Ophion

SSD best guess of release date?

16 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

That seems semi-reasonable, if we assume the ORJ hosts are telling the truth and that Wave 8 is like three weeks into playtesting.  Hopefully they are wrong, though, and Wave 8 has already been developed, tested, and approved.  I would expect that most waves would be just about wrapped up on the developmental side of things well before the previous wave hits shelves.  To wait until just before the SSD drops to start developing the next wave is sort of a weird choice, given that the SSD probably finished development a year or more ago.

Just to ensure I didn't relay wrong information.

TORJ said AT LEAST when they spoke of how long it had been in playtesting. So that leaves it rather open ended.

March 29th is just the last business day of the 1st quarter of 2019. Amazon is being pessimistic in their interpretation of FFG’s announcement that the SSD would be released early in the 1st quarter. Amazon doesn’t know anything more than we do.

4 hours ago, RobertK said:

March 29th is just the last business day of the 1st quarter of 2019. Amazon is being pessimistic optimistic in their interpretation of FFG’s announcement that the SSD would be released early in the 1st quarter. Amazon doesn’t know anything more than we do.

☺️

3 hours ago, Lord Tareq said:

☺️

Ha! That may well be true! But I still maintain that the SSD will be released in mid-January to disrupt the meta of the Regionals FFG will host on 1/26. :) 

8 minutes ago, RobertK said:

Ha! That may well be true! But I still maintain that the SSD will be released in mid-January to disrupt the meta of the Regionals FFG will host on 1/26. :) 

I think this would be perfect. I plan on going to a regionals on FEB. 3rd, and it would make me giggle if someone had an SSD there.

4 hours ago, Suermel said:

Hi Guys, 

this just in - a German major retailer for Armada stuff has the english Version of the SSD sheduled for December 2018 ;) 

Screen.JPG

They haven't been very accurate with their guesses in the past, somehow, so I would not rely on it.

Best guess on it would be 6 weeks for production plus 8 weeks for transport plus 2 weeks for shipping was the usual time span for both, X-Wing and Armada waves in the past. If the upcoming page was correct and up to date. Is there any intel on the Spanish or French asmodee-pages, by any chance? They were in better shape than the ffg-homepage. September 6th is quite a long time without status upgrades...

Just a dream scenario, wouldn't be nice if it was at the stores just a week before X-mas, but then it would be the target of all the desperate parents who are buying last minute gifts who would confuse SSD with a big Star Warsy toy.

nevermind, end of January, February, March is just fine 

On 12/6/2018 at 6:21 PM, ninclouse2000 said:

I’d be curious to find out what status the ssd is in on the Spanish site.  They’ve been far more accurate for the last few months, at least for Legion releases.  Chewie skipped being on the boat and went straight to shipping now I believe. 

I believe wave 4 did the same. Or spent, like a week, listed as on the boat.

Asmodee in Germany wont make a German Version of the SSD. Does not sound promising 😕 Maybe the dont expect a lot of sales to that expansion ?

Edited by Suermel

Well... Would YOU? It's the priceiest expansion for any tabletop wargame I saw so far. You can't field more than one in your fleet so even if every Armada player buys in, they will sell far less than of other expansions. Nobody buys two SSDs but many buy two ISDs, MC80s etc.

2 hours ago, Norell said:

Well... Would YOU? It's the priceiest expansion for any tabletop wargame I saw so far. You can't field more than one in your fleet so even if every Armada player buys in, they will sell far less than of other expansions. Nobody buys two SSDs but many buy two ISDs, MC80s etc.

I would not say nobody, there are some of us out there that get one model for every title.

3 hours ago, Norell said:

I have two preordered and really want a third though I will need to wait quite a while before I will get it.  

5 hours ago, Norell said:

My FLGS told me they're ordering at least a dozen of the SSDs as they expect them to fly off the shelves. 

I'm planning to get two of them.  I currently have one pre-ordered, and I'll reserve the second once the release date becomes known.