Sign in to follow this  
player3010587

CASHGRAB BY FFG I QUIT (Satire)

When I opened my Rebel conversion kit, I saw that the reverse of Thane's template is...another thane?! I payed monet, and theirrre so cheep as two not maximize the use of that cardboard? Why not another pilot, like Smeagol? Why not split it in two, so that I can fly two Thane's? What a waste! This is a blatant ripoff!

IDK if I can take it anymore, guys. They're getting away with everything. In fact, my FLGS told me that the upcoming dial covers are not free, like WTF?! These cardboard ones are useless and I need to get another set? That's extortion! Not to mention that the conversion kit includes 2 ghosts! Like who has that?! I wasted money on that cardboard!

Knowing them, this stoopid app costs $30 or so. Would not be surprised if they had a deal with phone makers! I miss the days where when I wanted to fly an imperial list, I would spend $120 on 8 TIEs.

Edited by player3010587

Strange. I thought only GW players rage quit. 

Now that I've seen it I gotta say it looks about the same.

At OP- compare the conversion kits to what GW would typically do and you'll see its quite good even by 'industry' standards.  

Edited by Carnor Rex

10 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

I’d fly Smeagol. What would he fly?

To come up with the pilot, (getting in character of the post) I threw my phone at the wall at let autocorrect decide. Smeagol would be young Snoke or what not, flying an I7 quadjumper with a built in cloaking device that automatically recloaks in the end phase if there are no bagginses in play.

-Edit- He also has 1 force so he can equip sense and informant, which adds extra flair to his fully fledged crew card as Snoke.

Edited by player3010587

9 minutes ago, Carnor Rex said:

Strange. I thought only GW players rage quit. 

Now that I've seen it I gotta say it looks about the same.

At OP- compare the conversion kits to what GW would typically do and you'll see its quite good even by 'industry' standards.  

I don't think the character I portrayed would even consider reason, let alone the cost of r&d or the industry standard. Personally, I don't think the transition between editions could have been better (aside from the small annoyance of the app's interface). Just thought that it's been a while since we last had a good sithpost.

OK, I thought about this. Smeagol should probably be a double-sided crew card.

Side 1: Smeagol

When you move through or land on an obstacle, you may flip this card.

(This represents Smeagol finding the ring.)

Side 2: Gollum

Action: Perform a cloak action.

At the start of the Planning Phase, if you have a cloak token, roll one attack die. On a focus result, suffer one critical damage.

(This represents Gollum using the ring and the Eye of Sauron seeing him.)

16 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Who labelled it as satire? Part of this was an experiment of who reads the body and not just the headline, lol.

I honestly read the title, read your alias, read the post... and seriously couldn't tell if it was an inept rage dump or not... "Bye?" seemed appropriate. Went back and re-read... it was re-reading that final line about buying 8 TIEs straight up that tipped me over.

2 hours ago, player3010587 said:

When I opened my Rebel conversion kit, I saw that the reverse of Thane's template is...another thane?! I payed monet, and theirrre so cheep as two not maximize the use of that cardboard? Why not another pilot, like Smeagol? Why not split it in two, so that I can fly two Thane's? What a waste! This is a blatant ripoff!

IDK if I can take it anymore, guys. They're getting away with everything. In fact, my FLGS told me that the upcoming dial covers are not free, like WTF?! These cardboard ones are useless and I need to get another set? That's extortion! Not to mention that the conversion kit includes 2 ghosts! Like who has that?! I wasted money on that cardboard!

Knowing them, this stoopid app costs $30 or so. Would not be surprised if they had a deal with phone makers! I miss the days where when I wanted to fly an imperial list, I would spend $120 on 8 TIEs.

That they had to edit the title to make it clear you were making a joke is extremely telling in a sad way... :(

Edited by Hiemfire

5 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

But seriously FFG why no Smeagol pilot? #savesmeagol

Just fly Snoke and refer to him as "Darth Smeagol!" I mean, who does not hear Gollum when he says "Raw, untamed, Power!"? In fact, when flipping dials:

"Give it to us raw, and wwwwwwrrrrrriiiiiiiigggggggllllliiiimnnng! You can keep your nasty ships!"