Ryuneke

Let's Build: A squad for Kylo

After some playtesting I'm really not sure what to do with my beloved Kylo Ren. As expected I played him like this:

Kylo Ren (82)
Supernatural Reflexes (12)
Primed Thrusters (8)

Total: 102

I enjoyed him so much. Especially Primed Thrusters are awesome because they add so much flexibility. I tried Kylo without those and regretted it after he get stressed for the first time. 

The thing is that Kylo is super expensive. Not using SR and PT is pretty pointless imo which makes Blackout the way better option.

My question is who should accompany Kylo:

Some Problems I have:

Problem 1) I want a decent bid (10pts. at least)

Problem 2) Whatever I did until now the lists I came up with lacked punch. (Most of the time it's Kylo + 2 Tie FO's)

Do you have any ideas? Or should I run Kylo with different upgrades?

Kylo Ren (82)

Supernatural Reflexes (12)

Primed Thrusters (8)

Total: 102

Lieutenant Tavson (62)

Supreme Leader Snoke (13)

Ion Cannon (5)

Advanced Sensors (8)

Total: 88

This clocks in at 190 points. If Kylo gets outbid or runs into PS6, Snoke can hook him up. Until then a force charge is good on its own. Ion Cannon for control since a 4 die Ion Cannon has a good chance of landing. Advanced Sensors for and action and stall or action and hard turn. Tavson is my favorite since he's low PS. He moves, picks up a lock, gets hit once, focuses, gets hit again, jams or whatever you prefer. Then Kylo goes in to strip tokens and Tavson land a massive Ion shot. Chase game from there. Looks good, cant say how it'll perform.

Two zeta sqdr survivors with spec forces gunners @ 44pts each gives you more firepower and the 10pts bid.

Might be worth it, might not. Havn't tried them yet.

Hmm. I feel like pro torps would be an easy way for Kylo to gaurantee getting the IWSYTDS Condition to trigger (auto crit), but then it's 9 more points on an already expensive ship.

Would Midnight and Null fit into a ten point bid? But I could see what you meant with a firepower problem with only Kylo and two FOs . . .

https://raithos.github.io/?f=First Order&d=v5!s!236:74,178,136,-1,-1:;233:116,-1,-1:;290:116,-1,-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

188 total:

Kylo Ren — TIE Silencer 82
Supernatural Reflexes 12
Primed Thrusters 8
Proton Torpedoes 9
Ship Total: 111
Half Points: 56 Threshold: 3

"Midnight" — TIE/FO Fighter 44
Crack Shot 1
Ship Total: 45
Half Points: 23 Threshold: 2

"Null" — TIE/FO Fighter 31
Crack Shot 1
Ship Total: 32
Half Points: 16 Threshold: 2

Edited by HanScottFirst

Kylo (SR)

QD (FCS, The Gunner)

Null (Squad Leader, Biohexacrypt Codes)

12 point bid. Kylo always does his linky business before he moves, whether from a Null coordinate or SR, leaving him stress free for next round and giving him his usual action, probably a TL. QD has consistent mods. Null can fly with one, probably QD, and have the other locked

3 hours ago, Greebwahn said:

Kylo (SR)

QD (FCS, The Gunner)

Null (Squad Leader, Biohexacrypt Codes)

12 point bid. Kylo always does his linky business before he moves, whether from a Null coordinate or SR, leaving him stress free for next round and giving him his usual action, probably a TL. QD has consistent mods. Null can fly with one, probably QD, and have the other locked

Mh. But if Null dies Kylo is "limited" cause he doesnt have Thrusters. I did some playtesting and found out that Kylo with PT doesnt need Null as a coordinator so I kept Null next to QD or Midnight which is good. The problem with that is that with Null as a coordinator you lose a ship that can do damage. 

The other thing is that Kylo can't always do Autothrusters before he moves. Sometimes you have to use them afterwards leaving you with stress. 

1 hour ago, Sasajak said:

I’d be tempted to also add Fanatical to that.  It keeps her power up when her ability can no longer be used.

Fanatical QD is really good, yes. But I do think that she needs help from a coordinator. Getting into the fight with just a TL means that she'll likely lose all of her shields in one round... Keeping her points down might be the way to go. Juke can be a thing too

What about ....

"Longshot" (33)
Fanatical (2)
Advanced Optics (4)

"Scorch" (35)
Fanatical (2)
Advanced Optics (4)

Total: 80

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Both have a bit extra punch and nice dice mods. A 18pt. bid should be fine.

Edited by Ryuneke