TechnoGolem

How rare are Maverick cards?

3 hours ago, saluk64007 said:

They are very rare. I have 1 in 12 decks. I know people with 20 decks who have zero. Most of the players at my locals have none. You're pretty lucky!

I'm hoping for a kelifi in untamed.

Kelifi in Untamed with a Fertility Chant. Oh that would be awesome. :) (108 decks have both cards but not as a Maverick)

I have 8 decks, no mavericks. I have one friend that got one (A Sanctum Raiding Knight in House Shadows) and come to think of it I'm not sure if anyone else at my FLGS got one. I'll have to check on that next time I'm there.

My son just got our first maverick. It's Witch of the Eye; she's a Mars creature. It's funny because I think that's the last place she'd end up thematically. I could see her with Dis because she made a pact with a demon. Mars, though? Maybe she has Stockholm Syndrome. :lol:

Anyways, collectively, our family of five has one Maverick and we own a total of 25 decks. I guess we've been on the unlucky side.

Edited by debiant

I pulled one Maverick (a Dis Commander Remiel) out of the random 4 decks I purchased during the week of launch.  I am now sitting at 40 decks (with one more display case coming in this week), and that is the ONLY maverick I have pulled myself.

5 hours ago, debiant said:

My son just got our first maverick. It's Witch of the Eye; she's a Mars creature. It's funny because I think that's the last place she'd end up thematically. I could see her with Dis because she made a pact with a demon. Mars, though? Maybe she has Stockholm Syndrome. :lol:

Anyways, collectively, our family of five has one Maverick and we own a total of 25 decks. I guess we've been on the unlucky side.

She's had a brain stem antenna permanently attached.

4 hours ago, RaspberryEyes said:

I pulled one Maverick (a Dis Commander Remiel) out of the random 4 decks I purchased during the week of launch.  I am now sitting at 40 decks (with one more display case coming in this week), and that is the ONLY maverick I have pulled myself.

Well, I don’t feel as bad now.

Mine is a logos hebe the huge, which is kind of cool to have a big bruiser in logos. He's bad for my mars creature, but I only have one other logos creature in that deck, so he's actually alright. Hurts my weak mars creatures though.

Most of the maverick's I've seen in other decks have been average to bad.

37 minutes ago, saluk64007 said:

Mine is a logos hebe the huge, which is kind of cool to have a big bruiser in logos. He's bad for my mars creature, but I only have one other logos creature in that deck, so he's actually alright. Hurts my weak mars creatures though.

Most of the maverick's I've seen in other decks have been average to bad.

Brobnar and Logos together at last. 

"Excuse me, this is a lab, there are very sensitiv...Look, I don't know who...Would you stop that."

"Haha, little metal man make funny talk."

I had to buy a deck that I knew had a Maverick in it. 

I haven't seen many Mavericks in play, but then again, I think the game's too young for people to be really sure what a Maverick is. My Maverick card is "Soft Landing" in Logos, and if you've never played against a Mars Deck, the Maverick card... kinda... makes sense there. I mean, Keyforge can be a silly game, so flavour mismatches can fly under the radar.

2 hours ago, TechnoGolem said:

I guess I was extremely lucky. Neither of them seem too useful for their decks. But haven't really tested them much.

So what were your two? Playable or not I think it's one of the most interesting aspects of the "deck algorithms" especially when I consider the possibilities.

1 hour ago, TheSpitfired said:

So what were your two? Playable or not I think it's one of the most interesting aspects of the "deck algorithms" especially when I consider the possibilities.

The Spirit's Way in Untamed.

The Terror in Sanctum. There was also a normal version of this card in the deck.

1 hour ago, TechnoGolem said:

The Spirit's Way in Untamed.

The Terror in Sanctum. There was also a normal version of this card in the deck.

I'd say those sound pretty functional. Especially The Terror in Sanctum! If you have a lot of other board control cards in your deck with Untamed then that's a nice contribution to a potent board wiping strategy. Thanks for sharing!

22 hours ago, debiant said:

I like the thematic weirdness mavericks can create, I have a dis protect the weak in a deck that also features sanctum, kind of as if the knights in my deck started converting the dis daemons to their religion.

According to u/anothersaturdaygone on Reddit, who pulled a bunch of statistics on all the decks that were registered at the time mavericks occur in about 4.02% of decks.  Who knows what percentage of all decks are registered but this is probably pretty close...i'd guess they were aiming for 5%.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KeyforgeGame/comments/9zdfc4/master_vault_deck_statistics/