TechnoGolem

How rare are Maverick cards?

13 hours ago, KFMixer said:

I've gotten 1 in 9 decks.  The one I got was the witch that reaps to return discard to hand, and she's in logos (so, that's a nice logos card)

Does that deck happen to have Library Access in it? Because that would be awesome!

Mavericks are one of the ways that keyforge will keep unique decks.  There are only a limited number of cards, and then combinations of those cards.  Some uniqueness is granted by the number of cards, meaning that one deck might have one copy of a card while another might have three, and this is where mavericks become powerful.

I have a different question pertaining to mavericks.  If there is a maximum of 3 cards in a deck, is it possible that a fourth is a maverick??  OR, would there only be 2 regular copies of the card and then one maverick?  In my deck, there is one regular copy and one maverick copy of the card.  I can't imagine the power if a maverick gives a fourth copy of a powerful card like a witch

Wow, 5 copies????  I know that some cards are limited to 1 copy per deck, and up to 2 of each horsemen per deck.

Do you have a link to a deck with 5 copies of a single card?

I wonder if a deck with more than 3 copies of a card will show up as "needs verification" on crucible.  I'm just thinking that having 5 out of 12 cards be the same is just too focused/op

Edited by KFMixer

52 minutes ago, KFMixer said:

Wow, 5 copies????  I know that some cards are limited to 1 copy per deck, and up to 2 of each horsemen per deck.

Do you have a link to a deck with 5 copies of a single card?

I wonder if a deck with more than 3 copies of a card will show up as "needs verification" on crucible.  I'm just thinking that having 5 out of 12 cards be the same is just too focused/op

suppose it depends on the card really (like most things with this game), some might just be useless having that many of and not enough of other cards in the pack

7 hours ago, Palpster said:

Cards go up to 5 copies that we’ve seen so far (not sure about max with maverick)

I thought they said in the early interviews that there’s no actual limit, it’s just absurdly improbable. 

36 minutes ago, Palpster said:

I have a deck with 3 Hunting Witch and 3 Shadow Self, sometimes the algorithm is pretty neat like that ;)

My latest deck has 4 Anger, 2 Inspiration, 2 Brobnar 'ready and fight with neighbour'-creatures and one Zakiel who does the same in Sanctum. 9 ways to have creatures fight outside of their house. The boardcontrol and consistency is ridiculous!

38 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

My latest deck has 4 Anger, 2 Inspiration, 2 Brobnar 'ready and fight with neighbour'-creatures and one Zakiel who does the same in Sanctum. 9 ways to have creatures fight outside of their house. The boardcontrol and consistency is ridiculous!

I love the sound of this deck.  Mind linking it?  I've been very unlucky on getting this style of deck yet, which is my ideal playstyle deck.  lol

20 hours ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

I like the thematic weirdness mavericks can create, I have a dis protect the weak in a deck that also features sanctum, kind of as if the knights in my deck started converting the dis daemons to their religion.

Wow, I didn't even think of action/artifact/upgrades as something that could be Maverick. I've only ever seen creatures before. That's really cool.

1 hour ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

That deck list is pretty insane.

I love everything about Vaultkeeper. I have a deck that centers around protection which has Vaultkeeper, Armageddon Cloak and several creatures that provide protection (pretty sure 2 Shadow Self and a couple of taunt).

Edited by debiant

I finally got a maverick card at 14 decks. X.Steele of the Cackling School, (Logos, Sanctum, Untamed), the deck has 2 Wild Wormholes in it, LOL, one in Logos and one in Untamed (Untamed Wild Wormhole makes sense)🤩

My Horseman deck, Aguirre the Decorously Slithering (Dis, Sanctum, Shadow) has 3 Shadow self and a bunch of taunting, most of the time that deck will force you to attack something other than horseman.

Hahah and I also have a deck with Troop call and one Niffle Ape...

Edited by player3686594