Crabbok

You know what?

12 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

It's gonna get better.   One day we're gonna have Armada products releasing... new articles... new stuff revealed.... new strategies to consider.... new ships to buy, and maybe even to budget for!    It's totally gonna be like that and it's gonna be awesome!    

Keep your head up!   Love you all!

If the rumors staTed in another thread are true. (I forget who said it) Wave 8 is 3 weeks into play testing. 

A message to all you content creators, keep up the great work. You get a lot of people through these dark times of no news. The various YouTubers, list builders, KDY contributors, 3d printing creators, battle reporters, tourney players, custom campaigners, painting and conversion creators (which is a few days old on content... time for me to add mine to it) and every one else who contributes to the forums, blogs and more all deserve a thanks and a round of applause. 

Each one of us contribute to the health of this great game and community. On behalf of everyone to everyone thank you. This is a great community for a great game. Be good to each other and have fun. :)

I wouldn't pay attention to "rumors" honestly.   First off, playtesters who leak their details, shouldn't be doing that.   And "Friends" of theirs should be forwarding leaks either.   Generally, these types of leaks have often been false, or at least partially false - enough such that it leads people believe one thing - and eventually have disappointment when they find out something else.   I seem to remember some rumors that an SSD would be revealed at GENCON of 2017.  See how reliable that one turned out to be? 

Point is - it's great to have hope - but try to focus on the things we know for sure - like this game and how balanced it actually is... and how relatively few flaws it has.   It's amazing - and has a bright future I'm sure! 

1 hour ago, Crabbok said:

It's gonna get better.   One day we're gonna have Armada products releasing... new articles... new stuff revealed.... new strategies to consider.... new ships to buy, and maybe even to budget for!    It's totally gonna be like that and it's gonna be awesome!    

#abusive relationship excuses

Edited by Geressen

1 hour ago, Stasy said:

I assumed the correct response was "chicken butt". However I think the question then would be "Guess what?" in that scenario. 

Anyways, you're probably right.

I also thought it was going to say Chicken Butt.

Thanks to @Crabbok for bringing some much needed positivity to this forum.

I will try to bring some positivity with some numbers.

If you look at forum activity, it seems Armada is getting more chatter compared X-Wing since the beginning of August ( SSD announcement)

if we put in the numbers, since the beginning of August there has been 21950 posts for Armada and 54859 posts for X-Wing. Xwing community obviosuly has posted more but they have a bigger community compared to Armada. But when we look at the sum of all posts for both sides and compared the ratio, there is a %6.24 increase in forum posts for Armada where as %4.53 increase for X-wing.

I don't know if we are dying or not, but at least we are talking more about the game compared to X-Wing community. 

11 hours ago, Crabbok said:

For sure! And until then we've got a really well balanced game that's endless fun to play with so many viable options it's going to be hard to get bored of this. There simply aren't enough hours in the week to play enough Armada.

16 hours ago, Crabbok said:

Stockholm syndrome?  Do you need help Crabbok?  Blink twice for yes.

15 hours ago, Crabbok said:

I wouldn't pay attention to "rumors" honestly.   First off, playtesters who leak their details, shouldn't be doing that.   And "Friends" of theirs should be forwarding leaks either.   Generally, these types of leaks have often been false, or at least partially false - enough such that it leads people believe one thing - and eventually have disappointment when they find out something else.   I seem to remember some rumors that an SSD would be revealed at GENCON of 2017.  See how reliable that one turned out to be? 

Point is - it's great to have hope - but try to focus on the things we know for sure - like this game and how balanced it actually is... and how relatively few flaws it has.   It's amazing - and has a bright future I'm sure! 

Agreed, playtesters shouldn't be leaking info.  But when FFG doesn't bother to even pay attention to their fan base or drop an occasional reminder that they actually are working on the game, fans get worried.  Worried fans get worried, lose interest, spread fear.  Those leakers then start to feel like they need to step in where FFG hasn't and dissuade the feelings of neglect.  They are trying to give us hope.

As I said in another post.  If FFG gave us the barest hints of information occasionally to show they are still working on the game, then the players wouldn't be so desperate for any scrap of information.  The leakers wouldn't feel compelled to reassure other players.

I have a feeling Clone Wars is coming and that’s part of the delay. 

Prequel content has made a huge resurgence across several large Star Wars product lines including Battlefront II because of the huge popularity the Clone Wars garners. The views for the trailer of the recently released Geonosis map for instance dwarfed the launch trailer for Battlefield V entirely for instance. The Clone Wars show is coming back due to fan demand.

There also aren’t that many ships to be made for the Clone Wars Era.

About Five Republic ships (Venator, Acclamator, Arquitens, Pelta, and Consular ship) and four Seperatist ships (Munificent, Recusant, Providence, and Lucrehulk). 

But who knows...

1 minute ago, Forresto said:

There also aren’t that many ships to be made for the Clone Wars Era.

About Five Republic ships (Venator, Acclamator, Arquitens, Pelta, and Consular ship) and four Seperatist ships (Munificent, Recusant, Providence, and Lucrehulk). 

But who knows...

2 Ships per side + Squad Pack per side, followed by 2 Ships per side + Singular Irregular Squad pack is 2 “full” waves. (In the vein almost of W1/2)

Could even be stretched to 3 or 4 waves if they were shorted waves instead (similar to 3/4)

Throw a campaign inbetween and you’ve got 2-3 years of releases, even without hypothetical core sets.,