Sign in to follow this  
Yepesnopes

Mount Gundabad

4 hours ago, lleimmoen said:

Thanks. Has it really been so long? I was thinking (hoping) more like six weeks... still, it is still March, but then again Mount Gundabad is not yet in store...

It started more noticeably with the last packs of Haradrim cycle. But yeah it's the nowadays standard for this game.

I believe they never managed the promised ‘once a month’ release of the adventure packs, not even in 2011. And I knew the previous cycle was especially slow, but I had a (probably misleading) feeling that this cycle things got a bit quicker again.

Anyway, knowing it is now already at least a month since somebody got his hands on Mount Gundabad and it is still not officially released yet, perhaps we can at least see the spoilers before we actually get the pack... I usually do two or three weeks after the official release, earliest.

Here's the date of the "Now available" articles for the current cycle:

16 Aug 2018 Withered Heath

18 Oct 2018 Roam Across Rhovanion

13 Dec 2018 Fire in the Night

7 Feb 2019 The Ghost of Framsburg

The last two were not dedicated articles, but in a "FFG products available now" article, so the actual release may have been slightly earlier.  So it's approximately two months, but the longest gap (2 months 2 days) is between the first two, and Framsburg/Gundabad looks likely to be the shortest gap.  I think there's a good chance of getting the final pack by the end of May.

I can't wait for this pack! Every card looks great to me especially the Round Shield that can go on any character in any sphere. It can rival Flaming Brand in some instances and be better as it can go on anyone. 😊

2 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

Gamenerdz is awesome. They deliver it the same day it releases on the site. That's the third time this cycle it's happened for me (my buddy bought the other packs). 

Of course, it doesn't compare to getting it two months early in Italy... 🙄

1 hour ago, player3351457 said:

Of course, it doesn't compare to getting it two months early in Italy... 🙄

I will let you guys know if I will get similarly lucky with The Fate of Wilderland :D

This quest seems pretty hard. Tried it with a pair of tactics/noldor decks that have done well against the rest of the cycle. I was holding my own for quite a while, and I got 19 points of damage on Dagnir, but the actual win condition is really hard to reach. 

Eventually, some nasty treacheries wiped out my allies, and I started losing heroes before I could rebuild. It was all downhill from there.