ago, Redblock said:

If you can add Ezra in some form to the list he's quite good on Kanan (Also good combo with choper crew) Like Kanan with Ezra gunner and Maul crew for 4 force charges (add chopper for force recovery). Costs arm and leg of course.....

Woah shhh you’re stealing my thunder 😜 I hadn’t thought to bother with Chop, but being able to do actions without moving blue every turn could be useful. I’ve also considered Hera as my other crew option, for K-Turns and the like.

For the sake of it, a Maul list:

• Boba Fett (Debris Gambit, Maul, Slave One) 100
  • Han Solo (Trick Shot, 0-0-0, Greedo, Lando's Millennium Falcon) 74
  • Outer Rim Pioneer (Tactical Officer) 26
    • Or would it be better to run Lando without any crew... hrm... probably.

I mean, it probably doesn't suck, but it's not going to be better than some different Boba Fett list.

40 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

One thing in Maul's favor when compared to Han, however, is that your first force you get for free, and only the 2nd one costs stress.

Suppose you've got Han Gunner on Kavil or such.  Is there any logic to going Slave One/Maul over IG-88 D?  You'll get at least one Force per turn, and it'll be easier to take non-Focus actions.  Slave 1 + Boost is a lot of reposition options.  Reinforce, if you never use Maul's trigger and only use him for the Force, seems like a decent way to survive a swarm at Range 1.

I almost want to fly it sometime.  I think the particular fact that Maul opens up Boost in a way IG-88 D doesn't has some value.  I don't know that it's worth 9 points, but is a gain of some kind.

//

In general, though, most non-Vader Force crew/gunners seem a point or two too expensive, and Vader seems a point or two too cheap.

Maul also has a minor edge in that he's a crew member. Scum Han is at least somewhat constricted by the fact that you can only put him on ships with a Gunner slot, which is just the Falcon, Y-Wing, or Marauder.

4 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

//

Hmm that's a valid point. And I adore boost on boba so maybe he's worth testing in list that supports fat boba.. like with fat guri. I do think maul is worse than ig 88 against Vader which around here is in nearly every single imp list.. including mine lol. 

5 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Hate in the FO Conversion kit.

But what does that even mean? Is maul the only way to use the card hate?

I can't find anything to define what dark side is in the game, is it FO/Empire? Because I can't find anything defining it.

18 minutes ago, Icelom said:

I can't find anything to define what dark side is in the game, is it FO/Empire? Because I can't find anything defining it.

Nothing in print that I can find either. We can probably expect another RR update in the next few weeks. Hopefully...

4 hours ago, Icelom said:

They should have printed it in the FO kit content sheet under “new rules” like they did with docking in the Rebel one. Not sure why they didn’t, but I’m sure they’ll say something official soon, as Hiemfire said.

In the meantime, it’s been widely reported since at least GenCon that people were told dark side/light side abilities would be by faction: Rebel/Resistance/Republic are light-side, the rest are dark side.

5 hours ago, Icelom said:

If you can equip Hate in the app then you're Dark Side.