Cgriffith

Kylo Ren ~ who are his best FO wing mates

Phil played the list very well! I believe he ended up winning the kraytcup with the list. I am definitely going to be practicing with this list for future tournaments.

On 3/6/2019 at 1:40 PM, polmoneys said:

will try Plan C tomorrow, inspired by comments on this thread & inputs:

Kylo Ren (76)
Proton Torpedoes (12)

Petty Officer Thanisson (60)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Captain Phasma (5)

Commander Malarus (41)
Crack Shot (1)
Total: 200

I want POT for the init 1️⃣, Phasma makes sense & for 70 points looks like the best loadout.

Not 100% sure about torps but feels it can balance the offense we lose using Malarus.

Will report back! 

I finally took this for a spin and boy do I love Upsilon:

Kylo Ren (76)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Proton Torpedoes (12)

Petty Officer Thanisson (60)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Captain Phasma (5)

“Null” (31)

Total: 194

POT shot twice per game but moving first with PA is gold as it can coordinate or jam 100% of the time. Phasma and the insane amount of hull/shields (for my standards) is just bonus punishment. White 3 speed banks...

Null at R1 with F+TL will do damage and coordinated Kylo can do nasty 4 actions + 5 forward and shoot some torps. Add PA and he feels more reliable than Vader/afterburners in my book.

Sorry if all sounds obvious to you but It was my first FO second edition...happy to report just found my hyperspace faction 🍸

Something I'll probably try out sometime:

• Kylo Ren (Hate, Advanced Optics) 83
  • Zeta Squadron Survivor (Advanced Optics) 38

It's not exactly 3A+Poe, but kinda will work similarly.  Kylo does the aces thing, the Zetas are consistent, kinda tanky, and with a lot of arc coverage.  I've flown both parts separately (5x Zetas, and Kylo with Blackout and Malarus), and think they'll fit together nicely.

I would swear by Phil Horny's list. OMG, just watch the final round. He's down to just Kylo and takes down Poe, Bastian, and Tali for the win.

Seeing just how gross super Kylo can be makes me thankful SNR is prohibitively expensive now. 

I am really impressed by his performance and it makes me going back to Kylo again! All these games were nuts, specially the empire match, where he pretty much loses QD before dealing any serious damage and still wins.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I'm right to assume that without the FO Gunner, the Special Forces TIE simply throw two dice forward and back, right?

Yup, no double tap either. 

Edited by Deffly

14 hours ago, Stefan said:

That's clear, just wasn't sure if the mobile arc was functioning at all.

If you are running the SF with no gunner then just have your mobile arc pointed backwards. They have a primary 2 die arc so you'll end up being a mini firespray. 

Posted (edited)

After Phil Hornys amazing victory, I brought SR Kylo back on the table for a few games. QD and Null were his wingmans. And oh man, flying him felt amazing. The burden of execution is pretty brutal and little mistakes can cost you a game. Especially QD is a ship, that needs to stay alive for a couple of rounds. Null on the other hand is awesome. He got ignored most of the time, was able to flank and dealt serious damage to my opponents. 

I love that list. Won't fly anything else for the next weeks/months/years.

I think SR Kylo is still a strong force to be reckoned with (in Hyperspace).

Edited by Ryuneke

8 hours ago, Ryuneke said:

After Phil Hornys amazing victory, I brought SR Kylo back on the table for a few games. QD and Null were his wingmans. And oh man, flying him felt amazing. The burden of execution is pretty brutal and little mistakes can cost you a game. Especially QD is a ship, that needs to stay alive for a couple of rounds. Null on the other hand is awesome. He got ignored most of the time, was able to flank and dealt serious damage to my opponents. 

I love that list. Won't fly anything else for the next weeks/months/years.

I think SR Kylo is still a strong force to be reckoned with (in Hyperspace).

1.jpg

It’s amazing to see this list doing well in the right hands. Have you faced many high HP rebel lists or Imp swarms? 

I’m determined to fly the FO in my first hyperspace trial this weekend but my local meta is saturated with the above and the burden of execution for SN Kylo is so high I’m genuinely concerned it won’t make for a enjoyable day.

My backup is Quickdraw, Recoil and Blackout. 

23 minutes ago, Smudger13 said:

It’s amazing to see this list doing well in the right hands. Have you faced many high HP rebel lists or Imp swarms? 

I’m determined to fly the FO in my first hyperspace trial this weekend but my local meta is saturated with the above and the burden of execution for SN Kylo is so high I’m genuinely concerned it won’t make for a enjoyable day.

Three of the top 4 at the Bathurst Hyperspace is FO, Inc Morgan Ried. 

https://tabletop.to/game-on-hyperspace-trial/lists

Well that’s interesting, thanks for the link.

Common denominator is Tavson. I don’t love the Upsilon.

We did have a Kylo, QB and Muse list make the cut at a local HS trial today. 

Good to see players having success with the FO! 

10 hours ago, Smudger13 said:

Imo flying QD properly is way harder in this list than flying Kylo because she can die so quick. Being able to double tap two times can really make the difference between winning or losing. In every game I played (before and after the point adjustments), my opponents focused on QD first. So the opening engagement is key here. 

Most games I payed recently, I faced rebels. Yesterday I played against Han/Wedge. Both flying after Kylo/QD. This game showed me, how impressive Null can be: In the second round of engagement he initiative killed Wedge. 

I also played against imperial/rebel mini swarms including all kinds of ships with a lower/same initiative as Kylo. When I was able to kill the I5/6 pilot or 2 ships before QD/Null died, then Kylo has the potential to solo the rest of the list or just run to win on points.

I took the list to my local hyperspace trial and ended up placing in the top 32 with it. I've learned that high pilot skill falcons, high PS rebels, other high PS fast ships are problems for the list. The lack of a bid also hurts the list (at least for me). I've been toying with taking PA off of kylo to have a bid only because I am not that skilled at moving first with kylo.

Lukas Golonka just made to the final of Eindhoven System Open Series with:

Kylo + Hate

Blackout + Trick shot

Midnight 

Lost in final against 4 Phantoms, due to not being familiar with the list. 

It seems FO and Kylo are perfectly OK in Hyperspace and in Extended as well :)

2 hours ago, Thrst77 said:

I took the list to my local hyperspace trial and ended up placing in the top 32 with it. I've learned that high pilot skill falcons, high PS rebels, other high PS fast ships are problems for the list. The lack of a bid also hurts the list (at least for me). I've been toying with taking PA off of kylo to have a bid only because I am not that skilled at moving first with kylo.

Congrats for making top 32!

If you want the bid, you’re right, I think dropping pattern analyser from Kylo is legit. For me personally, I don’t need a bit because 1) the ace wing meta is gone. I encountered way more I1-4 pilots than ever before. 2) I6 Aces flying after Kylo no matter how deep your bid is. 3) I’m learning a lot about flying and planning maneuvers. 4) I love pattern analyser. 

And you're right, Han, Wedge, Fenn, etc. can be a problem. So I try to get Kylo in a position where only 1 ship is able to shoot at him. SR are going a long way here. You can do crazy things with SR into a k-turn or talon roll. I also try not to use SR every turn just because I could. Good force management is important. Where 1.0 Kylo lacked firepower, 2.0 Kylo can now deal serious damage with a lock + 2 force charges. What I mean is, that you can play really offensive with Kylo. This will surprise some of your opponents because they’re used to see Kylo running.

Just now, Ryuneke said:

Congrats for making top 32!

If you want the bid, you’re right, I think dropping pattern analyser from Kylo is legit. For me personally, I don’t need a bit because 1) the ace wing meta is gone. I encountered way more I1-4 pilots than ever before. 2) I6 Aces flying after Kylo no matter how deep your bid is. 3) I’m learning a lot about flying and planning maneuvers. 4) I love pattern analyser. 

And you're right, Han, Wedge, Fenn, etc. can be a problem. So I try to get Kylo in a position where only 1 ship is able to shoot at him. SR are going a long way here. You can do crazy things with SR into a k-turn or talon roll. I also try not to use SR every turn just because I could. Good force management is important. Where 1.0 Kylo lacked firepower, 2.0 Kylo can now deal serious damage with a lock + 2 force charges. What I mean is, that you can play really offensive with Kylo. This will surprise some of your opponents because they’re used to see Kylo running.

Thank you. I ended up flying against a lot of 5's and 6's that day including a mirror match. I feel like I either should have a bid to help myself or learn to fly better when given initiative. But I am loving the list and had a blast piloting it!

On 3/18/2019 at 8:31 PM, Oldpara said:

Lukas Golonka just made to the final of Eindhoven System Open Series with:

Kylo + Hate

Blackout + Trick shot

Midnight 

Lost in final against 4 Phantoms, due to not being familiar with the list. 

It seems FO and Kylo are perfectly OK in Hyperspace and in Extended as well :)

Wait is that it? No other upgrades? God I need to get better at this game... 

Recently I've been flying:

Kylo+hate

Tavson 

QD+ Fanatical +FCS + SF Gunner 

It's really strong. Kylo really is incredibly sirvivable unless you get really unlucky. 

7 hours ago, Goseki1 said:

Wait is that it? No other upgrades? God I need to get better at this game... 

He wanted a big bid. Eventually it turned out that 3 pts would be enough tho ;)

You could squeeze in optics on Kylo and fanatical on Midnight and still have a small bid.

That’s a very cool list. Kylo is clearly very good, I just think the skill level required to go deep in a tournament is high. 

2 hours ago, Oldpara said:

He wanted a big bid. Eventually it turned out that 3 pts would be enough tho ;)

I guess he was expecting more Poe, Nien, Lulo at 189 (which is still a coin flip then)?

If you fly first against that list it might get hard