Sign in to follow this  
Yipe

Fury of the Bear

Cymrusaint, Stailngrad needs it's own game in my opinion. The scenarios i remember doing covered Korsun,Kanev,Kursk and Orel all 1943 or later. now i don't know  for sure if they are all included.

BJaffe01

BJaffe01, I was thinking that myself. The Stalingrad expansion with city street maps, and rules for urban warfare. Once they have the rules in place they could do more city maps for specific cities i.e. Berlin, Caen. They could also include wide rivers with decent sized bridges.

Cymrusaint said:

The Stalingrad expansion with city street maps, and rules for urban warfare. Once they have the rules in place they could do more city maps for specific cities i.e. Berlin, Caen. They could also include wide rivers with decent sized bridges.

YES!

YES!

YES!

babeo.gif

BJaffe01 said:

Stailngrad needs it's own game in my opinion.

I agree. The Western Front has already two boxe (base game and Normandy), so why not make two boxes for the even larger Eastern Ftront theater of war?

Cyscott1 said:

I'd like to see map/scenario packs. A pack of 9 maps with a scenario book selling for under $30.

Good idea. Add to that a couple of operation cards specific to the campaign or batlle, and this sounds attractive.

I'll be quite happy if the new addition to TOI is up to the high standards of its predecessors. Tank and infantry combat between the Soviets and Germans in a non-urban environment will be a great way to spend a weekend.

It would be good to have an urban combat supplement as well.  That could include Stalingrad, Breslau, Berlin...

Imagine the battle of Königsplatz. The last two German regiments with an immobilized Tiger I hold their ground in front of the Reichstag. Against them roll the waves of NKVD and elite Russian soldiers with arty support.:-)

Hi!

I can not await to take a look on the new rules.

Does anybody remember how long did it take from announcing the new expansion to get a download of the rules from the FFG support page?

BJaffe01 said:

Cymrusaint, Stailngrad needs it's own game in my opinion. The scenarios i remember doing covered Korsun,Kanev,Kursk and Orel all 1943 or later. now i don't know  for sure if they are all included.

BJaffe01

Does that mean there are no pre-1942 scenarios in FoTB??? I hope not! I'd like to get some Barbarossa action as well!

I don't think there are any pre 42 Scenarios. In a way though that's okay as 41-42 sceanarios are hard to balance. Also other than Days of the Fox all the other Expansions concentrate on 44 or later.

BJaffe01

BJaffe01 said:

I don't think there are any pre 42 Scenarios. In a way though that's okay as 41-42 sceanarios are hard to balance. Also other than Days of the Fox all the other Expansions concentrate on 44 or later.

BJaffe01

OK, in a way I do agree that's good news, because hopefully we'll get another Eastern front expansion then one day. I don't agree with your assessment that such scenarios would be hard to balance: it all depends on the victory conditions. Take for example the game " Eastfront" , there's no way the Russians can stop the Germans while playing the Barbarossa scenario that comes with that game, but they can deny them strategic objectives, inflict heavy casualties, delay them, withdraw etc. In this scenario the Germans actually need to do better than they did historically in 1941, so it's hard enough on the Germans! For TOI as well, you could say that the Germans need to accomplish their objectives in a limited number of turns, with minimal casualties, destroy x % of the Russian army etc. I mean, if it were really impossible to make balanced scenarios for the Barbarossa campaign, then how did Conflict of Heroes, Awakening the Bear manage to do that?!cool.gif 

Kingtiger said:

I don't agree with your assessment that such scenarios would be hard to balance: it all depends on the victory conditions. 

Sure you are right, BJaffe was probably quicker to write than think.:-) Barbarossa unbalanced, well, what about the base game and Normandy? How historically balanced was that?

I rather see it as a cunning move from the FFG. By doing so, they keep the space for Designer Series Volume 2 that may include fantastic scenarios from Barbarossa.

As long as this is true and the scenarios are good and numerous, it is a fair move as far as I am concerned.

Conflict balanced scenarios they way you suggested the Germans must win quickly without taking huge losses. the same is possible in Tide and that's all i was implying. good Scenarios involve many componets and victory conditions are the toughest to figure out.

BJaffe01

BJaffe01 said:

Conflict balanced scenarios they way you suggested the Germans must win quickly without taking huge losses. the same is possible in Tide and that's all i was implying. good Scenarios involve many componets and victory conditions are the toughest to figure out.

BJaffe01

I couldn't agree more! Jut a misunderstanding or misinterpretation of your initial post, perhaps....

Hello @ all!

Today I ask my favorite local boardgame dealer about the release date of "Futy of the bear"

He told me the release for middle europe is planed for July 2010. He thought that realistic date will be the 3rd quarter of 2010.

That is a long time to wait :-(

Lynyrd said:

He told me the release for middle europe is planed for July 2010. He thought that realistic date will be the 3rd quarter of 2010.

That is a long time to wait :-(

Actually, I think that is good news. I thought it would take the expansion much longer to get here.

And I hope they have streamlined the overall rules system. I have just read all rulebooks again and the design has taken different directions with each expansion. To me, there seems to be a lack of consistency in many of the concepts introduced in the expansion.