Sign in to follow this  
prauxim

Rank the T70 pilots

55 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Yes, I'm thinking the same. That's focus+reroll for both. Bastian can get the same. All three leave enough points for a heroic Lulo and 5pt bid (or other upgrade). That's essentially 4 Xwings on the table, but with double mods for 3 of them

Some potential in that list I feel. 

On 1/6/2019 at 8:46 AM, Tyhar7 said:

Some potential in that list I feel. 

Seems like it could be decent. So the breakdown vs trip t70

Trip T70 (poe/nienPA/jess or bastian)

• 2x ptorps (or 1 ptorp and an extra tech/astro)
  • i6
  • a "full" i5

XXXA (snapComp/Jess/Bastian/Lulo)

• an extra chassis (with a excellent sculpt)
  • synergy between Jess/Snap since they both want to be flown in tight formation

I still give the edge to XXX. Moving later + ptorps is just too strong.

Also, if the SF/cluster/hotshot combo becomes meta you are not going to want anything that needs to fly in formation.

Posted (edited)
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, It’s One Of Ours said:

9 - Joph.  I want to like Joph.  But unless an Evade-holding Tech comes out again, his ability is just “meh”...  If it does ever return, he’d have Juke stapled to him and he’d jump up to my 5 slot.

He is hard to kill with concentrated fire. The only other 'trick' I can see - which seems a bit over-convoluted - is using electronic baffle. If stressed, locked or ionized, joph can fry a shield in the end phase and burn off that token. Critically (see the crowing over tavson) that happens after focus and evade tokens are discarded for the turn, meaning he'll still have that token in the following round, along with whatever token he gets from his action.

Probably a cute trick with limited practical use (maybe juke, but that might be throwing good points after bad), but just a thought which occurred to me.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, It’s One Of Ours said:

7 - Tubbs.  For those times where I will say “You know what would suck more than a Black Squadron Ace?”

I keep trying to figure out a use for Tubbs. He almost demands an R4 astromech to give him those blue turns, after which I guess he can make those turns pseudo-blue for a buddy. I don't think he's much cop with other T-70s or RZ-2s, which don't have dramatic problems with stress. He might be able to pull his weight better buddying a B/F-17 bomber (especially a generic Cobalt Squadron which can move first).

Edited by Magnus Grendel