Cubanboy

Best Armada Moment from this year

Oddly my proudest moments from last year isnt 2nd place at Liverpool regionals or top 4 at euros. Its getting battered by @Vae at London regionals when he took 1st place with my Liverpool list. It was nice to feel highly responsible for the dual ISD meta we had in the uk for a while.

Similarly @Lightrock winning Polish nationals with a Sloane Phantom list makes me proud too. 

My brother and I did a CC and a friend of mine wanted to play a game. So I set up a scenario where the Empire and Rebels got a drop on a scum fleet while they were trading black market weapons. We both had a 350 point fleet coming in from each short side of the map while the 3rd player had a fleet of 450 mostly small ships starting in the center of the map. His goal was to reach one of either short edge with one of his ship that had the secretly determined objective token.  Our goal was to killed the ship with the token, pick it up and escape by exiting one of the short side edges. If the scum fleet got the token to one of the short edges he would escape and win. To up the stakes even more if one player caught the scrum ship with the token they could add a "black market modified" concentrate fire upgrade card to any ship on one of their fleets. It was a great match coming down to all scum ships getting destroyed except 1 which had the token (he had to reveal when it was destroyed and drop the objective token) and both players having one Last shot on it before it escaped. In the end my brother destroyed it picked up the token and got away with it. One of my favorite 3 player variants I came up with.

Edited by Fallenwolf15

Has to be me and my regular sparring partner winning 10-1 in round 1 and catching each other at top table of Aus nats round 2, to then mutually table each other because we knew each other's lists inside and out. Was definitely the best game of armada I've ever had

On 12/16/2018 at 2:34 AM, Fallenwolf15 said:

My brother and I did a CC and a friend of mine wanted to play a game. So I set up a scenario where the Empire and Rebels got a drop on a scum fleet while they were trading black market weapons. We both had a 350 point fleet coming in from each short side of the map while the 3rd player had a fleet of 450 mostly small ships starting in the center of the map. His goal was to reach one of either short edge with one of his ship that had the secretly determined objective token.  Our goal was to killed the ship with the token, pick it up and escape by exiting one of the short side edges. If the scum fleet got the token to one of the short edges he would escape and win. To up the stakes even more if one player caught the scrum ship with the token they could add a "black market modified" concentrate fire upgrade card to any ship on one of their fleets. It was a great match coming down to all scum ships getting destroyed except 1 which had the token (he had to reveal when it was destroyed and drop the objective token) and both players having one Last shot on it before it escaped. In the end my brother destroyed it picked up the token and got away with it. One of my favorite 3 player variants I came up with.

@Fallenwolf15 What was the scum fleet building rules and what ships did they have access to? . I'd love to run this some time

Edited by Vipcard3

On 12/17/2018 at 12:59 PM, Vipcard3 said:

@Fallenwolf15 What was the scum fleet building rules and what ships did they have access to? . I'd love to run this some time

The idea was to give them a lot of ships they could hide the objective with.  So all small ships except the Flag ship which we decided could be medium.  They mostly only had 1 upgrade. 

Edited by Fallenwolf15

Regionals at the beginning of the year. First round of 4 was a 6-5 tie putting me about top 15 or so. Second round was so horrible, I don’t think I killed a single enemy ship (close range with an ISD1 BT/Avenger? Watch me not kill the enemy ship... Demo shooting a stationary ship? Watch me not kill it...)

So, round 3 was much more relaxed for me down at one of the bottom tables, ended up a 10-1 victory, and the final round also ended up a 10-1 victory. 

I ended up edging @Truthiness out for the 8th spot based on MoV after being down at the bottom tables halfway through the tournament.

I wondered a long time what was my best Armada moment 2018. There have been so many happy Armada moments, I won a SC and played in a bigger tournament. We played a Corellian Conflict Campaign with refined rules (All-Out Offensive after 4 rounds will be next Saturday). I played with a nice American fellow who came to Munich and I found a friend at a tourney with whom I started to play quite regularly.

But now I remembered the best moment: When I had prepared for the Store Championship I packed all stuff in a bag. But late at night I wondered if I should change 1-2 cards. So I ran down in the cellar, unpacked, pondered about the list and then decided to leave all things as it had been. Next day friends came to drive to the store about an hour away. I ran down in the cellar, took my bag and off we went. It was a nice trip. At the store I unpacked my fleet and noticed -- I left all my cards, ship cards, squadron cards and upgrade cards at home! I always write down my list at a piece of paper, so I coud show exactly what should be in it, but -- no cards, no legal list! I apologized to my opponent, went to the store owner. But all comrades were fine. And after a few minutes several players volunteered to give me the needed cards. Only 5 minutes after I thought I had to resign, I had a complete list due to the kindness of the other players. And THAT was my best Armada-moment 2018.

My favorite moment was at a local store tourney, where I was having fun playing around with ISD/VSD/VSD no squads... I managed to table my opponent, but he got so many points off of superior positions from his squads, that he ended up winning the match.

1 hour ago, Khyros said:

My favorite moment was at a local store tourney, where I was having fun playing around with ISD/VSD/VSD no squads... I managed to table my opponent, but he got so many points off of superior positions from his squads, that he ended up winning the match.

Just clarifying the rule because this question came up in a thread a few days ago.  If you tabled your opponent, shouldn't you have won the match?  According to the below thread, you should have won 6-5 but received a MOV of 0.

4 minutes ago, Admiral Calkins said:

Just clarifying the rule because this question came up in a thread a few days ago.  If you tabled your opponent, shouldn't you have won the match?  According to the below thread, you should have won 6-5 but received a MOV of 0.

Huh, if that's correct, then yes, I should have won 6-5 instead of lost 5-6.  

I played a massive 600 point battle with my brother and a friend and it ended with a one on one between a raider 1 with assault proton torpedoes and ordinance experts, vs a mc30 fully decked out and shielded. End of round six with 3 critical hits on the mc30 and a blown up raider. Closest game we have ever had😁