Sign in to follow this  
Yepesnopes

Mount Gundabad

My take on the ones not fully revealed...

Round Shield - Tactics Attachment, 0 Cost, Item Armor - Attach to a character. Restricted. Response: After a shadow effect is triggered during combat, exhaust Round Shield to give attached character +2D for this attack.

Drinking Song - Lore Event, 0 Cost, Song - Action: Count the number of cards in your hand and shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw an equal number of cards plus 1 additional card if you control a unique Hobbit character.

Erebor Toymaker - Spirit Ally, 3 Cost, Dwarf Craftsman - Response: After you play Erebor Toymaker from you hand, reduce the cost of the next attachment played this phase by 1.

New Bilbo hero rocks.

9 threat in tactic is quite standard and basically Bilbo equals to a 3-5 willpower hero which is totally great. Him plus Eowyn means tactic can really quest now for a mere 15 initial treath. 

Sometimes you don't have enemies in staging area to trigger it's effect, sure, but won't be often. And hobbit pony exist for a reason. 

The add in extra damage to guarding enemy is very fun.

Gaffer Gamgee ally is great. 2 cost questing ally with a disposable feint effect in lore is huge although conditional. Not even discarded like Grimbold so you can pay it again next round.  

Can Bilbo's response be used against an enemy that's immune to player card effects? The first part seems to target Bilbo himself but the part about dealing damage might not work. I'm not sure.

The whole "choose an enemy" part is leaving me to think neither will work.

Edited by stimpaksam

4 minutes ago, stimpaksam said:

Can Bilbo's response be used against an enemy that's immune to player card effects? The first part seems to target Bilbo himself but the part about dealing damage might not work. I'm not sure.

The whole "choose an enemy" part is leaving me to think neither will work.

Damage won't work, sure. 

I think also the first effect won't apply but I might be wrong should Bilbo be considered the target and the chosen enemy not.

A bit underwhelmed with Biblo on first blush, after some thought though....there is no limit cap.  There are 4, 5, and 6 threat enemies. Nightmare mode could make him even better.  Boy Thrors ring and Bilbo are some thinkers.  Lot of possibilities 

Ranger spikes are not his friend, doesnt say printed threat. Dont put him in a fellowship with Argalad either, they work against each other. Thalin would work though and anborn. (For the damage part)

2 minutes ago, player1683311 said:

22 enemies with 5 or more threat. Mostly bosses, who engage immediately. So look at mostly having a plus 4 as a cap

You are right....

Ok still  +3 avg means a eowyn like  4 willpower in tactic. Not bad and the consistent 1 damage can be more significant than it appears at first glance.

4 minutes ago, Yepesnopes said:

I have to say it. Bilbo hero sucks for 9 threat! 9! With stats of 1 1 2 2! Not again!

The only way I see him being of use is with a hobbit ponny really.

Ah ah ah.

This time at least his stats are *actually* equal to his likely stats.

Ok not super as ability but in tactic it can bring some benefits. 

He is a great burglar. Put sting on him, play a guarded card, quest and cancel that threat gain, deal 2 damage to the enemy, defend the enemy and deal sting damage. Or have some staging area attack. Keep threat low and rack up powerful guarded cards. Of course this is best case scenario type stuff 

Seems like you would need spirit and lore for fast hitch and hobbit pony though.

Edited by player1683311

Now we have the Necklace of Girion, the Arkenstone, Orcrist, Glamdring, Sting and Thrór's Ring, of which all are mentioned in the Hobbit aside from the last one. I wonder what the last guarded attachment will be: very likely Spirit, as all other spheres have one already. The last remaining treasure cards from Over Hill and Under Hill are not interesting and important enough to be guarded attachments though. And while the Sceptre of Annúminas and the Elendilmir both would fit into Spirit they have nothing to do with the Hobbit or Rhovanion. Is there any other item in Middle-earth that could be a guarded Spirit attachment?

1 minute ago, Amicus Draconis said:

Now we have the Necklace of Girion, the Arkenstone, Orcrist, Glamdring, Sting and Thrór's Ring, of which all are mentioned in the Hobbit aside from the last one. I wonder what the last guarded attachment will be: very likely Spirit, as all other spheres have one already. The last remaining treasure cards from Over Hill and Under Hill are not interesting and important enough to be guarded attachments though. And while the Sceptre of Annúminas and the Elendilmir both would fit into Spirit they have nothing to do with the Hobbit or Rhovanion. Is there any other item in Middle-earth that could be a guarded Spirit attachment?

I would expect mitrhil shirt or Anduril.

More probable the first one. Fits in spirit too. Attachemt to hobbit or dwarf hero. Plenty of good target. 

Oh man, why did they leave Bilbo at nine threat? 
Tactics Eowyn has 4 willpower from the get go (meaning she can do other stuff like one of these annoying hide tests etc.) and a powerful ability. While different I would rank Bilbos ability lower in terms of power. Two damage is great as it opens up some neat tricks with Gondorian spearman and spear of the citadel, but how often do enemies guard stuff? Sure there are a handful of player cards and some quests, making it  quite niche. And dealing one damage is not too great. Argalad already does something very similar and profits from stuff like light of valinor etc. Ofc he is in lore and usefull quester shouldn't be too common in tactics, but other spheres are more generous in adding "out of sphere stats" I feel.
Bilbo probably will be good in mono tactics anyway for the (most likely) above avarage willpower, but with 6 or seven willpower I would have been much more happy. Would have made him more interssting for secrecy, too (and this is his Burgluar version, so he should be sneaky). This way I don't see why I shouldn't just pick Eowyn, if I want one tactics hero (with high willpower and low threat), as she is more constant and can really be a life saver against high health enemies.

Love the general Hobbit support in this pack though :)