Force Majeure

Showcase: Sith Infiltrator

On 4/7/2019 at 8:50 PM, Polda said:

lPjf6fn.jpg

This is so awesome. And unbeatable. Airbrush?

Funnily, I made an almost similar paintscheme independently.

"Commission" for one of my children, and it decided for "aubergine"-colour. (There is a WIP picture in my corner from 31th march). No airbrush, and not your skill.

fV9uXK7l.jpg

Q15aazqh.jpg

On 4/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, Managarmr said:

This is so awesome. And unbeatable. Airbrush?

Funnily, I made an almost similar paintscheme independently.

"Commission" for one of my children, and it decided for "aubergine"-colour. (There is a WIP picture in my corner from 31th march). No airbrush, and not your skill.

fV9uXK7l.jpg

Q15aazqh.jpg

I like the accent color and the cloaking job.

On mine I mixed a bit of airbrushing with drybrushing. I only own a revell starter kit airbrush which is pretty awful for anything else except covering large areas in a single color. Otherwise the smallest are it can paint is kinda 2cm diameter? 
So > that long highlight on top of the red hull has the pink-ish underlayer airbrushed. Then some of the longer straighter parts of the "glow" part of the cloak effect. Anything smaller or more jagged was done with a small flat, soft bristled brush and dry-brushing (as were two corner highlighted on the flats in front of the sphere section and on top of the bridge sphere section itself. 

You can get very good glow effects by layering subtle drybrushing and don't need an airbrush at all.  

All you need is small soft flat brush or a small round brush with the tip cut off and some nice bright paint (Vallejo Model Color Deep Sky Blue and Andrea Blue is what I use for cloak effects).

Wipe as much paint as you can into a paper towel and then make circles with the brush on the model. You can leave a bit more paint on and end up with a more grainy finish than if you built it up layer by layer but standing over the table looking down you can't tell the difference.

Note: I could not make the long nose look good with this "red metal" finish I was going for because I am bad at blending on large flat areas, that's why most of it is cloaked. There are two or three thin layers of failure under that black starry finish :P

This guy right here does Non Metallic Metal effects with mostly drybrushing! 

EDIT: One more example of how far something as simple as drybrushing with a small brush can get you 😉

The three Fangs at the back (red, blue, green) have the front sections airbrushed BUT the front one's gold wings were done entirely by drybrushing. 
40708165_964945837046970_875373520861400 

Edited by Polda

On 12/9/2018 at 11:12 AM, morphelia said:

Cool, I go first! This one's from Revell mode kit and fits perfectly to x-wing scale:
[Images]

How does the Revell model compare to the FFG one in terms of scale? Would it be immediately apparent which was which if they were placed side by side?

On 4/8/2019 at 12:39 PM, Frimmel said:

I hate you. (I mean that as one of the highest compliments I can muster.) 

On 4/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, CyCo said:

He means, he hates you with love.

:wub:;)

Y’all made me think of this:

- King George addressing the colonies in the musical “Hamilton” (singing) -

... I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love, da dada da da ...

On 5/2/2019 at 3:38 AM, MalusCalibur said:

How does the Revell model compare to the FFG one in terms of scale? Would it be immediately apparent which was which if they were placed side by side?

Actually I can't say for I don't own the FFG one. The amazon link says it's 1:257, and by looking at pics of the FFG infiltrator in comparison to its base I'd say the Revell kit looks a wee – but quite noticeable – bit smaller.