Cubanboy

Happy Friday - Which of the five are you playing.....?

2 hours ago, generalchaos34 said:

Well that certainly makes a lot more sense. Most of the clone wars shows were like "Evil CIS guys came to pollute your planet or take its resources!" or simply blow it up. Then again, I have a feeling the clone wars show was outright Republic propaganda and the original Clone Wars cartoon was the truth =P

Oh they absolutely were republic propaganda.

To me, the CIS represents, well, a confederacy of Big Business, personal vendettas, and folks who wanted less government and were mad Palp was gaining so much power. Of course, all parties brought to the same table by Dooku at Palp’s own designs....

8 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Of course, all parties brought to the same table by Dooku at Palp’s own designs....

Both sides were played like fiddles and blindly dove into a war that shouldn't have happened thanks to that arrogant jerk and the manipulations by his predecessors that he built on.

I've been doing just Rebels with plans to join the Resistance and the Republic once they're available. I will be playing whatever format is available at my local game shop. I hate running Rebels in the 2nd ed format, and don't see that changing once hyperspace starts up, so I'll try to only play Rebels in Extended. Just too many toys, that I paid too much for to have them all collect dust. Since Resistance gets all their toys, and the all new factions will likely be the same, I wont mind running them in Hyperspace. 

Personally I'm really hoping that Hyperspace rotates what's available often, or simply just adds more stuff as more things are re-released. if it's the competitive format, there should be at least a few options from the kits. Rebel Falcon and the Tie Striker 3 months early just isn't gonna cut it in my book. it's deeply unsatisfying to spend 50 bucks converting your collection only to be told that most of what's been converted can't be used in the main competitive format. I know that eventually the 2nd ed format will be the extended format, but hyperspace being 2nd ed plus 2 whole ship types is super underwhelming when I've been forced to ignore over half my Rebel collection entirely.

5 hours ago, Bucknife said:

I was list building earlier with 4 t70s and HLC. 

I think Reds with Heroic might actually be more competitive, simply for the passive reroll advantage. 

Gonna slip in my ferrosphere Tallie in place an X for a nice flair. ;)

I really have to question putting Ferrosphere on an RZ-2 instead of Primed Thrusters, given the innate advantage to agility one receives with being able to so easily clear the double allowance of stress you get from it. But I can see where you're coming from with HLC.

HLC is something I want to put on Kare Kun and Poe Dameron, honestly.

Ardent Rebel player who's bouncing in my seat excited to pick up Guardians of the Republic just to fly Obi-Wan, my favorite character in the series. I hadn't planned to pick up any Resistance but that RZ-2 is just too good to let past by. Did I mention that the A-Wing is my favorite ship after the B-Wing? 😁

Thanks for friday positivity, CubanBoy!

Self: Scum>Rebels>Empire (based on how often I play them, also liking fielded painted/modded ships, Empire just not really fitting), mostly playing snubfighters only. Never bought into the ST ships, completely uninterested (glad, saving a lot of money not needing to convert). Too many ships already, probably wont buy PT either. Have 3 of 4 children playing. 

One play Scum & Empire, (might buy into CIS), One diehard Rebels, One just began and is still undecided.

Not glad about Hyperspace. I have a large heap of ships, but the ones most interesting me (and not for POWAAAAR) are now banned :( in that format. That after having spend 3x50 +new core, and having Epics collecting dust.

14 hours ago, Hobbyist said:

I'm excited to see how hyperspace format feels, and I think a rotating selection of ships will have less ships pushed to the side. though I'll be fine in either format. 

As a lot of ships are already pushed to the side, as you are not allowed to field them. Not much left to push to the side ;)

Probably the local club (slight majority on the competetive side) will go over to Hyperspace training. Guess I will stay at home then, playing with the children and maybe new HotAc, the ships we like.

After going over the resistance stuff and making some lists, I'm a bit more optimistic about

This is good because I really like the t-70 model. It's no ARC, granted, but what is? 

Already own three of the buggers and got a scum Falcon to put on rey's base, only need a big ol' bomber and I'm good to go (until I cave and buy Lulo or w.e his name is)

Edited by ficklegreendice

23 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

After going over the resistance stuff and making some lists, I'm a bit more optimistic about

This is good because I really like the t-70 model. It's no ARC, granted, but what is? 

Already own three of the buggers and got a scum Falcon to put on rey's base, only need a big ol' bomber and I'm good to go (until I cave and buy Lulo or w.e his name is)

I'm gonna' get a resistance falcon + two more Scum falcons to customize.

I'll probably never actually run 3 resistance sympathizers, but hey. You never know, maybe there's something to it.

5 hours ago, Managarmr said:

As a lot of ships are already pushed to the side, as you are not allowed to field them. Not much left to push to the side ;)

I guess technically a LOT of ships are temporarily pushed to the side, I meant that the rotation should let non-top tier ships shine a little brighter when their rotation comes up.

Id plan to focus over Republic but sure Im gonna get the new models for Rebels and Resistance as they came by... Perhaps some Imperials, so I can share a game at home with newbies friends! Really looking after Republic and wandering if Nubians (N-1, NB-1, etc) will be added to this faction or if they will be another one by themselves... I got the feeling that 2.0 will get a fresh start with the release of Republic and CIS!

Edited by Mpori

On 11/30/2018 at 5:42 PM, Hiemfire said:

I like it. Enough of a danger to keep your opponent wary of ignoring them to go after Fenn with a good bit of beef to back up the bite. :) Even a pair of Bounty Hunters can be a significant threat.

Fenn and his two bounty hunting buddies scored me 3-0 in the side event after my last tourney. Knife fighting with those bounty hunters is a joy. If I swap one out for Han, he's going to have to pull a lot of weight! The Han/Fenn combo feels a bit more like two aces, though, and then the solo bounty hunter is at risk of getting mobbed.