tsondaboy

Anyone else here prefers the acrylic tokens over the coin ones?

No disrespect meant to FFG since the card contents of all the recent kits are superb.
Still, I find the metal coins a little hard to use with 2.0. They are either too small, like the Q2,Q3 focus/evades or too big like the deluxe wave kit energy tokens.
No color on them also makes them hard to see which side is up or when they are removed by the rules.
I would have preferred the classic acrylic with some color on it even if the back side was not filled Red, a trivial task that most can perform anyway.
Hopefully we will see a return of the acrylic ones in the next sets.

On the other hand, I would not mind that much metal bomb/mine or asteroid tokens. The extra wait of the token would help keeping it in place on board better than the paper acrylic ones and color is not as important. A meta asteroid token would actually look pretty cool IMO.

Yeah I agree with you. I think the metal tokens are a matter of taste really. Some people really love 'em.

They must be more expensive to make than acrylics so I assume we'll see the last of them soon, for better or worse. 

Yep. I don't care for the metal ones -- not enough mass; they feel cheap. Well, they are cheap, but they feel cheaper than they are.

Paint or lacquer to give some color and depth would help a lot.

Edited by Hawkstrike

Same. I have the evades and charges. Evades are quite nice, since there's nothing else to confuse them with on my side, atm. Being largely Imperial, my cardboard evades are getting lost or worn out already.

The charges make little sense to me, they really need colour on one side. 

Sharpie time again.

10 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

I’d be a much bigger fan of the metal tokens if they were a consistent size with the regular cardboard tokens- or even with each other. The lack of color issue is easily solved with a little paint or even some sharpies, but there’s not much you can do about the size. :mellow:

Doubly so when the big ones are way too big to be practical especially the charges. Trying to get 5 of those all with their face visible to see what way up they are on a single card lol.

Also having tokens for which face colour matters have no colour lol

I feel pretty "meh" about them.  Focus and evade ones are nice.  Charges that are on the opponent's cards are annoying to me because depending on lighting conditions, I can't tell if they are face up or face down.  I find this problematic on occasions.

It's a wash for me.  I prefer my ModCubes and -- until the ModCubes get updated -- my Burger Tokens.  So all the acrylic/metal is basically just trophies.  If I used them, then yes, I'd agree ... acrylic is more practical.

I did love the challenge coins, though.  Ended up with 12 or so of those from different events.  Still use one of them as my card-protector when playing poker.

As is, they're a bit difficult to use, but I've had a lot of mileage out of using a Games Workshop glaze paint on them to give them a nice coloured metallic look.  I've only done it to my shield tokens so far, but the charge tokens are next on the list!

10 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

I like my burger tokens as well. But I also like the metal tokens, just painted:

KobInR5.jpg

I ll probably follow your lead on these two. They have enough detail that look ok if painted. Still the energy token leaves much to be desired. Hardly any detail on it so it would look ever worst if painted.