Cubanboy

Best Armada Moment from this year

I went to my first tournament this year, and I've gone to three more since then!

My favorite part overall has been discovering how welcoming the community is, and meeting new friends that are somewhat local and also enjoy Armada!

Oh and getting 4th place in a seasonal tournament was pretty cool too. Haven't been able to replicate the "success" yet but I still have fun. 

If I remember this right, my MC30 Scout with OE, TRC and Ex Racks (plus Ackbar) parked in front of an ISD with full hull and 2 shields. Get my son to roll for me, and after all is said and done, I get 12 hits. Then I remember my dial which is a Concentrate fire. 😀

- Have played five competitve games across 2 store championships. Of those five games, I have played blockade run five times. I like blockade run.

- Arquitens with EA, Con-fire dial and token fires against the rear arc of an ISD. I go to roll, my foe calls as I go release the dice from my hands, "Its going to be ten hits..." it was ten hits. We laughed for a solid five minutes. I didnt even need the token.

Making Top Table at Regionals in the Third round and holding on for 4th and the Acrylic Rulers.

This was just after Wave 7 Dropped and I played my Tarkin/Soveriegn/ET Arquitens list for the first time which became the closest thing to a Net List/Archetype/Meta defining list I will ever have.  I actually think that was the best part, seeing other folks playing versions of a list I originated.  It isn't super strong but it is super fun and it can be competitive.

Edited by Thrindal

Playing Thrawn 2 ship, yeah I have such a pull to go back and play it again, but im going back to rebels  for the first time since wave 1, to show the local area they can still win as they have fallen out of favor in my area.

Playing a fleet which looked something like this and scoring 20+ victory tokens...

Fleet Faction: Rebel

Commander: Leia Organa 

Navigation: Sensor Net 

MC80 Command Cruiser (106) • Leia Organa (38) • Fighter Coordination Team (3) • Independence (8) = 155 Points 

CR90 Corvette A (44) • Fighter Coordination Team (3) = 47 Points 

Hammerhead Scout Corvette (41) • Boosted Comms (4) = 45 Points 

GR-75 Combat Retrofits (24) • Boosted Comms (4) • Quantum Storm (1) = 29 Points 

Squadrons: • 3 x VCX-100 Freighter (45) • Biggs Darklighter (19) • Wedge Antilles (19) • YT-1300 (13) • 2 x X-wing Squadron (26) = 122 Points 

Total Points: 398

Playing against my friend who constantly beats me, I managed to kill his ISD flagship with a lonely TRC Jaina's Light with a flank shot that would've otherwise been obstructed because of his EWS and wouldn't have been enough. This resulted in a table. 

My friend is part of our Gloomhaven 4-man and when we started  in August I chose to play as the Brute (think warrior/tank type) and every time I would do my big combo attack I would yell "By Jaina's Light, I smite thee!!" 

Edited by eliteone