Sign in to follow this  
Pewpewpew BOOM

Biohexacrypt codes???

I keep seeing posts where folks reference ships without a native coordinate somehow being able to do it after taking BC. 

I don’t see how such a thing could work since the upgrade does not add that action to your bar....it would alter the rules for an action you cannot do. 

5 hours ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

I keep seeing posts where folks reference ships without a native coordinate somehow being able to do it after taking BC. 

I don’t see how such a thing could work since the upgrade does not add that action to your bar....it would alter the rules for an action you cannot do. 

5 hours ago, svelok said:

Squad leader?

5 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yup squad leader adds coordinate.

5 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

The Squad Leader talent adds a red Coordinate action which can only coordinate actions that are on the action bar of the ship with the talent.

5 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

Squad Leader

3 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

we got it, boys!

1 minute ago, player3010587 said:

ONE. MORE. TIME!!!!!!! SQUAD LEADER! SKWAD L337-3R!

Context for those not following, and a lame excuse for a recursive post.

2 hours ago, gadwag said:

Null is the best squad leader

I'm shocked he got the talent, tbh. 35 pt for Hyperspace-legal i7 coordinate is great, and 1 pt more gets you clutch extended cheese. I'm shocked that some FO players strap Lone Wolf on him instead...without abilities those 2 dice are unimpressive, and Quickdraw wants to be fed a second action! Maybe Kylo wants an epic arc-dodge on the Poe that just arc-dodged him!

21 hours ago, player3010587 said:

Although designed for an Upsilon, the shenanigans are implied by Squad Leader (and hence, the Hyperspace ban). Unfortunate that they are FO only, as putting it on an R3 x-wing would be dope.

I think there's less of a "Hyperspace ban" for shenanigans*, and more it isn't supposed to be released yet.  IIRC, folks have said that BHX Codes are in the little separate bag with a few of the Upsilon pilots, indicating that rather than being an Wave-2 intended upgrade, they're intended for Wave-whenever-the-Upsilon-is-rereleased.  Plenty of upgrades in the other Conversion Kits aren't Hyperspace Legal either.  I'm sure there are no Dorsal Turret or Ion Cannon shennanigans that have lead to bans of those.  They just aren't out yet, and won't be out until Wave 3 at the earliest (Ion Cannon is in the Sith Infiltrator spread).

*Really, though, I should say non-plural shenanigan, since it probably only really works once.  Because you have to spend the lock to increase the range of your coordinate or jam, a Null in the corner will only get one coordinate off.  To get more long-range coordinates, it'd need to fly into Range 3 of the ship you're interested in, and spend an action getting a new Lock.

36 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I think there's less of a "Hyperspace ban" for shenanigans*, and more it isn't supposed to be released yet.  IIRC, folks have said that BHX Codes are in the little separate bag with a few of the Upsilon pilots, indicating that rather than being an Wave-2 intended upgrade, they're intended for Wave-whenever-the-Upsilon-is-rereleased.  Plenty of upgrades in the other Conversion Kits aren't Hyperspace Legal either.  I'm sure there are no Dorsal Turret or Ion Cannon shennanigans that have lead to bans of those.  They just aren't out yet, and won't be out until Wave 3 at the earliest (Ion Cannon is in the Sith Infiltrator spread).

*Really, though, I should say non-plural shenanigan, since it probably only really works once.  Because you have to spend the lock to increase the range of your coordinate or jam, a Null in the corner will only get one coordinate off.  To get more long-range coordinates, it'd need to fly into Range 3 of the ship you're interested in, and spend an action getting a new Lock.

But that one-off is extremely powerful. I wouldn't say that it is Black One levels of power, but it has turned the tide of a few unfortunate turns.

1 hour ago, player3010587 said:

But that one-off is extremely powerful. I wouldn't say that it is Black One levels of power, but it has turned the tide of a few unfortunate turns.

I mean, I think it's a good 1-point upgrade.  A one-time long-range coordinate can save Kylo's bacon.  Just feels like it's getting a bit overhyped, IMHO.  In general, not from one person, but still.