Sign in to follow this  
weisguy119

A photo album battle report for The Battle of the PAW Installation (Prototype Assessment Way station) - 47 pics + 1 video

Battle Report (47 pics + 1 video):

https://imgur.com/a/ypV7DHV

Here’s a picture log of how it went down.  Look for the video of the exploded base where I display some masterful voice acting work.  Lol.

In the coming days, I’ll do a full write-up for the Friday Night X-wing blog that will discuss my inspirations for the project and sources for the components used.  The article will include a full components list, an outline of the mission objectives and special rules, high res images of all the custom cards, galleries explaining the custom mechanics of the custom Huge ships, a full written Batrep of every round, ship by ship, and the full picture log of this project.  I took a whopping 82 pictures and one video.

This project has been around a year in the making and took a full five days to set up, play test and tear down.  I’m pretty happy with how it all turned out.  It’s basically just an excuse to throw all the cool things I’ve come across onto the mat and let the dice fly.  After this, it’s on to my “Strike on Imperial Base Felucia” land/air scenario.  The fun never ends!

Dang!  That looked fun.  Congrats for getting it done.  I look forward to your write up/novel of the battle of the PAW Installation. It looks like the Empire will retain the upper hand thanks to the escape of Zaarin.

Edited by RedKnightRob

51 minutes ago, RedKnightRob said:

How many points were on the table? per side?   My guess is a LOT!

….and what stats do Exogorths have?

1900 points in all.  The Rebels had 850 points.  The Imperials had 1050 total points but the Lambda and 2 TIE Phantoms don’t spawn until the base is about to fall.

This link has the Exogorth cards:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13lcjQynXfkr3d5b0tQ71xKqSw4PhDfuU/view?usp=drivesdk

1 hour ago, weisguy119 said:

1900 points in all.  The Rebels had 850 points.  The Imperials had 1050 total points but the Lambda and 2 TIE Phantoms don’t spawn until the base is about to fall.

This link has the Exogorth cards:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13lcjQynXfkr3d5b0tQ71xKqSw4PhDfuU/view?usp=drivesdk

1900 ?   WOW!!!

Edited by RedKnightRob

16 hours ago, weisguy119 said:

Those are 1st Edition points, too.  I haven’t played the 2nd Edition but I understand point values were doubled in 2E.

I play 1st edition and can't see myself moving on to 2nd edition.  I don't do/enjoy tournaments and prefer to fly casual with friends and/or playing solo using Heroes of the Aturi Cluster Campaign rules for co-op play. 

I have heard the values are approximately double as well.