GreenLantern1138

Resistance Bomber Questions

You have Paige Tico and Veteran Turret Gunner equipped. The bowtie is facing sideways. There is an enemy ship in your forward arc. Can you shoot it with your 3 dice forward arc, use Paige to rotate the bowtie forward and then VTG to shoot the same ship you already attacked? My understanding is that you could because the primary forward arc and mobile firing arc symbols are different, but I want to be sure.

Also, Does Vennie's ability affect himself? It doesn't say 'another' ship, it just says friendly.

What if you shoot forward from your primary arc and your mobile turret arc is already facing forward/rear, would you still get the second shot? (Not from secondary turret i.e resistance bomber)

On 2/18/2019 at 4:51 PM, Neo0o93 said:

Another question about that combo: does the bonus attack from the VTG can trigger Paige's ability again?

Yes, bearing in mind that any given ship can only drop one device (such as a bomb) per turn.

You should be able to shoot an enemy from your side turret arc, then rotate that arc 180-deg with Page and shoot the same enemy a second time with your other turret arc (now facing the enemy).  Page and Veteran Turret Gunner were made for each other!

4 hours ago, Tharcas said:

You should be able to shoot an enemy from your side turret arc, then rotate that arc 180-deg with Page and shoot the same enemy a second time with your other turret arc (now facing the enemy).  Page and Veteran Turret Gunner were made for each other!

no. you can never rotate a bow tie arc 180 degrees. the rules for rotate specifically state that you have to select your other arcs.

• If a ship rotates a double turret arc indicator, it must select the other two standard arcs it was not already selecting.

Posted (edited)

Ahhhh, good catch!  My mistake.  Withdraw the statement.

However, one could rotate to the other set of arcs and fire IF the opponent ship was in the adjacent arc.  This would work well for a side shot then a rear shot on the Bomber.

Edited by Tharcas

7 hours ago, Tharcas said:

Ahhhh, good catch!  My mistake.  Withdraw the statement.

However, one could rotate to the other set of arcs and fire IF the opponent ship was in the adjacent arc.  This would work well for a side shot then a rear shot on the Bomber.

Yup. If the enemy ship concerned is across the relevant arc line or in front you can fire rotate fire again.