Rebel dude

What is the best podcast for legion?

The three that update weekly are:

Legion Outriders: The original and my personal favorite.  More of a general podcast that talks all things Legion as well as Star Wars news.

The Fifth Trooper: Similar general scope, slightly more focused on discussing games played and recent tournaments.

Notorious Scoundrels: Focused on tactics, strategy, and competitive play.  A bunch of schmucks, really.

30 minutes ago, Orkimedes said:

The three that update weekly are:

Legion Outriders: The original and my personal favorite.  More of a general podcast that talks all things Legion as well as Star Wars news.

The Fifth Trooper: Similar general scope, slightly more focused on discussing games played and recent tournaments.

Notorious Scoundrels: Focused on tactics, strategy, and competitive play.  A bunch of schmucks, really.

Why are they schmucks?

3 minutes ago, Orkimedes said:

I'm being facetious.  One of them is me.

LOL nice.

I was worried that was a comment coming from the "everyone that wants to play competitively is a schmuck" mindset which seems to be quite prevalent on the FB page..

1 minute ago, weebaer said:

LOL nice.

I was worried that was a comment coming from the "everyone that wants to play competitively is a schmuck" mindset which seems to be quite prevalent on the FB page..

Yeah, its weird.  You can always learn things and improve, whether you go to tourneys or not.

14 hours ago, ryanabt said:

No one has said Stabcast. They are one of my favorites. They fit the nice middle between analytic and casual. 

Stabcast is great content.  Just need more of it!

Are any of them well-edited, with presentations and good production values? I'm not interested in the "some guys chatting" type of podcasts, which is all I've ever seen for games like Legion

2 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

Are any of them well-edited, with presentations and good production values? I'm not interested in the "some guys chatting" type of podcasts, which is all I've ever seen for games like Legion

This isn't apples to apples for me, but I've listened to some card game podcasts, and the legion ones seem to have higher production quality and editing. It might still be some dudes chatting, but it sounds clearer and smoother than others I've listened to. This goes for several of the different Legion ones - fifth trooper, stabcast. 

Hadn't listened to Stabcast, so decided to check it out by starting from the beginning, which is before the game officially released.  I do like the podcast and I'm going to listen through all of them, but it's kind of funny to hear things like: 

"Maybe that ion trooper will help with that"

And

"the AT-RT has 2 good weapons... I'm not sold on the flamer"

Just now, Audio Weasel said:

Hadn't listened to Stabcast, so decided to check it out by starting from the beginning, which is before the game officially released.  I do like the podcast and I'm going to listen through all of them, but it's kind of funny to hear things like: 

"Maybe that ion trooper will help with that"

And

"the AT-RT has 2 good weapons... I'm not sold on the flamer"

Oh how opinions change once they meet the test of battle. :D

On 1/17/2019 at 11:29 AM, Orkimedes said:

Stabcast is great content.  Just need more of it!

They had a blip in November/December, but they explain it some in the most recent and I am confident they will be on a 14 day release schedule again.

Love the portion on building a community.

On 1/17/2019 at 12:35 PM, Rebel dude said:

all three are my fave😂have not tried stabcast.

I listen to all of them. Stabcast, for whatever reason is my fav, but they all offer something good.

9 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

Can you elaborate on "Well-edited, with presentations and good production values" and how that differs from "some guys chatting"?  Are you looking for things like no extraneous noise, some dude didn't decide to eat his Taco Bell three inches from the mic, etc?

Oh, and if you're looking for a podcast that's a bunch of FFG sunshine-pumpers, don't listen to the Outriders.  I think FFG screws up just about everything for Legion that isn't contained within the 6x3 playspace, and I am not afraid to voice that opinion.

15 hours ago, Shokupanman said:

Can you elaborate on "Well-edited, with presentations and good production values" and how that differs from "some guys chatting"?  Are you looking for things like no extraneous noise, some dude didn't decide to eat his Taco Bell three inches from the mic, etc?

That's one thing, yeah. The only Legion podcast I've tried listening to had one guy sit across the room from the mike "because he's loud..." Mostly what I mean with production values is something that's edited and put on like a show, such as Serial, 99% Invisible, etc. Not "Turn on mike, chat for 45 minutes with a vague outline of what to talk about, turn mike off, upload recording." What I want probably doesn't exist because there's not enough money in it to make it worthwhile for the creators, but I figured I would ask.

On 1/19/2019 at 6:24 AM, arnoldrew said:

That's one thing, yeah. The only Legion podcast I've tried listening to had one guy sit across the room from the mike "because he's loud..." Mostly what I mean with production values is something that's edited and put on like a show, such as Serial, 99% Invisible, etc. Not "Turn on mike, chat for 45 minutes with a vague outline of what to talk about, turn mike off, upload recording." What I want probably doesn't exist because there's not enough money in it to make it worthwhile for the creators, but I figured I would ask.

Outriders and Fifth Trooper both record with everyone live and have solid editing and production value.

Us Scoundrels are all remote, so we have some recording quality challenges, but we changed our software and picked it up substantially after some lessons learned from the first episode.

Do you want, like, sound effects, or what?  We try to strive for good, well-organized content first but are always looking to improve.

Edited by Orkimedes