librarian101

The force card hate.

6 minutes ago, librarian101 said:

So this is a generic force card.  Can any force user use it?  The card says on it the Dark Side, is there a dark side user only?

Each faction will be considered either Light side or Dark side. Currently the Light side is the Rebellion and the Resistance, with the Dark side being the Empire, First Order, and Scum & Villainy.

We can guess that the Republic will be Light and the CIS will be Dark.

Right now the only way to put Dark side cards on Light side ships is to use Maul on either Ezra or Kanan in a Rebel build.

Edited by Hippie Moosen

1 hour ago, Hippie Moosen said:

Right now the only way to put Dark side cards on Light side ships is to use Maul on either Ezra or Kanan in a Rebel build.

Ezra must be part of the list in some fashion though (pilot or gunner).

5 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

So lets go to Scum & Villainy faction; would that be the Light side, or the Dark?

Realistically? Neither and both. Tropey as is often the case in most fictional stories (Star Wars included)? Dark since they aren't the "good guys"...

4 hours ago, librarian101 said:

So this is a generic force card.  Can any force user use it?  The card says on it the Dark Side, is there a dark side user only?

Forgive me, I have been known to be dense before.  I don’t understand you post here.  Is there a new upgrade card called “generic force”?  Also, I am only aware of Maul crew cars that states dark force cards.   

Am am I missing something?

There is a new Force card called "Hate" that is in the First Order Conversion Kit and looks like it will be in the Sith Infiltrator as well. It's deckbuilding restriction is "Dark Side".

1 hour ago, Ccwebb said:

Forgive me, I have been known to be dense before.  I don’t understand you post here.  Is there a new upgrade card called “generic force”?  Also, I am only aware of Maul crew cars that states dark force cards.   

Am am I missing something?

I know I saw at least one person wondering from the wording on Maul's card if there would be a new upgrade type for Dark Side, with a different symbol. I think that might be where your confusion is coming from.

2 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

If Kanan was inside his own arc, this would be an amazing build.

Shhh I'm still going to fly it 😜 And hey, maybe enough of it's pieces will get cheaper to make it viable for tournament play.

6 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

If Kanan was inside his own arc, this would be an amazing build.

But as is he still can't use it on himself which is more than half your squadron and therefore a garbage Ability. Sigh... we were so close.

11 hours ago, librarian101 said:

latest?cb=20181213185301

found my confusion.  There is literally an upgrade card called “hate”!  Makes so much more sense now.  I thought you were saying “force hate”, as in “you hate the force”

sorry my my stupidity.  

6 hours ago, Ccwebb said:

latest?cb=20181213185301

found my confusion.  There is literally an upgrade card called “hate”!  Makes so much more sense now.  I thought you were saying “force hate”, as in “you hate the force”

sorry my my stupidity.  

I'm pretty sure mentioning The Last Jedi as an upgrade card would invoke the same confusion. ;)

19 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

Each faction will be considered either Light side or Dark side. Currently the Light side is the Rebellion and the Resistance, with the Dark side being the Empire, First Order, and Scum & Villainy.

We can guess that the Republic will be Light and the CIS will be Dark.

Where is any of this listed in any rules? 

MAUL PILOT. MAUL PILOT!

Let's consider the other 3 force pilot in the game, Vader. Part of the fun of him is conserving his force charges to make the most of his ability. Maul on the other hand, will deplete them easily in 1 round due to his ability and mods. Even if you use it opportunely (which you did not sink all those points for), you will be losing 1 charge per turn net, leaving you dry for the round you really want that ability (double-tap by spending 2 force after attacking [can only attack the same target if you did not hit]). So he is interested in recharging.

His ability is negative synergy with cloak (weapons disabled, but I am sure he will have nifty tricks with cloak, a la phantom movement shenanigans), which means when he attacks, his agility will be a paltry 1. He also has a lot of health. What does the game say about a lot of health and 1 agi? They bleed like crazy. But the card Hate silver-lines--in some cases rewards you--for bleeding out damage. And for a hyper-jouster like Maul, that is an amazing ability. Conceivably, he will be able to double-tap every turn, and I daresay that he will be very likely double-tap every turn that he either misses his first target or has 2 targets in arc. And come on! This is hyper-thematic. Darth Maul is powered by his overflowing hatred, moreso than any of the movie Siths, to the degree of self-damaging to fuel his power.

And let us also consider the *garbage for Maul* alternative force powers:

Supernatural Reflexes: out of the question with base size

Predictive Shot: **** with large-base bullseye

Brilliant Evasion: **** for most builds considering native 1 agi

Heightened Perception: he is I5, does he need to jump further in line for shooting, drowning his ability's charges?

Sense: meh.

Instinctive aim: those torps otta be good with him having a 3 die primary and force!

-Edits: Bonus round, let's see the additional advantages!-

The threat of recharging Maul's hate will have a Quickdraw-like effect. Of course, the objective is to shoot him, but caution must be taken.

Even without using the ability, you basically become Skywalker in recharging force being shot at. Most shots incoming will do damage.

Edited by player3010587

28 minutes ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

So how does an Empire only player get Hate?  Oh, I have to wait until wave 5 or 6?  Starting to feel a lot like autothrusters in 1.0. 

Autothrusters were an autoinclude. Hate is a weird flex, but ok.