Sign in to follow this  
AngryAlbatross

2.0 Battle of Endor Format??

OP related question.  What ships would y'all consider viable for a Battle of Endor formatted tournament using the Rebels, Empire and Scum?
I am trying to have our thematic event be a little more fun and spicy than the quickbuild event, so expanding the card pool to Endor seems good.  But I am not exactly sure what all ships would be available for that battle, especially for Scum?

Rebels I can see;
AXBY + YT1300, 
Empire probably;
Fighter, Interceptor, Bomber, Advanced + Lambda
Scum?;
Fang, Y, Z, Mining Guild and Firespray?

I am trying to keep the ship pool evenly limited without bringing in crazy stuff from prequel movies or rebels.

21 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

OP related question.  What ships would y'all consider viable for a Battle of Endor formatted tournament using the Rebels, Empire and Scum?

Rebels: X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, YT-1300 (Falcon only), VCX-100 (Ghost only), CR-90, GR-75
Imperial: TIE Figher, TIE Bomber, TIE Interceptor, Lambda
Scum: IG-88a

There ya go!  A definitive list of stuff that was at the Battle of Endor on each side.

7 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Rebels: X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, YT-1300 (Falcon only), VCX-100 (Ghost only), CR-90, GR-75
Imperial: TIE Figher, TIE Bomber, TIE Interceptor, Lambda
Scum: IG-88a

There ya go!  A definitive list of stuff that was at the Battle of Endor on each side.

VCX was at Endor?

24 minutes ago, Quack Shot said:

VCX was at Endor?

Close enough.

//

So basically, Battle of Endor is Hyperspace/Second Edition, but with A-Wings, B-Wings, TIE Bombers, TIE Interceptors.

So for Scum, I'd start with the standard Hyperspace, but add... Aggressors (there's old Legends lore of IG-88 which I think is silly, but still).  Also... No, that's enough.  I'd give Scum Hyperspace + IGs.  But then again, having Lando's falcon is kind of silly.

I guess another Scum plan could be Firespray , G1-A, Hounds Tooth, Aggressor, Jumpmaster.  The ships of the Empire Strikes Back lineup.  There's nothing cheap in there to help make the points work, so add Z-95, just to give them options.

37 minutes ago, thomedwards said:

Forces of Destiny ("Chopper and Friends" and "An Imperial Feast") puts the Ghost on Endor at least around the time of the battle.

Coupled with the fact that the Rebels finale reveals that Ahsoka fought at Endor it's probably reasonable to assume she fought at Endor aboard the Ghost.

2 hours ago, AngryAlbatross said:

I am trying to have our thematic event be a little more fun and spicy than the quickbuild event, so expanding the card pool to Endor seems good.  But I am not exactly sure what all ships would be available for that battle, especially for Scum?

Rebels I can see;
AXBY + YT1300, 
Empire probably;
Fighter, Interceptor, Bomber, Advanced + Lambda
Scum?;

I am trying to keep the ship pool evenly limited without bringing in crazy stuff from prequel movies or rebels.

You can go two ways what is seen in Return of the Jedi which is similar to what you have:

ABXY, YT-1300

TIE/ln, in and Lambda

Then you could open it up with off screen canon which would add, for example, the VCX-100, U-Wing, TIE/sa and legends would add the TIE Defender and Z95.   Wookieepedia is your friend. 😊 

More seriously, if you mean like FFG did for the Battle of Yavin game variant, there would be no Scum ships like in that one.

Imperial: TIE/Ln, TIE/In, and Lambda

Rebel (keeping within faction bounds): A-Wings, B-Wings, X-Wings, Y-Wings and YT-1300.

It would be neat, but entirely unnecessary, if the scum faction could be divided by who they were working for. Like scum pilot cards XYZ are all working for the rebellion, but ABC were all employed by the empire. Or even QRS were scavengers that came to salvage wreckage. Just thinking out loud

6 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Coupled with the fact that the Rebels finale reveals that Ahsoka fought at Endor it's probably reasonable to assume she fought at Endor aboard the Ghost.

Hera was at Endor,  (and Jason) not Ahsoka... Ahsoka was probably learning to transition from "Ahsoka the Gray" to "Ahsoka the White". :)

Right I am trying to keep the options limited but balanced.  I suppose I could let the scum have IG 88.
I was trying to include scum because our FLGS has at least 2 scum only players.....

18 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Hera was at Endor,  (and Jason) not Ahsoka... Ahsoka was probably learning to transition from "Ahsoka the Gray" to "Ahsoka the White". :)

THE DARK SIDE WILL NOT AVAIL YOU!  DESTROYER OF ALDERAAN!

28 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Right I am trying to keep the options limited but balanced.  I suppose I could let the scum have IG 88.
I was trying to include scum because our FLGS has at least 2 scum only players.....

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:41 AM, AngryAlbatross said:

Scum?;

Okay, an instore themed series with an attempt to include the third faction. If you're sticking to Canon ships the list you presented works, though it is a bit slanted in Scum's direction (the Mining Guild TIE is from Rebels and the Fang is from the Prequal era though). If you're willing to step out of the canon limitation Kiraxzs and Scyks could make reasonable sub ins for the Fang and the MGT. Slows the overall list speed down, compared to Imps, but pushes it more towards a generic Scum fleet.

Edited by Hiemfire

On 12/4/2018 at 12:55 PM, Hiemfire said:

Okay, an instore themed series with an attempt to include the third faction. If you're sticking to Canon ships the list you presented works, though it is a bit slanted in Scum's direction (the Mining Guild TIE is from Rebels and the Fang is from the Prequal era though). If you're willing to step out of the canon limitation Kiraxzs and Scyks could make reasonable sub ins for the Fang and the MGT. Slows the overall list speed down, compared to Imps, but pushes it more towards a generic Scum fleet.

Sounds good.
I don't think Z95's or Mining Guild Ties will be out by the time we do this event anyway so I might include those two just to give scum more options.

5 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Sounds good.
I don't think Z95's or Mining Guild Ties will be out by the time we do this event anyway so I might include those two just to give scum more options.

The TIEs are supposed to be out next week from what I've seen of the rumor mill.