SOTL

If you could only change points on 3 cards...

9 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

I would change the point costs on:

Kanan Jarrus Ship -10 points to 80

Kanan Jarrus Crew-4 points to 10

I think Kanan crew is worth it for the Force point, depending on the list's desire to use his ability. But yes, please 🤩

((Edit: Same with Ezra, for the record. Not that he's worth the cost, but the fact of the matter is they have to charge for the force point. Every turn you don't use his ability, you basically get a free calculate token, and that's powerful. They could still probably bring them down a touch without breaking anything, but that's why they cost so much in the first place.))

Edited by SpiderMana

1 hour ago, Jarval said:

I think at least in part that's down to not just points cost but also the fact that the other options are all quite underwhelming  or overly restrictive on 3 dice primary ships.  Proton Torpedoes add something meaningful to the offensive  output of something like an X-Wing, the others don't.

Barrage rockets are an exception to this mainly because they don't need a target lock to shoot, which makes them much more viable on lower Initiative pilots.

This isn't to say that Proton Torpedoes aren't a bit cheap for what they do, but they don't have much competition either.

What if we went about this a different way and dropped the cost of the other ordnance by 1 point? Ions for 5, most of the weaker missile choices for 2?

18 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I think Kanan crew is worth it for the Force point, depending on the list's desire to use his ability. But yes, please 🤩

((Edit: Same with Ezra, for the record. Not that he's worth the cost, but the fact of the matter is they have to charge for the force point. Every turn you don't use his ability, you basically get a free calculate token, and that's powerful. They could still probably bring them down a touch without breaking anything, but that's why they cost so much in the first place.))

I hear you and get charging for the force point, but I also think they way overcosted the charge for a force point. Especially in since for either Spectre's ability to work you have to spend said Force point. Really it's like the spending of the force point replaced the "once per turn" wording but you can also use it to modify a single die's focus result. But I can't think of anytime I would choose Kanan/Ezra over the cheaper C3PO who, even ignoring his ability would allow you to gain two calculate tokens. Or if you don't want to spend the action then take Saw who is incredible and changing all your focuses into crits. 

It comes down to if Ezra/Kanan were good and costed appropriately, people would use them.

13 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

I hear you and get charging for the force point, but I also think they way overcosted the charge for a force point. Especially in since for either Spectre's ability to work you have to spend said Force point. Really it's like the spending of the force point replaced the "once per turn" wording but you can also use it to modify a single die's focus result. But I can't think of anytime I would choose Kanan/Ezra over the cheaper C3PO who, even ignoring his ability would allow you to gain two calculate tokens. Or if you don't want to spend the action then take Saw who is incredible and changing all your focuses into crits. 

It comes down to if Ezra/Kanan were good and costed appropriately, people would use them.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re still very situational. I’ve flown Gunner Ezra one time, purely to put Maul and hate on Kanan.

But Wookiee’s for one love Kanan as much if not more than in 1e.

Edited by SpiderMana

40 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

What if we went about this a different way and dropped the cost of the other ordnance by 1 point? Ions for 5, most of the weaker missile choices for 2?

I still don't think they'd get taken much to be honest - they're nice options on 2 attack ships, but the reliance on target locks makes them problematic for lower Initiative ships.  Fundamentally, killing things dead is often a better approach than control, particularly with the slightly unreliable nature of the new edition's ion mechanics.