(68) Poe Dameron
(0) Integrated S-foils
(2) Black One
(2) R4 Astromech
(9) Proton Torpedoes
(1) Heroic
Points 82

Total points: 194

Have my Han/Luke thread going and that list is doing well. With point costs out and hype for resistance is here, would like to give Han/Poe a try in 2.0. Much different than my 1.0 version. Of course, Poe is much different and I have to run Resistance Han. Rey/Rose lets you do a lot with blanks. Trick Shot gives some extra red dice to play with. Double modded i6 proton torps are always good too. This is the first case where Freelance Slicer aka DJ may actually be good too.

The pair seems like it will be fun!

I, for one, would give Han Heroic and just have Rose and Rey otherwise. Its such a nice setup. You focus for eyes, Rey a blank, so its basically fully modded, and if you still have a blank, you get a TL.

Poe, meanwhile, I'd give his buddy BB-8 and Ferrosphere paint

Haha @Quack Shot glad we had a similar idea 

Han Poe 198

Han Solo (Resistance) — Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter 76
Trick Shot 1
Rose Tico 9
Freelance Slicer 3
Rey 14
Shield Upgrade 4
Rey's Millenium Falcon 5
Ship Total: 112
Half Points: 56 Threshold: 6

Poe Dameron — T-70 X-Wing 68
Lone Wolf 4
R4 Astromech 2
Integrated S-Foils 0
Ferrosphere Paint 6
Black One 2
Hardpoint: Cannon 0
Heavy Laser Cannon 4
Ship Total: 86
Half Points: 43 Threshold: 4

2 hours ago, Greebwahn said:

The pair seems like it will be fun!

I, for one, would give Han Heroic and just have Rose and Rey otherwise. Its such a nice setup. You focus for eyes, Rey a blank, so its basically fully modded, and if you still have a blank, you get a TL.

Poe, meanwhile, I'd give his buddy BB-8 and Ferrosphere paint

Heroic won't work on defense except Range 3 or obstructed for Han and the chance of it triggering for offense is super low. Heroic is mainly for the double blank out for Poe.

Lone Wolf would be a good option for Poe though @Sir13scott. Want to try HLC out on Poe. I had that at the beginning but double modded proton torps are so easy to pull off. 

14 minutes ago, Quack Shot said:

Lone Wolf would be a good option for Poe though @Sir13scott. Want to try HLC out on Poe. I had that at the beginning but double modded proton torps are so easy to pull off. 

Having given Soontir a run for his money in 2.0, the double reposition bullseye will be a cake walk. I think the temptation to double mod a torp might make poe die. Can always double mod the 4 dice from HLC if needed 

25 minutes ago, Sir13scott said:

Having given Soontir a run for his money in 2.0, the double reposition bullseye will be a cake walk. I think the temptation to double mod a torp might make poe die. Can always double mod the 4 dice from HLC if needed 

Very true, I'll be trying it for sure!

4 hours ago, Sir13scott said:

4 dice + focus from HLC is better than a lock + focus from 3 dice. So, even if you just focus and b-roll or boost to line up HLC, then you should take it. Poe will be an absolute monster vs large/medium ships

I ran Han/Poe this week for two games. 

Heroic on Poe seems a must have, although people have suggested Debris Gambit too, which I like. I had proton torpedoes but I'd like to try a cannon too. Not convinced on the BB units yet, having 2/3 uses isn't great. 

I went for Engine Upgrade on the Falcon, it doesn't really like to be stressed. Losing the 1-hard turn is a blow, but it's still fun to fly. 

Only thing is that I think you ideally need quite a large initiative bid, moving both ships last is very good.

Edited by ayedubbleyoo

My take on Han / Poe (posted as separate thread before I realized this was here):

Trying to decide what to fly when I get a Resistance conversion kit courtesy of Santa in a week's time.  Always assuming I made the 'nice list' this year which I guess is open for debate.

Anyhow, I had a lot of fun flying the rebel Han with seasoned navigator and loaded up in a casual game a few weeks ago and maybe want to try something like it.  The idea is to make Han difficult to pin down and awesome at arc dodging with seasoned navigator + engine upgrade + a bid, and then hit hard using non-action dependent mods (Lone Wolf, Rey).  Poe seemed like a great wingman, also I6, also lots of positioning possibilities.  Daredevil seemed a nice fit with BB8 as the blue maneuver will clear the stress.  You can't quite do a 180 turn and then an action (+ another red action), but it's not far off.  Primed thrusters are there to help preserve his ability if he gets stressed, particularly via the dreaded 'panicked pilot'.

T-70 X-wing - •Poe Dameron - 87
    •Poe Dameron - Trigger-Happy Flyboy (68)
        Daredevil (3)
        •BB-8 (8)
        Integrated S-foils (Closed) (0)
        Primed Thrusters (8)

Scavenged YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Han Solo - 108
    •Han Solo - Jaded Smuggler (76)
        •Lone Wolf (4)
        Seasoned Navigator (5)
        Engine Upgrade (9)
        •Rey (14)

Total: 195/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

2 hours ago, eljms said:

My take on Han / Poe (posted as separate thread before I realized this was here):

Trying to decide what to fly when I get a Resistance conversion kit courtesy of Santa in a week's time.  Always assuming I made the 'nice list' this year which I guess is open for debate.

Anyhow, I had a lot of fun flying the rebel Han with seasoned navigator and loaded up in a casual game a few weeks ago and maybe want to try something like it.  The idea is to make Han difficult to pin down and awesome at arc dodging with seasoned navigator + engine upgrade + a bid, and then hit hard using non-action dependent mods (Lone Wolf, Rey).  Poe seemed like a great wingman, also I6, also lots of positioning possibilities.  Daredevil seemed a nice fit with BB8 as the blue maneuver will clear the stress.  You can't quite do a 180 turn and then an action (+ another red action), but it's not far off.  Primed thrusters are there to help preserve his ability if he gets stressed, particularly via the dreaded 'panicked pilot'.

T-70 X-wing - •Poe Dameron - 87
    •Poe Dameron - Trigger-Happy Flyboy (68)
        Daredevil (3)
        •BB-8 (8)
        Integrated S-foils (Closed) (0)
        Primed Thrusters (8)

Scavenged YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Han Solo - 108
    •Han Solo - Jaded Smuggler (76)
        •Lone Wolf (4)
        Seasoned Navigator (5)
        Engine Upgrade (9)
        •Rey (14)

Total: 195/200

I like the idea of having Han with Seasoned Navigator, but do you think that you’ll be able to clear the stress you get from using it? Thus far, I’m finding that it can be really hard to clear stress while flying the Resistance Falcon.

2 hours ago, AdmiralAckbar96 said:

do you think that you’ll be able to clear the stress you get from using it?

So, based on my vast experience of Rebel Han + Seasoned Navigator (one casual game!), you're not necessarily taking on that much stress.  I tend to try and dial in a 2-turn based on which turn I think is more likely, knowing that I can switch to a 2-bank in either direction or a 2-straight without incurring stress as these are all blue maneuvers, so 'increasing difficulty' only makes them white.  With the potential to boost after that I could arc dodge pretty effectively with lots of options once Han activates.  But you're right, more blue would create a lot more possibilities.

Extended Han/Poe

(76) Han Solo
(14) Rey
(5) Rey's Millenium Falcon
(9) Rose Tico
(3) Freelance Slicer
(1) Trick Shot
(4) Shield Upgrade
Points 112

(68) Poe Dameron
(1) Heroic
(0) Integrated S-foils
(2) R4 Astromech
(9) Proton Torpedoes
(2) Black One
Points 82

Total points: 194

Ran this version tonight and went 3-0

Thoughts on it:

Han Yolo and Poe with Torps can really screw with people.

Freelance Slicer is so good with Rose

Rose is ridiculously good

Rey so good. She feels like 1.0 Palp tbh. Change a die whenever I want. 

Shield Upgrade was solid. Didn’t feel like I needed Engine at all. Red boost was enough.

Falcon Title was interesting. Brought debris knowing that I can use the tire for an out and go over debris and boost if needed. 

Poe was amazing. Figured out how to fly him. First time last week I flew him too much like 1.0 Poe and he’s more Soontir than 1.0 Poe.

Heroic never triggered but never needed it too. Nice out to have though.

Title was really nice. Again a super nice out to have.

Proton Torps at i6 with double mods. Who knew was good?

9 minutes ago, generalchaos34 said:

question! maybe im missing this, why is everyone taking R4 on Poe if it only benefits a max of 2 maneuvers? id rather have a BB unit for that, or maybe an R3 for utility

The BB droids basically require Primed Thrusters to make their reposition options always available.  You can manage stress on Poe compensate for not having PT, but it's kind of limiting.  So, if you do take a BB droid, it feels a lot like you're paying an additional 8 points for it (via PT) or gimping your options (via stress management).  

Poe doesn't struggle to get his LOCK, so R3 doesn't provide a lot of action economy.  R4 is cheap and makes Poe less predictable.  

All that said, he feels like a completely different ship to the 1.0 BB-8 I ran often.  

15 minutes ago, gennataos said:

The BB droids basically require Primed Thrusters to make their reposition options always available.  You can manage stress on Poe compensate for not having PT, but it's kind of limiting.  So, if you do take a BB droid, it feels a lot like you're paying an additional 8 points for it (via PT) or gimping your options (via stress management).  

Poe doesn't struggle to get his LOCK, so R3 doesn't provide a lot of action economy.  R4 is cheap and makes Poe less predictable.  

All that said, he feels like a completely different ship to the 1.0 BB-8 I ran often.  

Agreed, BB-8 is super good still. But for basically 16 points, twice per game. R4 is fantastic on Poe for his cost as it doesn't just open up any 2 moves, it's the hard turns that aces love to use with the stress he carries around (blocking his K Turn) and without hard blues he has a hard time getting back in the fight.

I'm still a bit salty that BB-8 only has 2 charges. I was really hoping he'd be limited in some other way, or at 16 points maybe just straight up 1e version. 

Edited by FriendofYoda

Hyperspace only list ~ I have 10 points to spare where does it go, any other changes/suggestions. I like the Heroic/Finn/Rose combo and won’t change that.

T-70 X-wing - •Poe Dameron - 88
    •Poe Dameron - Trigger-Happy Flyboy (68)
        Heroic (1)
        R4 Astromech (2)
        •Black One (2)
        Ferrosphere Paint (6)
        Proton Torpedoes (9)

Scavenged YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Han Solo - 102
    •Han Solo - Jaded Smuggler (76)
        Heroic (1)
        •C-3PO (6)
        •Rose Tico (9)
        •Finn (10)

Total: 190/200

Do I switch out C3PO for Perceptive Copilot, do I add Proton Rockets? Should I keep Ferrosphere paint on Poe Dameron.

Edited by Cgriffith
More information

1 hour ago, Bucknife said:

I made a list like this.... 

But then I thought about the 5+Omega Aces Swarm. They'd eat these two for breakfast. First  order isn't getting nearly enough credit. 

I like my Kylo/Null/Quickdraw list. It’s efficient, and very formidable. That being said I prefer Rey/Poe but will be trying a Han/Poe list at some point.

6 hours ago, eljms said:

@Quack Shot, Does Han get constantly stressed / jammed?  I'm trying to imagine flying it and it looks like he probably will but that you don't really care.

He’s i6, so any token he needed he already used and doesn’t care about a 50/50 jam. Stress, sometimes but doesn’t care too much. Always can get bailed out with the title.

5 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

Hyperspace only list ~ I have 10 points to spare where does it go, any other changes/suggestions. I like the Heroic/Finn/Rose combo and won’t change that.

T-70 X-wing - •Poe Dameron - 88
    •Poe Dameron - Trigger-Happy Flyboy (68)
        Heroic (1)
        R4 Astromech (2)
        •Black One (2)
        Ferrosphere Paint (6)
        Proton Torpedoes (9)

Scavenged YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Han Solo - 102
    •Han Solo - Jaded Smuggler (76)
        Heroic (1)
        •C-3PO (6)
        •Rose Tico (9)
        •Finn (10)

Total: 190/200

Do I switch out C3PO for Perceptive Copilot, do I add Proton Rockets? Should I keep Ferrosphere paint on Poe Dameron.

Title on Han for sure. Maybe ContraCybers

33 minutes ago, Greebwahn said:

Title on Han for sure. Maybe ContraCybers

Hyperspace legal ~ Contraband Cybernetics is not Hyperspace legal.

Edited by Cgriffith
spelling of course