Zhuding

I want to play AHLcg but...

I first saw mansions of madness, and quickly grew interest in it, even download the app from Google store to catch some spirit of the game.

However I don't have enough table space and a computer near the table, so I have to cancel the idea of buying one copy...

Then I turn to its 'sister' game AHLcg, it doesn't need as much space as Mansions of Madness does, And I had my experiences in TCGs/CCGs like: MTG, Hearthstone and Gwent, when I know there is A LCG that no 'boost packs', and I got exactly same cards with anyone who bought the same product, I was crazy...

Then I start to watch videos, browse forums and comments, figuring where to buy and how much is the shipping cost...

Simultaneously,I've asked my colleges, brother and girlfriend if they have interest... I was unhappy about the fact that I'll have to play solo now, coz they won't play...

Also in my country Asmodee sell only Chinese editions of the AHLcg, which are still need to be corrected, there are some translation errors on cards....

I was so eager to play the English Edition of the game, even called the Asmodee compony service in China for purchasing, but they just don't have any English copy in stock.

In the end, I am here want to ask you how can I find a playmate or 'create' one, because I want to experience 'co-op' more than solo.

Yes, I currently don't own the game, but I will, this game is on my must-play list, I love those cards and horrific stories.

Edited by Zhuding

My wife and I started playing this game by ourselves, but once we demonstrated it to our board gaming group, several of them bought their own copies and we play regularly.

I found my gaming group by using the internet - in my country it's an app called "Meet Up"

If Facebook is available to you, then there is an Arkham Horror LCG Facebook group which may connect players in your country as well.

Correct English wordings, rules, and FAQS can be found on arkhamdb.com and on the FFG product page. I'm uncertain about other localizations.

Best of luck! 

9 hours ago, Zhuding said:

I first saw mansions of madness, and quickly grew interest in it, even download the app from Google store to catch some spirit of the game.

However I don't have enough table space and a computer near the table, so I have to cancel the idea of buying one copy...

Then I turn to its 'sister' game AHLcg, it doesn't need as much space as Mansions of Madness does, And I had my experiences in TCGs/CCGs like: MTG, Hearthstone and Gwent, when I know there is A LCG that no 'boost packs', and I got exactly same cards with anyone who bought the same product, I was crazy...

Then I start to watch videos, browse forums and comments, figuring where to buy and how much is the shipping cost...

Simultaneously,I've asked my colleges, brother and girlfriend if they have interest... I was unhappy about the fact that I'll have to play solo now, coz they won't play...

Also in my country Asmodee sell only Chinese editions of the AHLcg, which are still need to be corrected, there are some translation errors on cards....

I was so eager to play the English Edition of the game, even called the Asmodee compony service in China for purchasing, but they just don't have any English copy in stock.

In the end, I am here want to ask you how can I find a playmate or 'create' one, because I want to experience 'co-op' more than solo.

Yes, I currently don't own the game, but I will, this game is on my must-play list, I love those cards and horrific stories.

It's hard for my group (all of them are married and have kids) to get together reliably.  When we all do, it is fantastic, but more often I have to play by myself.  I don't do solo, though.  I use 2 investigators and manage them both.  It works really well in this game.

The core set is tough, especially if you only have 1 copy of the core set because you can't really deckbuild (they're aren't enough available cards) and you are limited to which characters you can choose at a time because the cards they need overlap.  The possible choices (with only a single core set) are Roland w/ Wendy or Agnes; Daisy with "Skids" or Wendy; "Skids" with Agnes or Daisy; Agnes w/ Roland or "Skids"Wendy w/ Daisy or Roland.  The game recommends starting with Roland & Wendy, which is a solid pairing.

The more product you have, the less restricted you are.

I like AH:LCG more than Mansions (not by a lot, mind you) but Mansions is easier to play by yourself with multiple investigators.

9 hours ago, Iuchi Toshimo said:

My wife and I started playing this game by ourselves, but once we demonstrated it to our board gaming group, several of them bought their own copies and we play regularly.

I found my gaming group by using the internet - in my country it's an app called "Meet Up"

If Facebook is available to you, then there is an Arkham Horror LCG Facebook group which may connect players in your country as well.

Correct English wordings, rules, and FAQS can be found on arkhamdb.com and on the FFG product page. I'm uncertain about other localizations.

Best of luck! 

Thank u, I don't have Facebook, may be I should try other social apps as u recommended to use tools for finding player groups.

8 hours ago, Duciris said:

It's hard for my group (all of them are married and have kids) to get together reliably.  When we all do, it is fantastic, but more often I have to play by myself.  I don't do solo, though.  I use 2 investigators and manage them both.  It works really well in this game.

The core set is tough, especially if you only have 1 copy of the core set because you can't really deckbuild (they're aren't enough available cards) and you are limited to which characters you can choose at a time because the cards they need overlap.  The possible choices (with only a single core set) are Roland w/ Wendy or Agnes; Daisy with "Skids" or Wendy; "Skids" with Agnes or Daisy; Agnes w/ Roland or "Skids"Wendy w/ Daisy or Roland.  The game recommends starting with Roland & Wendy, which is a solid pairing.

The more product you have, the less restricted you are.

I like AH:LCG more than Mansions (not by a lot, mind you) but Mansions is easier to play by yourself with multiple investigators.

I'll try play solo first, coz I was not comfortable when I had to 'control' multiple Characters in games. Currently I'm still calculating the shipping cost from US to China, and I find that the more products I buy in one single package, the average shipping cost of each product would be reduced.

I would love to try playing two investigators at the same time! Thank u!

You might have an easier time getting your friends to play due to the fact that they don't have to buy anything. I consistently play with a group of three and I have never had a need for them to buy anything. Two cores and the cards for whatever campaign you are playing at the time is more than enough for everyone to play and have a top tier deck. No purchases by your friends would be necessary. 

17 hours ago, Elrodthealbino said:

You might have an easier time getting your friends to play due to the fact that they don't have to buy anything. I consistently play with a group of three and I have never had a need for them to buy anything. Two cores and the cards for whatever campaign you are playing at the time is more than enough for everyone to play and have a top tier deck. No purchases by your friends would be necessary. 

Thanks, The promo cards in those novellas are truly exclusive right?

1 hour ago, Zhuding said:

Thanks, The promo cards in those novellas are truly exclusive right?

They are.  At an undisclosed time, each of the novella investigators will be available in expansions; however, they will have their normal signature cards and different art (and backstory on their investigator card backs).  For instance, Roland Banks from the Core set has Roland's .38 Special & Cover Up:

01001.png01006.png01007.png

His novella comes with Mysterious Remains & The Dirge of Reason:

nah11_book_title.png

The novellas are actually really good reads, and the signature cards are thematically tied to their novellas.  On that note, the signature cards from the novellas are Replacement cards - they can either replace the investigator's normal signatures, or be in addition to those signatures in your deck.

As for resources you may or may not know about, here are 3 useful card viewers:

• CardGameDB is supposedly owned by FFG and can be used to create decks or view cards.
  • ArkhamDB is not owned by FFG, but is updated by someone on these forums.  I find it easier to use for the same effects.
  • https://ffgapp.com/qr/AHC01 is the first QR code on the back of the box.  If you increment the last 2 digits (02, 03, 04, ...) you can find all of the cards in pretty good resolution.

FFG doesn't allow us to host images on this site, but if you get the web address of the cards (from any of the above sites) you can easily post them on these forums.  It's how I do it.

9 hours ago, Duciris said:

They are.  At an undisclosed time, each of the novella investigators will be available in expansions; however, they will have their normal signature cards and different art (and backstory on their investigator card backs).  For instance, Roland Banks from the Core set has Roland's .38 Special & Cover Up:

01001.png01006.png01007.png

His novella comes with Mysterious Remains & The Dirge of Reason:

nah11_book_title.png

The novellas are actually really good reads, and the signature cards are thematically tied to their novellas.  On that note, the signature cards from the novellas are Replacement cards - they can either replace the investigator's normal signatures, or be in addition to those signatures in your deck.

As for resources you may or may not know about, here are 3 useful card viewers:

• CardGameDB is supposedly owned by FFG and can be used to create decks or view cards.
  • ArkhamDB is not owned by FFG, but is updated by someone on these forums.  I find it easier to use for the same effects.
  • https://ffgapp.com/qr/AHC01 is the first QR code on the back of the box.  If you increment the last 2 digits (02, 03, 04, ...) you can find all of the cards in pretty good resolution.

FFG doesn't allow us to host images on this site, but if you get the web address of the cards (from any of the above sites) you can easily post them on these forums.  It's how I do it.

That's very kind of you, really appreciate! So can I find images of promo/book cards in those three websites? I found BBG file has files of six book investigators..

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:14 PM, Zhuding said:

That's very kind of you, really appreciate! So can I find images of promo/book cards in those three websites? I found BBG file has files of six book investigators..

6?  I know of 5.  There was a promo alt-art version of Daisy Walker for the Invocation 2017 (special in-store play) & Marie Lambeu was a promo character if you pre-ordered the Investigators of Arkham book.  She won't be different when she is finally released.

For images, check those sites and also check FFG's Arkham Fiction page.  There are some of the images there.