Sign in to follow this  
saunderez

Exhaust to Attack?

Maybe I missed something, but I received my new 2-player core set yesterday and played through the first quest and noticed something different from "first edition."  From the learn to play rules (also posted on the FFG page, dated 26 JUL 2018), I don't see any reference to exhausting in order to attack.  The Rules Reference (dated 29 MAR 2018) still notes that attackers are exhausted. 

So which is it?  Do characters no longer exhaust in order to attack, as per the later dated learn to play rules, or is this a typo?  If characters, in fact, do not exhaust to attack, is there anything that keeps a single heavy hitter from attacking every enemy engaged with a player?

5 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Are you sure this is in the right section?  L5R doesn't have a 2-player core.

It's not really unreasonable to call the core set a 2-player core set.  It does have instructions for building 2 learn-to-play decks.  That said, the rules I see posted have different dates than the OP.  Learn to Play is dated August 3, 2017 and RRG is October 17, 2018.  Found here.

The answer to the question: Yes, characters participating in a conflict (attacking or defending) bow at the end of the conflict.  This is included in the Learn to Play rules (pg 13, under the heading "End of Conflict).

2 hours ago, Khudzlin said:

Actually, characters attacking enemies engaged with players suggests LotR rather than L5R.

Heh, that's what I get for not knowing the other FFG games (if it's not L5R or SWLCG, I won't recognize the terminology). 😁

18 hours ago, dbmeboy said:

Heh, that's what I get for not knowing the other FFG games (if it's not L5R or SWLCG, I won't recognize the terminology). 😁

Yeah, you could only see that the terminology didn't fit with the games you know: L5R uses "enemy" only as an adjective (as in "enemy character") and, iirc (it's been a long time and I've sold my collection), so does SW (as in "enemy unit" or "enemy objective"). It just happens that I have at least tried all the LCGs (I only play AGoT, L5R and Arkham Horror seriously, though), so I can spot the terminology: only the coops use "enemy" as a noun (it's a card type in both AH and LotR) and AH doesn't have characters.