ninclouse2000

Chewie article is up

17 minutes ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

Chewy looks great and fun but I do hope FFG try not to go over board with synergies and too many token parties, I do want a wargame not a who's character can get the most tokens

I don't think it'll be an issue. Chewy looks good (don't get me wrong, I am glad he is being added), but that defense. 9 health is a lot, but white with no surge (I get why, but still not a fan) and 4 damage in and he doesn't benefit from suppression? And I have to commit at least a quarter of my army to get benefit from his cards? No thanks. Units that throw a lot of hits regardless of pierce are going to eat him up, particularly scouts, AT-ST, PP (papa palpatine), and probably death troopers on the imperial side.

25 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I don't think it'll be an issue. Chewy looks good (don't get me wrong, I am glad he is being added), but that defense. 9 health is a lot, but white with no surge (I get why, but still not a fan) and 4 damage in and he doesn't benefit from suppression? And I have to commit at least a quarter of my army to get benefit from his cards? No thanks. Units that throw a lot of hits regardless of pierce are going to eat him up, particularly scouts, AT-ST, PP (papa palpatine), and probably death troopers on the imperial side.

Depending on the config, I figure it won’t do them a ton of good. Scout troopers have nearly as bad defense, shorter range, and Chewie severely outfights then in melee.

Palpatine is fine, but also slow and outranged, Chewie never has to get hit by Papa Palpatine if he doesn’t want to, worse Palp only has 5 hit points and guardian only works against ranged attacks, so he’s utterly screwed at close range. 

Edit: I don’t make any contention on the AT-ST, but then again I wouldn’t toss Chewie at that unless I was also throwing Luke at it (in which case it’s actually in some trouble). 

Edited by Derrault

19 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Depending on the config, I figure it won’t do them a ton of good. Scout troopers have nearly as bad defense, shorter range, and Chewie severely outfights then in melee.

Palpatine is fine, but also slow and outranged, Chewie never has to get hit by Papa Palpatine if he doesn’t want to, worse Palp only has 5 hit points and guardian only works against ranged attacks, so he’s utterly screwed at close range. 

Edit: I don’t make any contention on the AT-ST, but then again I wouldn’t toss Chewie at that unless I was also throwing Luke at it (in which case it’s actually in some trouble). 

My point was that the synergy between named units isn't going to be overpowered and can still be dealt with. You're absolutely right on all your points, my intention with bringing them up is if they get a good hit on Chewie it's gonna be game over for him very quickly

2 hours ago, ninclouse2000 said:

My guess would be they release on 12/20 or 12/27

The word from the Spanish Bothans is that it's before Christmas.

I remember seeing a 22 being used somewhere, but I may be mistaken.

EDIT: Double checked, Spanish site lists 20th and 21st for Chewie and warriors respectively.

Edited by Indy_com

2 hours ago, thepopemobile100 said:

His stats alone make him seem like he would be good to run around naked. Also consider that Imp players have to commit ~25% for Vader, and more than 50% for the dreaded Palp/Vader combo.

EDIT: RE: Running Chewie Naked: But I've been known to make mistakes.... from time to time.

Edited by Xiervak

28 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

The word from the Spanish Bothans is that it's before Christmas.

I remember seeing a 22 being used somewhere, but I may be mistaken.

EDIT: Double checked, Spanish site lists 20th and 21st for Chewie and warriors respectively.

Question: Have those dates been wrong before or are they usually on point?

8 minutes ago, rcm17 said:

I for one think Brains and Brawn is a fantastic command card. Leia will be attacking with 3 black, 2 white, and 2 red with pierce 2 and impact 1! And Chewy still gets to attack that turn.

All three cards are brutal matchups (Chewie/Luke back to back activation potentially drops Vader, it’s very nearly better than just using Luke’s double swing. )

Edited by Derrault

1 hour ago, Derrault said:

All three cards are brutal matchups (Chewie/Luke back to back activation potentially drops Vader, it’s very nearly better than just using Luke’s double swing. )

I think we have our counter to palps 1 pip. Or we have a card that will change how palps approaches to using his 1 pip.

2 hours ago, rcm17 said:

I for one think Brains and Brawn is a fantastic command card. Leia will be attacking with 3 black, 2 white, and 2 red with pierce 2 and impact 1! And Chewy still gets to attack that turn.

Not to mention the sharpshooter 2 thrown in!