Goldeneye007

Alt Art Cards Fakes?

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired an Faramir alt art card in a collection.  I noticed that the traditional scroll with the willpower, strength and defense text was replaced with white lettering.  Upon further inspection it is the same white lettering design that I've seen on Aragorn alt art cards.  However, I notice that many of the other alternate art cards have the traditional scroll text.  Is the Faramir card and consequently the Aragorn alt art card with the white lettering fakes? I can't seem to find a definitive answer upon searching the internet.

Any info would be appreciated!

Actually, I think that white lettering was FFG's first design for their alt art cards that was only used on Aragorn. After the GenCon 2014 event they change it to the "Scroll" design. My guess is the Aragorn ones are real but not the Faramir one. I'm not finding any Faramirs with the white lettering on ebay.

They changed the lettering after Leadership Aragorn, to make it more consistent with the regular heroes. Down here are both official heroes that I own and either pulled from a Fellowship kit, or got handed from Caleb personally. There are a lot of copies of leadership Aragorn though, but those without the scroll are the official ones. Any other hero with that font was made with Strange Eons, where they used Aragorn's layout (without scroll). Still, non-official alt arts are nice to have on the table from time to time.

20181213_183031[1230].jpg