Jump to content
BiggsIRL

Fourth Annual Star Wars: Armada Vassal World Cup (2019)

Recommended Posts

On 12/15/2018 at 11:46 AM, BiggsIRL said:

Upgrade cards in the SSD expansion (Emperor Sheev "the Senate" Palpatine, Officer Vader, Officer Ozzel, Piett, etc) are legal.

Wow - that's quite a call. Will be cool to see what new sorts of lists appear as a result!

Is it considering trolling to fly a fleet with nothing newer than Wave 5 and a third of the fleet from Core set? Or just unoriginal??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zamalekite said:

Wow - that's quite a call. Will be cool to see what new sorts of lists appear as a result!

Is it considering trolling to fly a fleet with nothing newer than Wave 5 and a third of the fleet from Core set? Or just unoriginal??

The core set includes the CR90 and the Nebulon-B.  They stronk like bull.

Edited by thecactusman17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Zamalekite said:

Wow - that's quite a call. Will be cool to see what new sorts of lists appear as a result!

Is it considering trolling to fly a fleet with nothing newer than Wave 5 and a third of the fleet from Core set? Or just unoriginal??

Depends why you play these vassal tourneys. If you play to test new ideas on a global platform with a diverse meta then that would be considered unoriginal. Apparently some people play to win though. So each to their own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ginkapo said:

Depends why you play these vassal tourneys. If you play to test new ideas on a global platform with a diverse meta then that would be considered unoriginal. Apparently some people play to win though. So each to their own. 

I don't have a lot of time to play generally and I'm torn between playing I fleet I actually own and am likely to play in competitive tournaments to get more practice and trying something more experimental in a competitive setting! Can't decide 😣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#2 Standby standing by.

And because I'm not afeared, here's my list so far:

Name: 336 Point Bid
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Admiral Ozzel

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Hyperspace Assault
Navigation: Superior Positions

Raider I (44)
• Admiral Ozzel (20)
= 64 Points

Squadrons:
= 0 Points

Total Points: 64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

#2 Standby standing by.

And because I'm not afeared, here's my list so far:

Name: 336 Point Bid
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Admiral Ozzel

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Hyperspace Assault
Navigation: Superior Positions

Raider I (44)
• Admiral Ozzel (20)
= 64 Points

Squadrons:
= 0 Points

Total Points: 64

I think this fleet was significantly weakened by flotilla nerf, so I'm not sure if it's first tier anymore. However, given the changes, wouldn't Advanced Gunnery be a better objective here? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PartyPotato said:

Party time... Watch out... double Vic’s is totally a thing.

That's a medium sized pizza party.

Time to change the name.

Edited by mhd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering carefully whether I can commit to another long-running tourney right now.  I've only been about 30% successful in showing up for our weekly local meetup over the last few months... :(

I'll try to post up soon if I'm going to participate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×