Sign in to follow this  
Yipe

Fury of the Bear

FFG has just announced the next expansion for ToI.  What can I say, life is good.  And to all those that didn't give up hope in FFG and this game, you can now breathe a big sigh of relief.  Heck, just looking at that cover art makes the cryptic "stay tuned" comments from a few months ago worth the wait.

So... what do you want to see in this set?  Any particular vehicles?  Scenarios?  Board types?

Edit:  I just caught the increased price tag as well.  Perhaps this means the Soviet Union will have a full-scale army equal to the US and Germany (unlike the British from Days of the Fox)?  I'm hoping for a huge Kursk scenario with just vehicles and AT guns.

I noticed this expansion has a $20 higher price point than the two previous expansions which would be in tune with the large amounts of plastic indicated in the preview.

Obviously there will be lots of tanks but the preview also mentions new figures for the Germans, which would be interesting to see what they can come up with beyond the options already there.

I must admit I was kind of hoping for a Pacific expansion (maybe after watching the series) but this should still be a great addition. Hopefully there will be at least 8 sceanrios ala Normandy. Probably they'll touch on stuff from Barbarosa through to Kursk.

Grand Stone said:

Nah it will definitivly be the same color as in Axis and allies.

I'm interested in the specilizations...

I'm going with Brown.

Maybe we'll see shock troops or militia. But what I'd really like to see is Heros.

Cyscott1 said:

I'm going with Brown.

Maybe we'll see shock troops or militia. But what I'd really like to see is Heros.

I'd love to have different types of infantry, whether they're SMG-armed soldiers, militia, partisans or even guerrillas, but please - no heroes.

ToI isn't Warhammer.  I like the fact that everything is fairly vanilla and only the units involved are named - not the individuals.  The last thing I want to see is a Michael Wittmann or Vasily Zaytsev figure that bestows some magical bonus dice to their rolls.  Just give me a nameless "Veteran X" or "Ace X" card to use for a scenario and call it good.

TeufelHund said:

I noticed this expansion has a $20 higher price point than the two previous expansions which would be in tune with the large amounts of plastic indicated in the preview.

Where is the price of this listed? I have seen other people indicate that it is $20 more than the other 2 box expansions but I seem to be having a hard time locating any official FFG information about it.

Lebatron said:

Great news! And hopefully along with it they update the scenario editor so the community can add value to the product line.

I would second that!!

Yipe said:

please - no heroes.

ToI isn't Warhammer. 

I agree. Unusual bravery and skill should mostly happen during play.

You want Wittmann? Combine Tank Ace an Elite Crew.

You want Zaytzev? Reshuffle the sniper card back into the deck after use during urban combat.

Scenario special rules make almost everything possible.

The main thing I was looking forward to from this expansion was street fighting, but having read what little there is available at present, I can see no mention of this. It sounds as if they are consentrating more on the tank battles. If this expasion does not include new rules for street fighting and city maps I will be disappointed, as when I think off the Russian campaign I think of Stalingrad. The original game and the other expansions have already done tank battles and fighting in open spaces, I hoped this would bring something new i.e. fighting in cities.

Cymrusaint said:

The main thing I was looking forward to from this expansion was street fighting, but having read what little there is available at present, I can see no mention of this. It sounds as if they are consentrating more on the tank battles. If this expasion does not include new rules for street fighting and city maps I will be disappointed, as when I think off the Russian campaign I think of Stalingrad. The original game and the other expansions have already done tank battles and fighting in open spaces, I hoped this would bring something new i.e. fighting in cities.

Indeed! Although I do look forward to "new mechanics", street-street urban combat with special maps (hex format is not necessary) is at the top of my list for freshening up the TOI concept. If that is included, my money is all in.

I really look forward to seeing how TOI incorporates the russian command structure.  Both AAM and M44 have significantly handicapped the Russians with comisars and political officers.  Can't wait to see what TOI comes up with,