Schnook

One Stood Against Many with 0, 1, 2 enemy creatures in play

Assume your creature will survive all fights, maybe it has skirmish.

It's perfectly clear what happens if the opponent has three or more creatures in play.

This came up in a game where my opponent had only two creatures in play. I readied and fought two of them. What happens on the third attempt to ready and fight? Do I ready, fail to fight, and then have a ready creature to do with as I please?

Then, same question if the opponent has 1 or 0 creatures.

My thinking is that the ready always happens, and then the card effect stops resolving as soon as a fight can't happen. So 1 opposing creature would mean Ready, Fight, Ready, stop resolving the card. 0 opposing creatures would mean Ready, stop resolving card.

Thoughts?

341_223_PHQJHJ4P73J2_en.png

Yep do as much as you can covers this fully. You’d be able to ready, fight, ready, fight, then ready but not do the final fight (since there isn’t a third target you can choose) leaving the creature ready to reap, fight, or action after this card is discarded as you please.

The effect doesn't stop happening if a fight doesn't happen - but you can only reap once. The sequence with zero enemies would be:

Ready; Can't fight; already ready; can't fight; already ready; can't fight. This leaves the creature ready when One Stood Against Many finishes resolving. Now you can reap.

6 minutes ago, saluk64007 said:

The effect doesn't stop happening if a fight doesn't happen - but you can only reap once. The sequence with zero enemies would be:

Ready; Can't fight; already ready; can't fight; already ready; can't fight. This leaves the creature ready when One Stood Against Many finishes resolving. Now you can reap.

Yeah, I realized this was almost certainly the correct way to interpret things after I posted, but was hoping someone else would say it. I don't think there's really any question that this is what happens.

I was surprised how many times at PAX I had to tell my opponents that they couldn't do stuff in between the fights, or that they HAD to do all 3 fights.  Things like "I use OSAM and I fight with X, then use the Hallowed Blaster the heal them..." Then arguing "Well they would die if I can't heal them between fights!" hahaha

Hi, i have a question on One Stood Against Many. In keyforge online i can use this card on a stunned non-sanctum creature. Is this regular or this is a bug of keyforge online?

Edited by Jester Firefly

On 12/30/2018 at 10:27 AM, Jester Firefly said:

Hi, i have a question on One Stood Against Many. In keyforge online i can use this card on a stunned non-sanctum creature. Is this regular or this is a bug of keyforge online?

The only caveat on the card as to what you can use it on is a "friendly creature." Using it on a stunned non-sanctum creature is fine; though of course then the first fight would get replaced by an unstunning.

On 12/30/2018 at 5:27 AM, Jester Firefly said:

Where is this online play option?

16 hours ago, Jester Firefly said:

The stun status of the stunned non-sanctum creature became remove for the other turns?

Yes. The card's effect becomes: Ready (if possible), exhaust to remove stun, ready, fight a creature, ready, fight another creature (or as much of that as can be accomplished given the number of creatures around and the possibility the chosen creature might die before completing the sequence).

On 1/5/2019 at 12:54 AM, Rabbitball said:

Yes. The card's effect becomes: Ready (if possible), exhaust to remove stun, ready, fight a creature, ready, fight another creature (or as much of that as can be accomplished given the number of creatures around and the possibility the chosen creature might die before completing the sequence).

If i remove the stun status i can fight only 2 times?

7 hours ago, Jester Firefly said:

If i remove the stun status i can fight only 2 times?

No, you got to fight 3 times, but the first fight was cancelled by the stun token.